shape
carat
color
clarity

FIDELITY DIAMOND? ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitediamonds

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever bought a diamond engagement ring from Fidelity Diamond in New "Joysey?"

Reputable? Your experience?

ALSO, this may be a crazy question, but I worry/wonder about when I buy a diamond and I leave the store with it and have it set at another jeweler - or set at the original jeweler - HOW DO I KNOW I HAVE MY EXACT DIAMOND that I ACTUALLY PURCHASED? Do I make the jeweler prove to me that it''s mine? How would he do that? How would I ask? What do you people do??? Aren''t you worried that they''ll change the diamond? I mean I read all these posts with people saying their ring "is ready to pick up." I''d be nervous that they swithed it. Lots of jewelers did that on Diane Sawyer''s PrimeTime a few years ago.

and if I buy from an online diamond store, and if I send back, who''s to say they will LIE and say they didn''t get the same quality diamond back?

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
We are in Australia so would not know your man in New “Joysey”
However your other problem is relatively simple. Have your local appraiser look at the diamond and cert prior to setting then again after setting (mounting). You are going to need an appraisal for insurance. In most cases you can arrange for the jeweler to deliver direct to the appraiser.
A laser inscribed girdle may also give you some measure of comfort.

Johan
Melbourne Diamond Exchange Ltd

whitediamonds

Rough_Rock
Dear Johan,
Thanks 4 the advice. BUT how do you trust the jeweler or the appraiser? Let's say I buy the diamond, I leave the store with it, take it to an appraiser (not affiliated w/ jeweler) and show him certificate etc. - actually isn't it better to let him tell u the color, etc. to make sure he isn't influenced by the cert?

and then he would do his appraisal with me watching him, I guess?

Let's say I need my ring resized. I bring it to a jeweler. How do I know I'm getting the same $10K (for example) diamond back? Do I ask the jeweler, is this my diamond? Would I have him take it over to the telescope or whatever they use to see the number inscription on girdle? SOS!

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
It’s highly unlikely that a reputable appraiser would risk his business or reputation for 10k. Reputable appraisers are usually members of associations which membership insists on a strict code of ethics.
If you are really that worried why not consider Richard Sherwood http://www.sarasotagemlab.com or Dave Atlas http://www.gemappraisers.com both are regular contributors to this forum. Their credentials are impeccable, we would have no hesitation in sending them goods for appraisal for 10m by courier and we are not even in the same country.

Johan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results