shape
carat
color
clarity

*Female Topic Inside*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
RQ,

I don't have first-hand knowledge about breast augmentation, but I can say -as a smaller-chested woman- that I've felt like you do. Once I'd fully developed and realized I wasn't going to get any bigger in the chest (though I did go up a measly size when pregnant, woo hoo!
20.gif
), I swore I'd get implants.

And then I realized that I'd be walking around with packets of silicone *inside* my body. Packets that could rupture. Seriously, just thinking about it squicks me out. Never, ever, ever.

One of my mom's good friends had breast cancer and had both of her breasts removed. The doctors reconstructed new breasts with her own fat from her stomach. I don't know much about it or if it's even available to women who just want larger breasts, but if it is, that's the way I'd go. My mother's friend said that when she ate a lot, her BREASTS got bigger because they were made from fat cells from her stomach. Anyway, just a thought. If this ever becomes available for everyone (and it might be, I've done no research), I'd be pretty tempted. But silicone? No freakin' way.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that I was on the "smaller" side with a B pre-pregnancy and wanted bigger. But then when I got to the bigger side with DD post-pregnancy, I hate them. They are big and heavy, wearing a bra is uncomfortable, and clothes don''t fit as well. I want my B back. I guess what I want to say is that the grass is always greener on the other side. While bigger breasts might help you feel more feminine or sexy, I think true femininity and sexiness are in your attitude.

I know you say that if you are willing to go under the knife now, you''ll be again for the upkeep. But remember as your body ages, it takes longer to recovery from surgery and you don''t heal as well either.

Just throwing things out there. If you think it''ll really help your self-esteem, then go for it. Hope you can decide what''s best for you.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Well, I have to say that I know many women (and men) who have gone under the knife for elective plastic surgery. I do not know one that is unhappy with the result - but then again, I do live in Southern California.

I understand that you want to do this for yourself. I would recommend the gummy bear implants over the saline (do a google search). I would also caution you to not go too big - and make sure your doctor is in agreement with the size you choose. A friend of mine underwent breast augmentation about 10 years ago. She told the surgeon she wished to be a full C. She woke up much larger - she couldn''t fit into a C cup bra. The doctor told her to wait for the swelling to go down. After a few weeks, the doctor admitted that he went bigger than she requested - because he said the number 1 complaint he gets is that the patient wishes she had gone bigger. So she asked for a C and got a D. She was ok with it - but I would have not accepted the surgeon going against my wishes.

Also, I am a mid B cup - naturally, but they look fake. I am very tiny - super small bone structure, 105 lbs, 5''2". The mid B cup is huge for my body. They get in the way and tops fit funny. In pictures or on film, all you see are boobs. So consider very carefully before going larger than a Full B Cup.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked into some of the creams and herbal stuff available? I know that the majority (maybe even all) of it is just expensive herbal supplements that do nothing but maybe there is one out there that actually works.

I had been looking into these and found one (breast success -- I think) that actually sounded promising. It uses herbs to stimulate the cells that cause growth in the breasts. They can''t guarantee anything because everyone is different. The one I was looking at had an average increase of between 1/2 and 2 cup sizes with something like 6 or 12 months of use.

Again, not sure how well it actually works but might be worth looking into. (price was something like $130/month but the price per month was lower if you ordered 6 or 12 months worth)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
First I have to address the cream - my only concern is if they had estrogen in them. Most forms of breast cancer are cells that are stimulated to divide by estrogen. I am sure not one has studied, but I am personally concerned about a theoretical risk of cancer if that is the case.

As for the breast implants, I understand how your feel. I wanted them too for a long time. I am barley an A cup and most closes are not made for a small chest - I mean got to BWW and look at all the strapless dresses!

My mother had them after she got breast cancer. She went from a small A-B to a C cup. She loved them, she was small too and it was something she always wanted. Of course, everything was paid for.

I have decided not to do it because of all the risks Tgal stated and I know I really want to breast feed my future babies.

As for going with residents at a top surgical program, I would consider it. I usually prefer to go to teaching hospitals for my care because I know the staff is up to date on the current best practices and are concerned about being a roll model for the trainees. I would just find out who would follow you up if something went wrong.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
grass is always greener! i always have wished my boobs were smaller... and they finally did get smaller when i lost weight, but they are the first thing to balloon out when i gain. and i am not a fan of them. smaller boobs are so much better! they don't distort the line of your clothing, they don't hurt to lug around, you don't have to strap them in before you work out with a harness, and my small-chested friends can wear things i definitely cannot. oh and they don't sag later (but i don't know about implants!).

that said...i have a friend who was very curvy, small waist and curvy hips and lower half and was small up top, i think a small A. she felt like she was not balanced at all, it totally bothered her. so she got implants, they were a little big for my taste but she loves them and now she is definitely BAM BAM BAM all curves all the time. she loves them. she also paid a ridiculous amt for some popular local doctor but they were not even and even after 2 additional surgeries they are still not totally even, so it has not been a fun time for her even after all the $$ she shelled out (12k i think).

soooo fwiw...definitely think about it, it's not foolproof surgery, and i think smaller is better but again, grass is always greener i think!

