shape
carat
color
clarity

*Female Topic Inside*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I have been seriously considering breast augmentation surgery. I have never been satisfied with what nature gave me. I was teased in school and I am tired of being a member of the itty bitty t***y commitee. I have waited until now to be sure that it was the right thing to do. I am married to a man loves me regardless of my smallness and this is what makes me sure that I am in the right frame of mind to do it. I want it for me, not to attract a man. I am not looking to be too large, just balance out my figure. I was blessed with a booty, but have nothing in the front to balance myself out. It is so expensive and painful from what I hear. I have a desk job so I should be able to return to work in about 2-3 days. Has anyone had experience with this? Do you or someone you know have implants?
I have been researching for a little while and I think I have decided what I want. Round, saline, smooth, over the muscle and just enough to be a medium C. Since I live so close to Baltimore there are plenty of places for me to choose from. My MIL got them a few years ago and spent $6K and I am not happy with hers so I don''t think the more you pay the better the results. I was considering going to Johns Hopkins. Then while I was perusing the info they had on the subject I found that they have a special program where their last year (6th year) plastic surgery residents do the surgery, of course watched by a senior practicing doctor. They do it for 60% less than the average. Is this a bad idea? I mean I am sure that they know what they are doing and it is at one of the best hospitals so if something goes wrong I am in good hands.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have implants, but know at least four gals who do. My best friend got hers five or so years back and they turned out perfect, except when the dr. made the incision, one was made right below her nipple and so now she has a scar running along the bottomish part of her breast and is visable. He was suppose to laser the scar away and I''m not sure why that didn''t happen. She has under-the-muscle. She went to a boob production line type place called the avalon clinic here: http://www.avaloncosmeticsurgery.com/PriceList.php which currently charges $4,900 for saline. Her boobs do look good though. . .a bit top heavy though. She''s 5'' 8", 110 and now has a full c cup. She let me touch them and they felt fine. Not weird or hard or whatever. I didn''t have anything to compare them to except my own boobs, so really I have no idea! lol

Okay, now not to freak you out, but be sure to look into the odds of the implant leaking/bursting. I do know TWO ladies who had this happen! One said it hurt like hell and the other I''m not sure about. . .her sister told me about it. My point to this is even if everything goes great during the surgery, later on there can be complications. Also, most implants have a life span. I can''t remember exactly. . .I think they need to be replaced every ten years or along those lines. Just two things to consider.

Best of luck!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 12:12:10 PM
Author: MC
I don't have implants, but know at least four gals who do. My best friend got hers five or so years back and they turned out perfect, except when the dr. made the incision, one was made right below her nipple and so now she has a scar running along the bottomish part of her breast and is visable. He was suppose to laser the scar away and I'm not sure why that didn't happen. She has under-the-muscle. She went to a boob production line type place called the avalon clinic here: http://www.avaloncosmeticsurgery.com/PriceList.php which currently charges $4,900 for saline. Her boobs do look good though. . .a bit top heavy though. She's 5' 8', 110 and now has a full c cup. She let me touch them and they felt fine. Not weird or hard or whatever. I didn't have anything to compare them to except my own boobs, so really I have no idea! lol

Okay, now not to freak you out, but be sure to look into the odds of the implant leaking/bursting. I do know TWO ladies who had this happen! One said it hurt like hell and the other I'm not sure about. . .her sister told me about it. My point to this is even if everything goes great during the surgery, later on there can be complications. Also, most implants have a life span. I can't remember exactly. . .I think they need to be replaced every ten years or along those lines. Just two things to consider.

Best of luck!
Ditto.

You don't buy boobs once and have them be perky and happy for a lifetime. It's maintenance and more money thrown at it...sometimes when you least expect.

I know several women with them (I live in LA, so of course I do!) Two of them are my cousins and I got to grope a fake booby first hand, lol. Most seem happy with their implants. However, a few years ago, my cousin and her husband came to Australia to help TGuy move to the US. When they were in Sydney, her implant deflated. She's a very sensitive person and this really upset her (I didn't know until way after the fact this had happened as she had to go find bras, stuffing, whatever to get her through the trip). She doesn't have a whole lot of money and had to fork out a few grand to get them fixed when she came back. This meant taking time off work and the pain of healing yet again.

