shape
carat
color
clarity

Fewer or shorter term ''stickies'' at the top of the forums

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I suspect that new users are not likely to be particularly interested in the threads that seem to get posted to the top of the forum and remain there for weeks. These are exactly the people who don''t understand that there are thousands of threads that can look at that might have what they want. It tends to set a tone for the forum that may not be what you''re looking for. At the same time, they often remain for weeks after the regulars who are participating in them lose interest.

Neil

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Neil. I''ve thought the same thing!

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your input, we are glad to have your feedback on this. I will explain the reasons for pinned topics from our side. Please feel free to make any further suggestions.

We leave threads stickied at the top for a few reasons:

1. Threads that we don''t want people to have to ''hunt down'' to add to, i.e., the "emoticon" thread in Hangout and the "helpful thread" archive in RT. Those stay pinned for easy access.

2. Special requests or frequently visited threads such as "ering eyecandy folder" or "weekly weight loss thread".

3. Special announcements or other special attention threads. These usually get taken down after a week of inactivity.

We try to keep the stickies to four or less and one month is about the average length of time they stay up, unless they are intended to be kept at the top for other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results