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
I have skimmed the other posts so I know that some of this is repeated information but I wanted you to hear my story.

I had my initial BA in May ''00. I had saline, over the muscle implants. I researched the heck out of different surgeons and about the actual procedure itself. Definitely make sure that you have a Board Certified physician that is certified in Plastic Surgery. That is very important. I definitely would not have a resident do it although that is just my opinion. I am sure that many women still would have good results from a resident.

In October ''08 one of my saline implants ruptured and I necessitated corrective surgery with new implants. I now have silicone based on my doctor''s recommendation as he is only doing silicone now. They actually have a lower rupture rate. We continued the over the muscle placement which I feel looks more natural. That position does make mammograms slightly harder to read but as technology improves in the department it is not as big of a problem. If I have another rupture the implant manufacturer will replace the implant at no charge but everything else would be my burden to pay for.

Even after my complication, I would have my surgery again in a heartbeat. I fit better in clothes and my body is more proportional now. As far as when to return to work, over the muscle is less invasive and I still had one week off for each surgery. You will be very sore and tired afterwards, especially after an initial surgery. Good luck!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Radiant, I know how you feel. I'm a very small A normally. I don't know what your build is like, but I'm not super skinny, so I do think I look disproportionate. I used to think I had small boobs b/c I was Asian, but then I started going to a Korean spa where everyone is naked, and I can tell you, my small boobs aren't b/c I'm Asian! It's because it's just my lot in life.

BUT...having said that, I do know someone who had implants and they were really messed up. She had a lot of tissue scarring, and had to have them redone 2 times. She's in southern MD- I'm not sure where her first dr (who messed them up) is at, but her 2nd dr is in DC somewhere. She was in a lot of pain, and I think she regrets doing them.

Despite my tiny chest, I personally would never do it. My twin sister had lifesaving, open-heart surgery when she was 15. I know sawing open your chest is a different operation than augmentation, but she said the pain was so great, that she would never have elective surgery ever. If I were to get implants, I would just worry that they'd only make me happy for so long and then I'd be on to the next "flaw" that bugged me. My nose maybe, or my stomach.

Good luck!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Warning: this is pretty graphic:

Having given anesthetics for a couple augmentations and a few reductions (little exposure to private plastic surgery in training, unfortunately) so far in my practice, there''s a world of difference between reductions and augmentations. Augmentations I''ve seen generally involved a small incision, usually around the areola, though I think sometimes they hide it a little lower down where the skin crease will fall. I''m not sure what the recovery time is like, but have seen women come back for a capsulotomy and redo because one side got scar tissue and ended up rock solid. Reductions are much more invasive. It''s like the skin gets peeled away from the lower part of the breast, the nipple gets left intact on the underlying tissue, and then masses of the breast tissue are cut out, trying to make both sides look more even. Some of the skin gets removed (the surgeon draws the pattern they''ll follow on the breasts ahead of time), and then the remaining skin gets stretched over the tissue that''s left and stitched back together. Leaving you with a circular scar around the nipple, and then a vertical line below that, and then a horizontal line in the skin crease. These aren''t small scars, by any means, and the horizontal one, at least initially, looks very puckered. But for someone with chronic back and neck pain and major problems with their body because of the huge boobs, it seems to be very worth the surgery and the recovery time.

It sounds like your smaller breasts are really causing you problems, and if you meet with surgeons and do your homework and still want implants, go for it. It''s your decision, your money. In your shoes I might consider a counselling session or two to see if there was any way I could manage to become happy with the way my body is, just to make darn sure. But it''s hard for me to put myself in your shoes because so far I''m happy with my B cup (I think it''s more a C in pregnancy), enjoy being on the smaller side, but realize that they''re not that small. I''m more unhappy with my nose which has a bump on it, but I''d be too worried about the other things I like about my nose getting messed up if I ever had a rhinoplasty, so I can''t imagine ever going under the knife for it.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I will do the two year plan. I have been thinking about for over 10 years though. I am really scared about the surgery part. I can handle pain pretty well, but I wonder if after all the pain if I am not totally thrilled with the results if I will be really upset. Every other serious pain that I have been in was worth something in the end. This will be too, but what if it is a case of the grass being greener. You know, once I have them I will wish that I didn''t. I want boobies darn it! Or so I think. You guys all bring up very valid points and you will be happy to know that I am teetering in the middle now instead of swaying towards surgery. I mean what if it totally feaks me out that there is something foreign in my body permanently. I am amazed that so many of you are in the same boat as me with small breasts. I seriously sometimes feel that I am the only one. It seems that there will be many more weeks, months or even years debating this with myself. Thanks again for all of your insight.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
you are def not the only one with small bubbies! Mine didn''t even grow with pregnancy, I was so annoyed! But they are what they are and I''m okay with them (for now at least!).