I don't remember if another close friend of mine did under the muscle or over, so it's something to definitely look into.

Also, not sure if you have kids or not, but breastfeeding may be an issue with implants. My close friend mentioned above did hers after having her kid and she knew she wasn't going to have any more. She said BFing did a number on her boobs. Another acquaintance had her boobs done years ago (she was a professional cheerleader) and had to formula feed all three children when she had them. I have heard that people can successfully BF with implants, but I don't know of any personally who have done so.

They are not forever. And at some point, if you live long enough, you will probably want to take them out. Consider that you will be going through surgery again at an older age when healing is tougher. My cousin (the one whose implant deflated) was on the phone crying with me and said she wished she had never done it, but she was afraid of what they would look like if she got rid of the implants.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have a ton of input except to be very sure of your decision before you pull the trigger and to be sure to research the over/under the muscle issue. I work at a chiropractor''s office and ladies that have under the muscle implants very often have problems with their shoulders and chest muscles - having the implant under the muscle really affects the entire area.

I would also consider what they might look like in old age.....

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Definitely do your research. They do make mammograms harder to read. They also need to be replaced every ten years. I have a friend who just had to replace hers. She said it wasn't as big of a deal as the original operation, but an operation nonetheless. If you haven't had kids yet, you might want to wait until after you have them.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 12:31:54 PM
Author: missrachelk
I don't have a ton of input except to be very sure of your decision before you pull the trigger and to be sure to research the over/under the muscle issue. I work at a chiropractor's office and ladies that have under the muscle implants very often have problems with their shoulders and chest muscles - having the implant under the muscle really affects the entire area.

I had heard that under-the-muscle looks more natural?

Radiantquest - I'm not sure of what your future plans are re: children, but would you consider waiting until after you have them before deciding? That way you still have the option to BF if you want? And, that way if, say you do BF, you can then have your chest perfected after that period in your life?

OH, and FWIW, I don't think any of our chests are going to look fabulous in old age. lol Maybe get perky C cups at 80?
3.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''ve also thought about having mine done in a few years. I''ve got the big butt too, and nothing up top to balance it out. I am waiting until I know I''m done having kids, even though BFing didn''t work with baby #1.

My 2nd cousin (15 years older than me). Had hers done about 10 years ago. She shrivled up after her 2 babies, and wanted to just be back to her original size. Her OB at the time was going for his platic surgery license, so she got them done for just the cost of the hospital/operating room (I think she said $1,800). That is probably similar to Johns Hopkins, where there''s an experinced surgeon watching over, the new docs just have to do so many before they''re licensed. She got hers under the muscle, and says she wouldn''t have done it if she''s known how painful that would be. She doesn''t have much of a pain tolerance though.

Just make sure it''s what you really want, and that you can afford future costs if they deflate/leak/need redone.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 12:31:54 PM
I don't have a ton of input except to be very sure of your decision before you pull the trigger and to be sure to research the over/under the muscle issue. I work at a chiropractor's office and ladies that have under the muscle implants very often have problems with their shoulders and chest muscles - having the implant under the muscle really affects the entire area.

I think that under the muscle looks more natural, and I *think* are less likely to rupture.

ETA I think you need at least a week to recover. 2-3 days doesn't sound like enough time for a major operation.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
4 years ago (almost 5) I had a tummy tuck, boob job, and liposuction....

I wouldn''t recommend it for anything in world. No way, no how. Nothing but grief.

Plastic surgery is often viewed by certain demographics along the same lines as getting a hair cut...it''s just done. I fell into that. I wasn''t happy with my body, I had the cash and I did it. I can tell you, while the pain and healing wasn''t bad...the after effects and results are so unpredictable. I have issues with ALL the work I had done--and no, I didn''t skimp or go for the cheapest doctor either.

