shape
carat
color
clarity

Fiancé ordered my engagement eternity band!!!

Mrs_J

Rough_Rock
I guess my title says it all! He (very) recently ordered my eternity band e-ring! After much back and forth, we finally decided upon a low profile 20pt u-prong e-band from Idj. From almost the very beginning I knew we would go with ID Jewelry for this project. Luann (who, sadly, I hear no longer works with the company) was such a wonderful lady to work with. She answered all of my questions and I felt like she was genuinely invested in helping my e-ring become a reality. And although I never spoke with him, my fiancé said Yekutiel was a pleasure to do business with as well.

And guess what?! My fiancé (he is the most beautiful, charming, sweet, loving mess of a man) went ahead and decided to order the 25 pt stones instead of the 20pts we'd spoken about. I'm ecstatic! I can't wait until it arrives and I get to try it on! I am, however, a little worried about the sizing. FI ordered the ring in a size 6 which is not technically my size. On a ring sizer, I measure a 5.25 , but I like my rings somewhat loose, which is why we ordered the 6. If it fits like a 6, it'll be perfect. But if it measures a 6 and fits like a 6.25 (which I hear u-prong rings are famous for), it's going to slide right off my finger. Do you think I should give Yekutiel a call? I do wear gloves at work, so I REALLY hope it fits like a 6!

Anyhow, that (and the fact that my wedding dress arrived on the same day FI ordered the ring!) is my joy bubble for the moment. I'm just so excited, I had to share. I'll definitely come back and post pictures after I receive the ring! Cheerio for now!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds very blingy!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds very blingy!!!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd call IDJ about that sizing issue earlier rather than later!! Easier to fix now than once it has all been finished!

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
I would definitely call ASAP to have them make it in a smaller size - I would actually recommend a full half size (5.5) which will feel more like a 5.75. I'm the same size 5.25/5.5, and a 6 would be huge, let alone a 6 in a uprong setting.

It's going to be gorgeous!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Another recommendation for calling IDJ regarding the sizing of your new ring. :wavey: It sounds like it will be fabulous! Very excited for you and can't wait to see pics once you get it! :appl:

deltalady

Rough_Rock
Can't wait to see! It sounds like a lovely ring, Congrats!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your soon to be new ring! Regarding sizing, I would call ASAP. I had a u-prong eternity made (25 pointers as well) from ERD, in my size, 6.75 and it was huge. I ended up having Mark add a few sizing beads in it but in the end, it just wasn't enough to make it work. I ended up changing the setting to a low shared prong basket style and it's now incredibly comfortable and fits great. I think if I would have had the u-prong made in the right size to begin with, I probably would of kept it as is. You may want to size it down from your standard size. But check with IDJ and see what they think. The other thing they can do is once the setting is made (but before the diamonds are set and the ring is finished), have them send you the ring to try on for size. When I had my eternity remade I had Mark do that so I could be sure it fit and I'm so glad I did that! Good luck and post lots of pics when you get it!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How exciting!!

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
Oh how exciting. :clap: I have an anniversary band (9 - .32 pt stones/platinum) for my engagement ring and I love it. I have had it for almost 2 months and it still takes my breath away. It took a few days to get used to the diamonds touching my other fingers but was not too bad.

0.25 pts as an eternity is fantastic, WOWser.

I ordered 1/2 size bigger than my actual ring size and I'm so happy that I did. It it a bit snug in the morning and then looser later in the day. I'll be curious how it fits during the colder months.

What are you choosing for your wedding band. I have attached a picture of my diamond band with my platinum wedding ring which is
2.5 mm. I'm getting married soon and can't wait to wear both rings.