Keep us posted on whatever you decide...kind of funny that your MIL has them

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 8:26:01 PM
Author: nicolejrx
I have skimmed the other posts so I know that some of this is repeated information but I wanted you to hear my story.

I had my initial BA in May ''00. I had saline, over the muscle implants. I researched the heck out of different surgeons and about the actual procedure itself. Definitely make sure that you have a Board Certified physician that is certified in Plastic Surgery. That is very important. I definitely would not have a resident do it although that is just my opinion. I am sure that many women still would have good results from a resident.

In October ''08 one of my saline implants ruptured and I necessitated corrective surgery with new implants. I now have silicone based on my doctor''s recommendation as he is only doing silicone now. They actually have a lower rupture rate. We continued the over the muscle placement which I feel looks more natural. That position does make mammograms slightly harder to read but as technology improves in the department it is not as big of a problem. If I have another rupture the implant manufacturer will replace the implant at no charge but everything else would be my burden to pay for.

Even after my complication, I would have my surgery again in a heartbeat. I fit better in clothes and my body is more proportional now. As far as when to return to work, over the muscle is less invasive and I still had one week off for each surgery. You will be very sore and tired afterwards, especially after an initial surgery. Good luck!
It is kind of nice to hear from the other side of someone who would do it again. It seems like everyone hears the horror stories. I just really can''t imagine being unhappy with them.

I am not in need of therapy or something like that. I am OK with me. I don''t get dressed everyday and curse my breasts it is just something that I would like and we have the technology now to fix these things so why not? The lingerie thing upsets me, but like someone else said It is on for such a small time anyway.

Yeah my MIL got them at 50. Keep in mind she is HOT. She runs 5+ miles a day and is very stylish. She said to herself that she wanted them and got them. Just like that. My husband had a hard time with it. He said that it was weird talking about his mothers boobs all the time. hahaha

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 11:28:37 AM
Author: radiantquest
Maybe I will do the two year plan. I have been thinking about for over 10 years though. I am really scared about the surgery part. I can handle pain pretty well, but I wonder if after all the pain if I am not totally thrilled with the results if I will be really upset. Every other serious pain that I have been in was worth something in the end. This will be too, but what if it is a case of the grass being greener. You know, once I have them I will wish that I didn''t. I want boobies darn it! Or so I think. You guys all bring up very valid points and you will be happy to know that I am teetering in the middle now instead of swaying towards surgery. I mean what if it totally feaks me out that there is something foreign in my body permanently. I am amazed that so many of you are in the same boat as me with small breasts. I seriously sometimes feel that I am the only one. It seems that there will be many more weeks, months or even years debating this with myself. Thanks again for all of your insight.

I can''t tell you what to do, other than to echo others and advise that you research and research and research before making the decision.

I do think that often when people find flaws in themselves it seems to them like they are the only ones dealing with these flaws. They feel like nobody else is in the same situation. I know I have a friend who hated her nose. She obsessed over it - literally to the point where she was considering a nose job because she felt like she was the *only* one with that issue with her nose. She looked at everyone around her and was CONVINCED her nose was bigger than everyone else''s. Meanwhile, all of us (her friends) never noticed anything with her nose! It looked like it fit her face perfectly, it wasn''t big or disproportionate at all, and none of us thought she should do anything to it. But she couldn''t get it out of her mind that she hated her nose, so she focused on the nose of every single person she met and convinced herself that everyone had a smaller, prettier nose than she did.

Personally, I know for myself I am not overweight at all, and medically speaking, I''m not even close to it. However, I wish I were thinner and more toned. This is a flaw I find in myself and at one time I obsessed over it - to the point where I had an eating disorder. I looked around and every single person I saw around me was skinner than me. They were *ALL* thinner than me. Obviously that''s not realistically even possible, so it must be that at that time I was so self-conscious about my figure and my weight that I distorted what I was seeing and convinced myself that I was the *only* one around me who needed to be skinnier.