Knowing what I know now...I can honestly tell you I wouldn''t have done anything. You simply trade one issue for another. While you may have lovely big fake boobs, you also have to worry about popping an implant or an impact leaking, you need to have them redone eventually, breast feeding may or may not be an issue. Also, and this is a side note for me...I have strong history of breast cancer in my family...screening for that using traditional methods is harder now...and I''ve had it recommended to me that I have them removed in the future to have a full mastectomy of all my breast tissue and a new set put in.

I would do a lot of research...and if you can find one, there are support groups for people who have had plastic surgery go wrong--go and sit in for a meeting. This is a huge decision and shouldn''t be taken lightly.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s a couple women in town I know that have gotten them, but one I don''t like, and the other I don''t know very well. I''ve thought about getting them at some point..one of mine is a little lower now, after nursing 2 kids. I always hated mine b/c they were SO tiny, like between AA and A tiny. Now I think, crap, they used to be so perky and looked cute. I guess I shouldn''t have expected to go from looking like a little girl to exploding out of a C cup when I was nursing, and back down again-twice, without some sort of booby weirdness afterward. I''ve been wearing a super padded super lifty bra, and that makes it better when I have clothes on.

I worry about mammograms, I worry about the implants leaking, I worry about my body saying WTF get those out of here, I worry about what happens when I''m 70 or 80 or older-skin droops regardless as we age, so then what? I don''t want to be the 80 year old fancy pants hipster getting my implants that have sagged back down, lifted again. I can roll them up and put them in a lifty bra and save a lot of money. I figure at that age, JD will be so happy if I put out, he won''t care if they''re saggy and weird looking.

Taking just a few days off sounds like not long enough, to me. I think they have requirements about that, but I''m not sure. My boob knowledge is gleaned from the plastic surgery shows that I love watching, but I thought I''d heard it on there. You have to allow your body time to heal properly. My aunt had reconstructive surgery done on her breasts and she has to take 6 weeks off. She had a lift on both sides, and had some tissue from her back put on the side where she''d had cancerous lymph nodes taken out. Granted, she''s got a physical labor job, but still.

Bia

Ideal_Rock

Date: 12/1/2009 1:09:29 PM
Author: packrat
There''s a couple women in town I know that have gotten them, but one I don''t like, and the other I don''t know very well. I''ve thought about getting them at some point..one of mine is a little lower now, after nursing 2 kids. I always hated mine b/c they were SO tiny, like between AA and A tiny. Now I think, crap, they used to be so perky and looked cute. I guess I shouldn''t have expected to go from looking like a little girl to exploding out of a C cup when I was nursing, and back down again-twice, without some sort of booby weirdness afterward. I''ve been wearing a super padded super lifty bra, and that makes it better when I have clothes on.

I worry about mammograms, I worry about the implants leaking, I worry about my body saying WTF get those out of here, I worry about what happens when I''m 70 or 80 or older-skin droops regardless as we age, so then what? I don''t want to be the 80 year old fancy pants hipster getting my implants that have sagged back down, lifted again. I can roll them up and put them in a lifty bra and save a lot of money. I figure at that age, JD will be so happy if I put out, he won''t care if they''re saggy and weird looking.

Taking just a few days off sounds like not long enough, to me. I think they have requirements about that, but I''m not sure. My boob knowledge is gleaned from the plastic surgery shows that I love watching, but I thought I''d heard it on there. You have to allow your body time to heal properly. My aunt had reconstructive surgery done on her breasts and she has to take 6 weeks off. She had a lift on both sides, and had some tissue from her back put on the side where she''d had cancerous lymph nodes taken out. Granted, she''s got a physical labor job, but still.
lol good point.

If it''s something you want you should definitely go for it. However, I do agree with what the others have said: Do lots of research. I would even go as far as getting feedback from former patients after you''ve narrowed down a few doctors you might want to work with. Check out local forums as well - see if there are reviews for those offices.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 1:35:19 PM
Author: Bia

Date: 12/1/2009 1:09:29 PM
Author: packrat

lol good point.

If it''s something you want you should definitely go for it. However, I do agree with what the others have said: Do lots of research. I would even go as far as getting feedback from former patients after you''ve narrowed down a few doctors you might want to work with. Check out local forums as well - see if there are reviews for those offices.
Well, lemme say something on the age thing...

