shape
carat
color
clarity

FIC proportions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone

I''m looking for a small diamond (0.5 to 0.6 cts) to make into a pendant. I prefer the look of old cut stones but want a modern cut stone that will give me the fire and scintillation that I prefer.

What crown/pavillion angles and table/depth % should I be looking at to find a stone that falls into the Firey Ideal Cut range?

Is there anyone who specializes in selling this type of stone?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
FIC Firey Ideal Cut Crown angle should be more than 35.5°
A small table also helps.

But the stone must still have <2.0 HCA score which means the stone MUST have a shallow pavilio - near 40 degrees - no more than 40.6.

it will apear to have twice as many facets as an old cut (even though there are the same #)

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much - now I know what figures to look for!

Does the total depth make a difference?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Forget about total depth, it is just an indicator of what the diamond should be. The important thing on any round diamond is the pavilion angle, girdle thickness, crown angle and table size. If all of those are where they should be, the depth will be OK also.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the input DB.

I've been looking on the web and I'm finding it very hard to find any FIC's on the various search engines. Are the FIC's harder to come by or are they out there and I just need to keep keep searching?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I was looking for my stone, I randomly came across a few FIC stones on DirtCheapDiamonds I think....and it was not by design at all. But when plugging the info into the HCA...I found about 2-3 while all the others were the TIC. I don't think I found one nice BIC while looking though.... except mine
1.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. I'll keep all the info in mind and start searching in earnest. Wish me luck!

purduephotog

Rough_Rock
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=7034717&ref=PS622

Gary- would this stone qualify then as a FIC ? Or have I gone and confused myself again.....

sfanta123155

Rough_Rock
Hi Bagpuss. I have a FIC.
E color
1.60 carat weight
It is 61.7% depth
54.9% table
35.6 crown angle
40.5 pavilion angle
AGS0
Also scores a nice .7 on the HCA.
Sparkles with colors to beat the band..

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/16/2004 2:07:14 PM purduephotog wrote:

Gary- would this stone qualify then as a FIC ? Or have I gone and confused myself again.....----------------

It scores 1.4, TIC, Ex/Ex/Ex/Vg
1.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Interestingly enough, I plugged in the numbers on the HCA Advisor for stone #2 on this thread, and it came up as a FIC. It's very funny, considering so many people seem like they're looking for them
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-am-torn-between-2-any-suggestions.16446/

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/16/2004 2:07:14 PM purduephotog wrote:

Gary- would this stone qualify then as a FIC ? Or have I gone and confused myself again.....----------------

I'm not Gary... but I think that stone's a TIC. I believe this one qualifies as an FIC.

Unfortunately, it's much bigger than what I'm looking for... not that I wouldn't accept it as a gift!!!
wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results