When people are very self-conscious about something on their body, they tend to only notice other people who have whatever it is that they *wish* they had. There are TONS of people with very small breasts - I would say half of my friends are an A cup, and I even have two or three who are AA. I used to have an A and then gained a little weight and now have a B. You definitely are not the only one who is "small"! Obviously this is your decision to make, and I hope you''re happy whichever way you decide to lean, but just know - although you might not realize it, there are PLENTY of woman in the same situation as you! Some decide to wear padded bras (so you don''t notice that they are small), some wear very good push-up bras, some decide to accept what nature gave them and try to be happy with it.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Radiant--have you tried wearing those bras that have a space for a silicone insert (chicken cutlet thingy). I used them in my wedding dress b/c there was no way in hell i could fill out the cups. I lost 10 lbs before my wedding and my boobs were non existent. they really work for filling in your clothing and only you and DH will know. If i didn''t wear a padded bra every day i would look *so* disproportionate. But since i am not showing my boobs to anyone but my hubby and myself (and we are both cool with them) i''d rather just ''enhance'' with padding.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I think I have kind of a weird view on this. I had a nose job (of sorts) the summer before I went to college. I had broken my nose twice as a kid. The first time pushed my septum out - it made the bottom of my nose hang lower. The second time the break never healed and if I got hit in the face, it would turn blue; I had trouble breathing and the newer broken place was huge and painful. So, I had my deviated septum fixed, they tried to repair the breaks, and they shaved all the shards of bone down to what it "would have" looked like before.

Not boobs, I know, but I guess the thing was for me... I was happy that they fixed it, so I could breathe, and happy that I looked the way I would have looked if I''d never broken it in the first place. This was something that even though I wouldn''t admit it to myself, I wanted. That said, virtually every time I look at myself, I''m conscious of my nose. When a man finds me beautiful, I wonder if he would have been attracted to me before.

Bottom line, and this is why I''m telling you it, RQ, it was what I wanted, it made me feel better about myself (and, you know, mostly healed the breaks and allowed me to breathe), but there is something about it that doesn''t feel like me to me. It is me, it has been for years and years, but I woke up one day and never looked like myself again. That was something I didn''t realize would happen. Would I trade it? No, honestly, and that is hard to admit. But that little nagging feeling of not being fully me any more is still there.

Just food for thought
1.gif
Good luck with your decision!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I recommend getting consults from at least two Plastic Surgeons; one who does mainly cosmetic procedures and one who does mianly reconstructive procedures. You may find the attitude rather different between the two (even tho they can do both kinds of work) and that may give you not only a more balanced perspective but perhaps, pause.

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i rather spent $10k for a diamond then on a pair of boobs.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
You'd look odd with a pair of boobs, DF.

I wouldn't do it personally, because I wouldn't want surgery unless it was essential and to be honest, I'm not that bothered about how I look, but if you're able to cope with it and you know all the risks and it's important to you, go for it!

Edit - that sounded snarky. It wasn't meant to - if this is something that matters to you, it's important. My friend just got a tummy tuck and I don't honestly see a lot of difference to how she looks, BUT I see a huge difference to how she feels about herself, she's got her sparkle back and she's happy with herself for the first time in years, which is wonderful because she's wonderful.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I mentioned it to my husband yesterday. His first question was how big. That surprised me because I thought he would complain or something. Then he said to do whatever I want. I told him that I needed for him to approve because he will be paying for it
11.gif
. But really his money is my money right?

He asked me if I have ever seen him throw around thousands of dollars before. Overall the conversation was light hearted and there is not a definitive decision, but I feel good that the first thing out of his mouth wasn''t no. I told him exactly what I wanted and he said that this job was going to be the death of him because I have way too much time to look around on the internet. There are alot of things to take into consideration before I actually do it. One of the biggies is the amount of time taking off work. I get pissy if I stay home for too long. I like to be out and about. The monday after thanksgiving I was so excited to go back to work after having off so much. If I have to stay home for a week or two I will go crazy.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just remember to come back and post some "chest shots"
31.gif

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 1:21:39 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
just remember to come back and post some ''chest shots''
31.gif
LOL! Seriously though, I wanted to suggest a documentry that embraces body confidence. "A Wink and a Smile: the Art of Burlesque" I watched it this weekend as I was having one of my "I''m overweight, bla bla bla...." moments and to see these women of different shapes, sizes, and cup sizes overcome thier biggest fear (the way their body looks) and gain confidence was inspiring. I felt that it is a beautifully, and tastefully done - though I tend to be a bit more liberal, there was one shot of a gal just in panties for her Picasso piece. If you have Netflix it is available to watch instantly.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow is my b-day and hubby and I were talking about my gift yesterday. He was playing the hint game. He said that we talked about it a couple days ago. We talked about satellite radio and I am sure that was what he was referring to, but I said "Boobs! You are getting me boobs for my birthday!!" Then I remembered he hinted that he needed to pick it up from Best Buy. I am fairly certain you cannot get boobs from best buy so satellite radio it is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results