If you care how you look now (especially if you have any vanity whatsoever), you WILL are how you look when you are 70. My mother is turning 70 this year...she still cares. Age is a frame of mind and my mom says she still feels like she is 25, so it does bum her out to see that her body is aging past her mind.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Radiant--others have made good points about cost and risks so i won''t go into that, but i will speak a little about self esteem. I''ve always been really critical of myself. I am my own worst critic. I wanted a nose job in highschool and despite also having a hubby that thinks i am a gorgeous i thought it was something i wanted to do for myself when i was in my early 20s. A good girlfriend told me to make my decision, choose my dr., start saving etc. and then simply wait...2 years. She suggested that during that wait i seriously work on the self esteem issues that were making me feel like i had to change myself. And, if i really put that effort forth (like really) and I *still* wanted that nose job, then i should go ahead without regrets. Well, i did do that. I am now 30 and have no desire to go under any knife. So while yes, i think that most women have self esteem issues their whole life & they will follow them into old age, change is also possible. But it has to be something you go after as zealously as you would research into a good surgeon....
Oh and I know how you feel about boobs. I too am small chested (barely fill out an a cup) and 16 months of breast feeding made my boobs look like hideous kiddie socks hanging off my chest. No shape, no oomph, no perk. I plan to nurse the next child that is on the way for the rest of my life. haha
2.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your input. I guess I should have mentioned this before. I don''t plan on having kids, ever. So that is another reason that I would like to have them done. While all my friends that are having kids now are driving to soccer practice and going to school plays hubby and I will be living our lives without children to care for.

I know that I will have to get them done again in about 10 years. That is not an issue for me. If I am willing to do it now I will be willing to then too.

Yes, I know there is a chance of rupture or leak. That is why I choose saline because it can be safely absorbed into my body. I have read that most makers of the implants will replace the implant free of charge if there is a leak or something so that you only have to pay the surgeons fee instead of the entire cost again.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 2:59:51 PM
Author: radiantquest
Thank you so much for your input. I guess I should have mentioned this before. I don''t plan on having kids, ever. So that is another reason that I would like to have them done. While all my friends that are having kids now are driving to soccer practice and going to school plays hubby and I will be living our lives without children to care for.

I know that I will have to get them done again in about 10 years. That is not an issue for me. If I am willing to do it now I will be willing to then too.

Yes, I know there is a chance of rupture or leak. That is why I choose saline because it can be safely absorbed into my body. I have read that most makers of the implants will replace the implant free of charge if there is a leak or something so that you only have to pay the surgeons fee instead of the entire cost again.

The price of implant is nothing it''s very nominal in grand scheme of things. I remember that my operation fee (hospital use, surgeon, nurses, anesthesiologist, drugs) was around $25,000. In the end, because my surgery ran over the scheduled time, I got dinged with another few thousands because they charge by the minute, this is a pitfall that cannot be avoided because complications on the table do occur and is something to seriously consider. I''m not saying this is a reason NOT to have surgery...but the price of the implant itself is the smallest fraction of the overall cost involved.

You sound really set on having them done...so be smart and meet with AT LEAST 5 different doctors. Check board status, google names for reviews and overall do your homework. People that have had breast augmentation can develop a whole gamete of issues that you wouldn''t even think of. For example...where are you planning on having your implant inserted? If it''s through your belly button, you can have hemorrhaging. Under arm implants can lead to issues with lymph nodes and the circulation of fluid in your body. If it''s an areola implant, you can loose sensation for LIFE. I really suggest going to a plastic surgery support group so you can see the other side of things. There are real success stories out there of people who feel reborn after having work done, you''ll find them plastered all over a doctors website...but there is flip side, and it''s dark.

Some of issues you could face are:

Displacement -- breast implant moving
Symmastia-- breast implants converging into one
Rippling of breast
Permanent pain
Permanent numbness (I suffer this)
Capsular Contracture -- hardening of scar tissue around implant
And the list goes on...but none of these side effects are covered by insurance because it''s all elective...and some insurance companies wont cover you if you''ve have work done...

