shape
carat
color
clarity

Final CADs for incredible rose cut diamond - thoughts wanted!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree she should lower it.
I've mocked up how a wedding band would look if she doesn't lower it vs if she does
PicsArt_08-12-01.30.28.jpg PicsArt_08-12-01.33.37.jpg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great feedback Niel!

How low do you think the head can be set and still be comfortable?

My friend is still thinking about milgrain and is currently undecided.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's really minimal benefit to cad. I suppose the price difference could be large but it typically isn't too much for a strait band like that. And the style she likes isn't that beaded look, so hopefully she goes for the hand forged
I think her idea of having it set right above the band is good. That way her skin isnt touching the stone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh ok I know this designer. There seems to be a start difference in the two, to me.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's really minimal benefit to cad. I suppose the price difference could be large but it typically isn't too much for a strait band like that. And the style she likes isn't that beaded look, so hopefully she goes for the hand forged
I think her idea of having it set right above the band is good. That way her skin isnt touching the stone.

Sorry to be so dense but what do you mean setting the band right above the band?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't say band I was saying the bezel. You asked how high it should be set. I think how she wants to lower it looks good. And she might want to put another time under the bezel to keep ant bands from getting underneath

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Functionally I think it needs something touching her skin to keep the ring from wabbling and her bands from getting under the stone. I don't think the bezel surrounding her stone should touch her skin in my opinion it would make the rose cut get skin prints or sweaty. A Smalling ring under the bezel would be functional and help the ring sit the way I thin s PicsArt_08-12-04.30.33.jpg he wants it to sit

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1168.JPG Even if she goes for a curved band?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she plans to solder them together obviously that fixes the problem but if she doesn't there is nothing there to keep the band in place so it will still appear under the stone as is rotates throughout the day. And her e ring will still be wobbly.

If she actually likes curves soldered bands with her e ring then there you go.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... ring under the bezel would be functional and help the ring sit the way I think
If she actually likes curves soldered bands with her e ring then there you go.

The ring & the band could be spaced further apart if both are attached to a small bar separating the bands ... [if the band needs to tilt allot, it also needs to be larger, or of oval section - think of the countour of a slanted cut accross a pipe].

Otherwise, I certainly agree that that rose cut needs to stay away from skin ... In old rings, such diamonds would be suspended in mid-air on substantial prongs notched high: there seems to be some wisdom to this - the rose cuts catch light nicely. Of course, most stones set this way were much smaller, so there must be other considerations re. setting a large & thin one ...

Just a thought or two

[ the design brings to mind - WWW]

Last edited:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1170.PNG So my friend likes this milgrain done by David Klass. Hand-done, yeah?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's who types here does she like the small or the large

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my friend likes this milgrain done by David Klass. Hand-done, yeah?

Looks like something else - nicely done.

I am seeing every size of milgrain - from almost as small as possible with an old school millgrain wheel, to nearly as large as granulation (done as arrays of half-spheres) - comming from precise casting. It is precise.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results