shape
carat
color
clarity

Fiancées 1.5ct F color VS1 round brilliant!

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Here it is. Beautiful, but she's considering haloing it in a cushion halo. Choices are either a full Harry Winston replica by Brilliantly Engaged (would be cast, not hand forged) or just halo around the center stone by Steven kirsch, would be hand forged.

What do you all think? Help us make this decision :)

_1599.jpeg

_1600.jpeg

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful and classic, but if she's always wanted the extra bit of bling a halo provides, I doubt she'd ever regret it, especially given the quality of work from your top two choices. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks awesome. I have an F, Vs1 too! It looks great on her. What is her finger size? I really love it as a solitaire. You can totally focus on the pure beauty of the diamond itself.

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. She's a size 4.25 (probably could have gotten a 4 since it's winter) .

Just can't decide whether to leave it as a solitaire, get the halo with all over pave (cast by Briliantly Engaged) or halo center stone with plain shank (Steven kirsch hand forged). Decisions are not my forte with this stuff, and she would be happy with any of the choices.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. Gorgeous. I'm a solitaire gal who loves blingy bands. Versatile and classic. People have their camps though. She should join the camp she's most comfortable with - the end.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond. I too prefer solitaires to let the beauty of the diamond stand out then pair it with a diamond band. Of course everyone has their own preferences and they all look spectacular.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks beautiful - I would rather keep it a solitaire too and get a blingy band but she has to do what she finds most appealing.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fabulous and it has really great finger coverage on her. Halo or solitaire will be gorgeous so it really depends on what she likes better. I do love a halo with a plain shank. It's a blingy yet clean look. Let us know what she decides!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful diamond! I have a solitaire and a 3 stone and never thought of myself as a halo girl, but I was in a store today trying some on and I love the added sparkle! I'm sure she will be happy with either!

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
She just can't make up her mind and I figure I will make it up for her. It's all she talks about, adding one or leaving it. I think it looks classy as is, as does she. I think a trip to a jewelry store is in order, so she can try on what she may want. We had a hard time finding larger stones in halos back when we looked in brick and mortar chains though, but it's worth a look I suppose.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! No matter what she decides to do, she can't go wrong with a diamond like that. :lickout:

Make sure that when you go, you have her try it on with some blingy bands to see if she likes that look, and if it gives her the extra something she's looking for. And if she finds a halo that simulates a look she likes, make sure she also tries that with different bands to see how *that* looks as a set. I know I wasn't thinking about bands and how they would affect the overall look when I first got engaged. They can make a big difference!

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
That's a really good point. She has an idea of the band she wants but may run into an issue if there's a halo involved. I know I requested in my quote with Mark that it be "a wedding band friendly halo", but even so, the bling of a halo plus the ring she wants may even be too much if there is such a thing

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond!!! :love: :appl:

Most often with a pave halo, I think it looks best for the ring maker to make a matching wedding band. I would have the pave on the halo and the top and sides of the shank. You have to leave a plain area on the palm side of the hand in case it ever had to be resized.

I personally wouldn't do it unless either Steven or Victor did it. I'd save and wait and do it right. That said, I really enjoy a solitaire with a diamond wedding band for myself. I do have some halo right hand rings, but I only wear them on occasion.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought of another option that I would consider if I didn't want to pay for handforged. Ritani is a very nice designer setting brand. They make a cushion halo with and without pave on the shank. I'd do this before I'd pay for custom cast at BE because I don't think the quality would be worth the extra cost. But Ritani is sold by many jewelers all over the country, so if you are in a larger city, you have a very good chance of seeing some sample rings in person. They'd send your diamond to be set in a Ritani setting made for her ring and diamond size if you decided on that. The great thing is that these rings are good enough quality for long term, but if she changed her mind in 5 or 10 years and wanted something else, it wouldn't be such a big loss. I'd encourage you to find a jeweler who sells Ritani and let her add these to the list to consider.

https://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/french-set-halo-diamond-band-engagement-ring-in-platinum/4973

https://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/french-set-halo-diamond-engagement-ring-in-platinum/4974

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I missed this, but am glad to find it now! I truly think it looks amazing as is and I'm a halo fan. With the size of the stone (and beauty!) in addition to her small finger size, keep as is for now. Stunning solitaire!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond! :love: Congratulations! :clap:

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
Just my opinion of course, but I wouldn't touch it. It is so classic and lovely and with her petite finger, you don't want to go overboard. Of course, I tend not to be a halo fan, but I just think this ring is perfect. Plus, with a classic solitaire like that, she has a lot more versatility for bands and fun stacking combos!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!
I love this look and personally I would choose diamond stacking bands for additional bling. The solitaire looks beautiful on her.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great as it is. Finger coverage is lovely. If going the halo route I like the plain band so the halo and center pop more but that's my preference.

I agree with others that she should look at bands first and even consider stacking a couple and then see if she still wants a halo.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

What a beautiful ring! Elegant and timeless.

My preference is a solitaire and a diamond band. After admiring the wonderful variety of ring styles on PS and then visiting some jewellery stores, I realized that halo rings (although gorgeous) just aren't for me. Not for every day for years to come. My style tends to be 'tailored and understated' rather than elaborate. But that's just my preference and irrelevant to what's right for you.

There can be a significant difference in appearance when rings are worn together rather than separate.

So visit jewellery stores and try your solitaire, and halo rings, with various styles of wedding bands if the e-ring and wedding band will be worn together.

Have fun! :D

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its georgeous!!! Looks great on her hand!! I love halos. Actually you can't go wrong with solitaire or halo, its a great diamond!!! Congrats!!! :love:

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Looks so good on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results