I can only tell you that every experience is different...and looking back, I would wish I could fully undo all that I did to my body--I don''t love myself "anymore" than I would have had I not done my surgeries. I hope if you go forward that you research the HECK out of it and make really smart choice because it''s not just for the here and now it''s forever, and if it''s bad--it could be worse than just being lopsided.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 96.58%; HEIGHT: 93px">Date: 12/1/2009 12:42:14 PM

It may, but under the muscle can cause more issues to the surrounding muscles. Changing one thing affects everything.

And what I meant as far as what will they look like in old age is will the implants be the obvious one thing that''s not changing and aging along with the rest of the body? I wonder if they become really obvious as you age.......

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Plastic surgery changed my life. But my surgery was the opposite of yours. Do your research and think about it. I thought about it for 5 years and got it done at the ripe old age of 21. And I have never regretted it, but it was a reduction, not an augmentation. I plan to have a breast lift eventually as well.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
There are gummy bear implants that feel really natural. They are WELL worth the extra $500 an implant.

To prevent them from hardening, get a foam roller (they sell them at target) and roll them on the floor. This will hurt, I''m told, but will prevent the rocks.

I know women that have had this done, from women who breast fed and wanted their sunny side ups, a little less flap jacky - and 17 year olds who just didn''t have much to start with.

If they move the nipple, one lady I know has permanant numbness... zero sensation in this area, and it feels like a foot that fell asleep. I have a similar numb spot on my chin after my wisdom teeth were removed, and I couldn''t imagine it on my ladies... aparantly this was a HUGE disappointment, because now they just look nice- but give ZERO pleasure.

The girl that had no boobs, they went in through the armpit, and left like no scar at all..she didn''t go under the muscle.

You have to get them redone... and take a lot of care.

I''ve had to take care of several friends, afterwards, and the pain was unimaginable. bathing breathing, everything hurt. Crying and wailing hurt. They had to be taken care of for several days, and the pain lasted longer than they expected. Spring break, and christmas break boobs were common in my social circle.

I''ve thought about having it done after kids - just because of the raisin effect. But right now, I''m very active and athletic and enjoy the perks of not being limited by my b-cups.

Good luck on your decision... it is a very personal one- and one NOT to be taken lightly.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not a proponent of elective surgery. I am a fan of getting to the root of the issue and dealing with that. I *get* that it''s nice to have breasts that fill out a dress or that it makes mammograms easier (or so I''ve heard)...but I don''t understand why an otherwise healthy person would put themselves through surgery (which is SERIOUS)???

Personally I''d spend that kind of money on diamonds, instead. Those would make me happier and obviously last longer than boobs.

tlh

Ideal_Rock

Date: 12/1/2009 3:25:19 PM

It may, but under the muscle can cause more issues to the surrounding muscles. Changing one thing affects everything.

And what I meant as far as what will they look like in old age is will the implants be the obvious one thing that''s not changing and aging along with the rest of the body? I wonder if they become really obvious as you age.......
Yes, this is also very true. I know a few women that now have spinal alignment and back problems as a result. The shoulders rolled inwards, and this caused a lot more issues, and it is related to the implants.

If you do not have a weight lifting muscle regimine - START BEFORE you get implants, and for the life of you... do not stop.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 3:52:43 PM
Author: monarch64
I''m not a proponent of elective surgery. I am a fan of getting to the root of the issue and dealing with that. I *get* that it''s nice to have breasts that fill out a dress or that it makes mammograms easier (or so I''ve heard)...but I don''t understand why an otherwise healthy person would put themselves through surgery (which is SERIOUS)???

Personally I''d spend that kind of money on diamonds, instead. Those would make me happier and obviously last longer than boobs.
I agree with Monnie.

It sounds like your mind is made up, so here''s just another voice added to the "make sure you do your research!" choir.

I have three close friends who have had elective surgeries--two nose jobs and a liposuction. Only one of them is any happier after the fact, and she really did have one of those noses that took away from *everything* else about her face. The other two regret having gone through it because it didn''t fix the issues that motivated their surgeries in the first place.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Another big ditto on research but I think you''re smart enough to know that to begin with.