Please post tons of pics of your new ring.

photo_9_7.jpg

Mrs_J

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies/advice. Yekutiel actually saw this post, realized who I was and called my fiancé about the issue. Now that's service! I'm not sure what the resolution was (after he sized my finger with our ring sizer, fiance told me to mind my own business, lol) but he assured me it was all worked out. So now I wait patiently (or as patiently as I can) :)

Mrs_J

Rough_Rock
asscher_girl|1442841986|3930147 said:
Congrats on your soon to be new ring! Regarding sizing, I would call ASAP. I had a u-prong eternity made (25 pointers as well) from ERD, in my size, 6.75 and it was huge. I ended up having Mark add a few sizing beads in it but in the end, it just wasn't enough to make it work. I ended up changing the setting to a low shared prong basket style and it's now incredibly comfortable and fits great. I think if I would have had the u-prong made in the right size to begin with, I probably would of kept it as is. You may want to size it down from your standard size. But check with IDJ and see what they think. The other thing they can do is once the setting is made (but before the diamonds are set and the ring is finished), have them send you the ring to try on for size. When I had my eternity remade I had Mark do that so I could be sure it fit and I'm so glad I did that! Good luck and post lots of pics when you get it!!

Asscher_girl: I've saved pictures of both of your beautiful rings, and I have to say, your original ring is one of the reasons I decided to go with the U-prong. I had initially decided on the closed basket, shared prong (a la DandiAndi, armywife, and your current band) but your lovely u-prong really turned my head. Your story is also one of the reasons I'm so concerned with the sizing of my ring, so I really appreciate your input!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Mrs_J|1442890290|3930409 said:
Thank you all for your replies/advice. Yekutiel actually saw this post, realized who I was and called my fiancé about the issue. Now that's service! I'm not sure what the resolution was (after he sized my finger with our ring sizer, fiance told me to mind my own business, lol) but he assured me it was all worked out. So now I wait patiently (or as patiently as I can) :)

That makes me really want to work with them one day. :clap: They really seem to have outstanding service! Glad they got the sizing issue addressed. Now for the waiting....... :whistle:

Mrs_J

Rough_Rock
773dianeb|1442862171|3930250 said:
Oh how exciting. :clap: I have an anniversary band (9 - .32 pt stones/platinum) for my engagement ring and I love it. I have had it for almost 2 months and it still takes my breath away. It took a few days to get used to the diamonds touching my other fingers but was not too bad.

0.25 pts as an eternity is fantastic, WOWser.

I ordered 1/2 size bigger than my actual ring size and I'm so happy that I did. It it a bit snug in the morning and then looser later in the day. I'll be curious how it fits during the colder months.

What are you choosing for your wedding band. I have attached a picture of my diamond band with my platinum wedding ring which is
2.5 mm. I'm getting married soon and can't wait to wear both rings.

Please post tons of pics of your new ring.

733: Your engagement ring is lovely! 32 points must be blinding; bet you can't help staring at it!

I plan on having a very similar look as your wedding set. I adore the look of a plain band with a larger "eternity style" band. Do you have a link to more pictures of your set? I've looked at/read just about every thread on eternity/5-stone/7-stone/9-stone rings I've been able to find, but I'd love to see more!

Mrs_J

Rough_Rock
Rockinruby|1442891162|3930415 said:
That makes me really want to work with them one day. :clap: They really seem to have outstanding service! Glad they got the sizing issue addressed. Now for the waiting....... :whistle:

I've been nothing but impressed thus far. Even though this transaction is taking place completely sight unseen, I have nothing but confidence in the crew at IDJ. Almost every review I've read (and trust me, I read quite a few) had glowing things to say about their customer service. And in the rare instance a customer did have something negative to say about one of their products, Yekutiel was ALWAYS willing to make it right. I truly expect perfection from this purchase, (I've done SO much research that my standards are ridiculously high) but I have absolutely no doubt that if it doesn't meet them, they'll be willing and able to fix whatever the issue may be. I do plan on posting a full review of my experience along with specs and pics (LOTS of pics!) after I have my ring! The information I've learned from the year and a half or so I've been OBSESSED with this site has been invaluable to me, and I plan on sharing the love! Plus it'll be so pretty :love:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thank you so much! Happy to help, sounds like IDJ is on top of things :) You can't go wrong with either setting that's for sure and I know you're going to love the 25 pointers. I also use mine as my travel band when I don't want to bring my EC (usually when I go to the Caribbean). It holds it's own as a wedding/e-ring, thats for sure! Can't wait to see it once you receive it, post lots of pics!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results