shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling overwhelmed looking for an EC

HHurst85

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I've posted a couple times regarding some EC I've found on James Allen and haven't gotten the best feedback on some of my pics. Obviously I am quote the rookie diamond seeker! Can anyone please tell me honestly if they think it's possible to find a decent EC with the following specs in the $4 k range:

Color: G/H
1 carat
Very good to excellent polish and symmetry
Clarity: VS1/ VS2
Depth: 1.35- 1.45

Am I expecting too much for my budget? Obviously I am very new at this... My first set was from Leroy's if that tells you anything, so obviously I am very naive about the cost of good quality diamonds. Are there some allowances I can make in order to meet my specifications (I.e. Fluorescence, color...)? I am obviously not looking for perfection, but I also don't want to get stuck with a dud. I appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
WOW the second one Gypsy posted - stunning - if I had the cash

alamana

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I'm in love with that second one Gypsy posted, too. Gorgeous.

HHurst85

Rough_Rock
She is a beauty!!! I did go ahead and set up purchase of that diamond to be finalized in 24 hours which I can cancel.

Do you all think either of these are contenders either? I like the L/W ratios of these better, but will I really be able to tell a difference between the 1.32 and 1.36?

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/1.01-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-sku-707544

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/1.02-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-766036

Also, do I need to worry about the girdle being thick to very thick?

alamana

Shiny_Rock
It looks to me like there is a dark inclusion right on the table of the 1.02?

HHurst85

Rough_Rock
Yes, that's what I was concerned about as well. The JA rep stated that it would be eye clean, but I am hesitant. She also agreed that the 1.01 F- VS2 733999 was the best of the three.

alamana

Shiny_Rock
HHurst85|1448737336|3955007 said:
Yes, that's what I was concerned about as well. The JA rep stated that it would be eye clean, but I am hesitant.

Hmmm. I'm no expert. Hope other folks weigh in on this.

The diamond is magnified there, of course, but it's a step cut and that's a dark spot right on the table...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries on the girdle. My own has a thick/very thick girdle.

It does mean it holds a little weight. But it's not an eye visible amount. And gives you security of knowing it's not likely to chip.

HHurst85

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your expertise Gypsy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HHurst85|1448765997|3955129 said:
Thanks for your expertise Gypsy!

:wavey: Welcome!

How are you setting it?

HHurst85

Rough_Rock
A double split shank pave setting that I found at a local jeweler. It was originally meant for a round, but the company will customize for an emerald. I'm hoping it turns out as perfect as I think it will.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please post pictures when you have it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results