I have every intention of having a reduction when I''m done having babies. Yes, when what you have isn''t quite "right" you can deal with it, but it wears on you after years and years of "dealing." I''m not a fan of women getting DDD''s implanted on a size 2 body, but when the goal is to look natural I think it''s a wonderful opportunity to feel really good about yourself.

When I go for my reduction (fingers crossed!) I will NOT go to anybody less than the best. These are my boobs! They are supposed to be glorious, not lopsided...

The only person I know who has considered implants is my cousin. She''s an athlete and has a great butt and legs, completely flat tummy (after 3 kids) but very little boobage. She decided, at least for now, to stick with cutlets because her SO doesn''t mind her size and she wants to be able to afford the best when it''s done.

I''ve known women with reductions (not sure if they are at all the same in recovery time) but they took off weeks from work. I worked with a lady in a medical office where she was able to take it easy, but she still couldn''t return to work for 2 weeks and then pretty much sat until she was 6 weeks post-op.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And Btw, RQ...I just thought of something else, or another reason I wouldn''t do it--my boobs HURT like hell every month and I can''t imagine enduring that sort of soreness times a million for surgery. For kids/breastfeeding, I suppose...but not (again) for elective surgery. I need an ibuprofen just thinking about it. Eesh.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
It jumped out at me that you said your husband "loves you regardless of your smallness." I know you were probably just writing off the top of your head and not thinking too hard about your wording, but to me it''s interesting that you said "loves" you, not "is attracted to you," and you said "regardless" or your breast size, as though you should be appreciative that your husband loves you despite your "condition."

We''re so often harder on ourselves than we are on others. I''m curious; when you look at other small-breasted women, do you think, oh, poor woman, look at her pathetic excuse for a bosom?

Good luck with your procedure. I hope it gives you the satisfaction you crave and the recovery goes smoothly.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 4:21:38 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Another big ditto on research but I think you''re smart enough to know that to begin with.

I have every intention of having a reduction when I''m done having babies. Yes, when what you have isn''t quite ''right'' you can deal with it, but it wears on you after years and years of ''dealing.'' I''m not a fan of women getting DDD''s implanted on a size 2 body, but when the goal is to look natural I think it''s a wonderful opportunity to feel really good about yourself.

When I go for my reduction (fingers crossed!) I will NOT go to anybody less than the best. These are my boobs! They are supposed to be glorious, not lopsided...

The only person I know who has considered implants is my cousin. She''s an athlete and has a great butt and legs, completely flat tummy (after 3 kids) but very little boobage. She decided, at least for now, to stick with cutlets because her SO doesn''t mind her size and she wants to be able to afford the best when it''s done.

I''ve known women with reductions (not sure if they are at all the same in recovery time) but they took off weeks from work. I worked with a lady in a medical office where she was able to take it easy, but she still couldn''t return to work for 2 weeks and then pretty much sat until she was 6 weeks post-op.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Even though a reduction is major surgery, I don''t think it is the same as an augmentation. With an augmentation you are putting a foreign object in your body which may potentially obstruct how your mammogram is read. Plus with a reduction, you usually only need one surgery. Augmentation is more of a commitment, with more upkeep (pun intended
2.gif
)

After having two kids, and nursing them, I looked into it. But with breast cancer in my family, and all of the maintenance involved, I decided against it.
As far as letting a resident do the job, I wouldn''t go that route. You want someone who knows what they are doing, not someone who knows what they are doing telling someone else what to do. I am not saying that residents aren''t capable, but plastic surgery is the most artistic specialty, and the more experienced your surgeon is,the better.

Good luck with your decision radiantquest.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I just want to reply to everyone. My mind is not completely made up. That is why I put such a personal matter here. I am not sure and I want feedback from people that have first hand knowledge about it.

phoenix- it is not that he loves me despite my condition. It is more that he loves me regardless, but even a butt man wouldn''t mind something going on up there during love making.
As far as looking at other womens breasts go...I have never seen a woman with breasts as small as my own. The only one that compared was my MIL and she has fake ones now.

