shape
carat
color
clarity

Few questions about recycling existing jewellery...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Howdy everyone!

I would love some advice on this. :read:

I have about 4 or 5 gold rings at home that I don't often wear - varying from 9ct up to 18k yellow gold. Some are with brilliant cut melee diamonds - maybe about 15-20 in total.

What I really want to to be able to set some of my gemstones but I don't have much spare cash at the moment (about the move house) so I wondered if I take all my rings to a jeweller - would they be able to "off-set" the cost of a new ring (simple solitare style) against the value the gold and diamonds of my existing ones? Or will I be laughed out of town..... :???:

I took them to GoldBuyers but the guy there was really honest (suprising I guess :lol: ) and said they would be worth more to a jeweller due to the diamonds.

I had two bad experiences selling on ebay so would like to avoid that if possible.

Is it possible to do this - recycle existing rings by using them as payment for a new one? :wavey:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, totally. I've done this just recently even. I traded in the poor, damaged ring setting from my OEC towards the new bezel pendant setting. I'm sure it will vary from jeweler to jeweler, but I would think they all would do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results