shape
carat
color
clarity

Fella''s, save yourself months of agonising hell....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

davisc02

Rough_Rock
I have to say Pricescope is the best diamond website there is, I have gained so much knowledge its unbelievable.

After spending months and months agonising over colour, carat, cut, clarity, Tolkowsky, Sarin''s, Gia, EGL I finally decided on a .75 Ideal G SI1 for a very very good price from a reputable online seller recommended by you lot(thanks). But I now realise when I catch my fiancee gazing at her ring and I may mention, Ideal,G, SI1 or any other technicalities of the stone it does not even register with her and in hindsight what I should have done to save all the stress is to ask one of the reputable online sellers can you get me the biggest, sparkliest, Whitest, eye-clean diamond for XXX dollars!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
hehehehhe - likely very true, Davis.....although I will say that cut does make the sparkle happen, so it is important to know about that.

Glad to hear your FI is happy with your choice.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/6/2004 10:28:23 AM davisc02 wrote:

I have to say Pricescope is the best diamond website there is, I have gained so much knowledge its unbelievable.
----------------

Don't worry -- you didn't waste your time learning this. There will be lots more times to apply it in the future for bday and anniversaries
9.gif

davisc02

Rough_Rock
Thanks.

I even started to wonder about cut.... My fiancee had some friends round shortly after I gave her the ring and they started comparing stones. One girl had what I would say was a 1.2 round, no sparkle, poorly cut, yellowy thing and the response from most of them were "WOW look at the size of that"!!!

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 2/6/2004 10:43:07 AM davisc02 wrote:

Thanks.

I even started to wonder about cut.... My fiancee had some friends round shortly after I gave her the ring and they started comparing stones. One girl had what I would say was a 1.2 round, no sparkle, poorly cut, yellowy thing and the response from most of them were 'WOW look at the size of that'!!!----------------

As long as your woman is happy that is all that matter. The girls probably questioned the sparkle of the big dull ring, but not if front of her.

If your fiance is at all interested, try to educate her, so she understands and perhaps appreciates the detail. I also got an ideal G SI1 combo. I thought it was the best combination of quality for size, without seeing the stone.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
What conquest is it to impress the mind of a novice, than to impress the mind of an expert? If you want praise in numbers, then go for a big yellow lump of shine.

It's like a car. You can get a nice used car that runs and looks nice. OR you can get a great car, looks pretty good on the outside but is a classic!
2.gif

WE APPRECIATE GOOD STONES! We'll Ooh and Ahhh at it! Send pictures our way!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
----------------
in hindsight what I should have done to save all the stress is to ask one of the reputable online sellers can you get me the biggest, sparkliest, Whitest, eye-clean diamond for XXX dollars!----------------

That's actually what I suggest newbies do, but most still choose to do their own search. I think you have to go through the diamond experience once to really trust someone other than yourself or something!

----------------
One girl had what I would say was a 1.2 round, no sparkle, poorly cut, yellowy thing and the response from most of them were "WOW look at the size of that"!!!
----------------

Well, one of my girlfriends is NOT a diamond person. But, when she sees a warm diamond she'll say, "Oh that's huge!" to the woman's face, but tell me later that it obviously wasn't a great diamond because it was so yellow. What you say to be polite is one thing, what you think is another.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 2/6/2004 11:22:29 AM chris-uk04 wrote:

----------------
On 2/6/2004 10:43:07 AM davisc02 wrote:

One girl had what I would say was a 1.2 round, no sparkle, poorly cut, yellowy thing and the response from most of them were 'WOW look at the size of that'!!!----------------

Well, of COURSE they are going to say that! They certainly want to say something positive about her ring (so as not to hurt her feelings), and if they can't comments on it's sparkle or poor color, they can comment on the size without *lying*. hehehehe

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I say it depends on your personality. If you are a perfectionist and you know nothing about diamonds, just go to a B&M and get a quote on their "biggest, whitest, sparliest". Then come on PS. Learn your stone, fnd your stone, and you will love it for the perfection that it is.

Price scope also helps if you have a limited budget and want the best for it. Some bad
nono.gif
B&M stores tend to find you guys easy prey for a price that doesn't fit the stone. Research helps then too.

If you are a busy person, or a name person, finding stones all over may not be for you. Tiffany's, Cartier, Bailey Banks & Biddle, etc may be better. It's not worth the hassle if it's worth the bucks to you. To each his own!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results