carat
color
clarity

FIC or TIC

hieung2

Rough_Rock
Advice on these 2 diamonds

Good morning all!
I just bought the Fiery Ideal Cut diamond for 20k G IF 2.11 ct, it stunning but seems a little yellow to me. I just saw alternative 2.18 ct TIC diamond F VVS1 for 25.5k.
Do you think is it worth 5.5k for an upgrade ?
Thank you all very much ❤️

G diamond video

F diamond video
IMG_4991.pngIMG_4991.pngIMG_4993.png

Attachments

• IMG_4994.png
    IMG_4994.png
    329 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4995.png
    IMG_4995.png
    318 KB · Views: 23
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend either of these stones. The cut isn't ideal, and the clarity is overly high (unless there are cultural reasons for it)

The G is NOT a well proportioned (cut) diamond. Which might have some influence on how you 'see'/feel about the diamond. Can you return it for a better 'cut'?

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend either of these stones. The cut isn't ideal, and the clarity is overly high (unless there are cultural reasons for it)

Hello thank you for the feedback. Can you explain me why? both of them have HCA scored 1.8 and 1.9 accordingly, and especially the G fired like crazy but just a bit of yellow hue that bordered me . Anyways do you think the G worth 20k? Or should I return it?

Attachments

• IMG_4978.jpeg
    IMG_4978.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4997.png
    IMG_4997.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4996.png
    IMG_4996.png
    908.2 KB · Views: 16
If you have it and like it, dont worry about it. But the HCA isn't a way to choose stones, it's a way to reject them. The cut on the G isn't precise.

Also, IGI G probably isn't a GIA G. It might br closer to an H/I

This is actually an interesting comparison. The proportions are right on the edge of the commonly referenced safe range (34-35/40.6-41). The G (36/40.6) and F (35.5/40.7) have comparable proportions, but the G has better optical symmetry based on the videos. I own a 35.8/40.7 with H&A patterning and it holds up against super ideals.

The F is not as well cut and I would not consider it. To see visibly less color in the same environments you’ll likely need to go with a D/E. Consider dropping clarity down to VS1 to keep prices down.

The F color stone has an unattractive face up view.
You as is it worth it to spend the extra money… what I would say is it is worth it to get a different stone than the one you got because the color bothers you.
I agree that if you go lower in clarity to keep the cost in line to go up in color you can stay within budget and still have nice clarity.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP