shape
carat
color
clarity

Final choice on colour change sapphire pls let me know your opinion:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there I had gathered all information and advise from the forum and finally found a bi colour+colour change sapphire from one of the helpful pricescoper''s recommendation. this is the one http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=5222. pls let me know if Mastercut Gems is a good and relable source? and most importantly if the sapphire is a good worthy buy? what other ''clever'' question should I ask on top of those stated in the description?? tks so much :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dana is awesome! I got my spinel from him a few weeks ago and absolutely could not be happier! He gives info about the stones too, which I found interesting to know. He''s got a great return policy too, if you get it and decide it''s not the one for you.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo that''s the one I recommended!!!

What questions should you ask? Try these:

1. Are there any photos of the daylight teal colour of the gemstone (this may be difficult and Dana may not be able to get a good representation for you - it''s incredibly difficult)
2. It''s listed as VVS/VS but I can see some inclusions in the centre of the gemstone. They''re probably not noticeable IRL but ask the question.
3. Also ask if the inclusions are more or less noticeable in the daytime colour.
4. Re the returns policy - is anything deducted or is it a straight money back guarantee?

I personally haven''t bought from Dana but he has an excellent reputation on here and I think also posts occasionally so I''m sure you''re in good hands.

Just a hint - this forum is read by tons of people and some will snatch a gemstone out from under you so try and get it secured asap.

Good luck!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
If you wanted the stone then I hope you got it because Dana''s website now says that it''s sold.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you guys and Austen no worries, its reserved for me:) more advises welcome

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
YES thank you lovingdiamonds and sorry for the typo error in the other thread:razz: I meant to say that I had cut and paste your questions to Dana:) Actually I am kinda corcern over the inclusion issue too..

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Glad that it''s reserved for you, Chictomoto. But I am curious, how are you planning on setting this? I know that originally you were looking for any gemstones to work as sidestones for your FF''s diamond e-ring, and then you were zeroing in on a color-change set. But now it appears as though you''ve decided to look for a single stone rather than a pair and I was wondering how you see this being set in the future.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to chime in and say that Dana is awesome!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are in the US, I’d take a look at the stone in person to check it out in various lighting. Colour changers are always best viewed in person.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi AustenNuts and everyone! sorry for any confusion:) Initially I was actually thinking of getting a pair of color change stone for my centre diamond. Well I love the bi/tri color and color change properties so I looked into Alexandrite. However I find that to get a fine quality Alexandrite its way off my budget:) hence I zoom into Sapphire for its toughness and wearability. I have decided not to set it as sidestone. I would like to get one piece that is gonna sit on its own on a halo ring setting:) Still looking around. I do like the bi color/ color change sapphire Lovingdiamonds had suggested. But realised that its a little on the small side to create the ''look'' I wanted..Please do keep me update should you come across any bi/tri color or color change Sapphire of about 2 carats! tks in advance:)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are going to be hard pressed to get even a decent coloured colour change sapphire of 2 ct for under $300. Something has to give. You might be able to get a bi or tri colour sapphire though.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Chrono is right. For instance take a look at this colour change sapphire. It''s $2,000 per carat.

Are you hell bent on having a natural un-treated stone? If not then maybe look at these

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chictomato I have to totally agree with Chrono and Gailey. Your budget is unlikely to get you what you want I''m afraid. If you DO find a colour change gemstone in your budget then I can guarantee that the colour change won''t be significant. So you''ll either have to look for a smaller gemstone with great colour change or a larger one without.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think some of those lab-grown alexandrites are just lovely, Gailey! They would be within chictomato''s budget, and they appear to be genuine alexandrite rather than an imitation.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks Chrono, Gailey and LD! Looks like I will have to increase my budget and look out for one of a smaller weight:) I would still wanna go for natural untreated ones:)thanks for all the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results