It seems that women that have adequate breasts don''t understand. It is a femininity issue. I can''t wear lingerie because for it to fit everywhere else it doesn''t fit in the bust. That is a real bummer. It is kind of sad when you see something adorable and you go try it on and it all looks great until you pull those straps up and there is a ton of extra fabric where boobs should be. Makes me want to cry.

For a lot of women their breasts are what make them feel like a woman. Am I not entitled to that too just because I didn''t get them naturally?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 3:25:19 PM

Yep, I got that. It''s funny to think of an 80 year old with the breasts of a 20 year old.
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
RQ--You're probably right that we don't understand if we have naturally full breasts. I'm sorry if my response made you feel bad, I just wanted to share that in my experience, for my friends who had surgery to help the way they felt about themselves, it didn't work. The only one for whom the surgery did make a significant change is the one who had dealt with a pretty horrible looking nose her entire life, and the nose job really did alter her appearance significantly.

I think that you're wise to ask others for their feedback, and ultimately, as long as *you* are comfortable with your decision (and the results) in the end, then that will be the right decision, whatever it is.

Your posts do sound like you are strongly leaning in favor of getting the surgery, and that's fine! Sometimes the way we react to advice that we seek is the best indication of how we feel.

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do. (FWIW, I'd get reduction surgery in a heartbeat if I wasn't so against elective surgeries. I wear a 34-36D, so the only advice I can give you regarding size is don't go too big. You think lingerie doesn't look good when you don't have much up there? Try finding a sexy bra in anything over a C cup!)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/1/2009 5:21:42 PM
Author: radiantquest
It seems that women that have adequate breasts don''t understand. It is a femininity issue. I can''t wear lingerie because for it to fit everywhere else it doesn''t fit in the bust. That is a real bummer. It is kind of sad when you see something adorable and you go try it on and it all looks great until you pull those straps up and there is a ton of extra fabric where boobs should be. Makes me want to cry.

For a lot of women their breasts are what make them feel like a woman. Am I not entitled to that too just because I didn''t get them naturally?

I don''t have any first-hand knowledge here, so I hope I''m not butting in ... but I have to say, the descriptions of the pain from Italia and others, and the videos that I''ve seen of the procedures all make me wince. My best friend is built something like what you''re describing: she''s an A cup, and she regrets not being bustier, feeling more feminine, etc.

On the other hand, *I* think she has the loveliest build, and I envy it desperately - if it weren''t for the fact that breast reduction wouldn''t be enough to give me that silhouette (there''s also the not-so-small matter of height and metabolism), I''d consider going under the knife to achieve *that!*

I think it''s a really sad fact that in this society, women are almost always encouraged to be dissatisfied with themselves: the svelte ladies wish they were curvier, so they consider implants, the curvy ladies wish they were slimmer, so they look towards the lipo, on and on and on.

You''re entitled to whatever will make you happiest with yourself ... but just looking at your example above, you''re talking about altering your body for something that comes *off* during lovemaking and that might cause the desensitization of one of your primary erogenous zones. The mind is definitely the most important erogenous zone, bar none, so doing what you need to do to feel sexy is important, but ... if you''re thinking about altering either boobs or brain, maybe starting with the one that doesn''t require going under the knife would be a safer bet?

Jas12''s two-year plan sounds eminently logical to me ... how about you? Does the idea of going another two years sound like something you''d be willing to do?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 1:00:13 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
4 years ago (almost 5) I had a tummy tuck, boob job, and liposuction....
Italia - Did you have any after effects from your tummy tuck? Any problems with that? I weighed 130 before kids and lost weight and am 110 now and had two c/s during that time so I've considered having a mini-tuck to help my tummy look flat again. It's so expensive. Nearly $10K, so we're looking at a time down the road. I haven't read up on the procedure yet.

I cannot remember if I mentioned before that I considered breast implants but then decided I didn't want anything inserted into my body. My chest isn't great but the VS very sexy push up bra sure helps a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results