shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback We need Feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, we have been doing these presentations for two or three weeks now.

What do you like?

What do you don''t like?

What do you want more of?

What do you want less of?

Tell me please, Tell John, Tell Gary, Tell Leonid, tell Paul, tell all!

We really want to know, WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Wink

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 7:14:50 PM
Author:Wink
Okay, we have been doing these presentations for two or three weeks now.

What do you like?

What do you don''t like?

What do you want more of?

What do you want less of?

Tell me please, Tell John, Tell Gary, Tell Leonid, tell Paul, tell all!

We really want to know, WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Wink
Honestly? Okay - you asked for it!! I think all of you are brilliant, but I prefer those of you who have some humor with your presentation. You are very good at this and so is John. I''ve only caught a couple minutes of Paul on his first attempt. Garry is very serious and a bit dry. Maybe it seems unprofessional to be humorous but it seems easier to me to absorb the info when your senses are alive and amused :)

I''m still having an itch for a "how to do custom rings" info session.... I thought the last one you did was nice but it didn''t really lay out as much of the step by step as I would like particularly about things like what should you ask the jeweler (ie do you insure stones, what is your guarantee, etc), but that could just be me. Maybe I have a sticking point on this and in due time all of it will clear like the skies after rain and the angels will sing and all will make sense to me LOL

I like the camera stuff on live jewels, but I think I prefer (gasp!) information on still photos and charts and diagrams etc. Maybe a combo of the two like info on a stone, then the live stone....

well there''s some chewy stuff, hopefully not causing a toothache!! lol

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Exellent. MORE MORE MORE! WE NEED GUIDANCE AND IDEAS! Keep that informational feed back coming.

I will not speak for the others, except for John who has told me that he is having fun with this too, probably as much if not more than me since he used to be a teacher and this is second nature to him.

I thought it would be harder, but it is SO MUCH FUN!

Tell us more so we can do it better.

Thank you Cehrabehra

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink, I'd love to focus on one gemstone each week.. You could teach us all the important things to know about a particular gemstone and show us as many examples as you can. You can tell us where the good ones come from and all the little things we need to know to be good consumers. And I hate to keep up at the office late, but we need them to be later in the evening...6pm eastern is when most of us are at work, leaving work, stopping at the store or to pick up food, or starting to feed the kids. I'd also suggest having one set time per week...such as...the Wink show is every Tuesday at 9 pm eastern. Then we'd know to plan for it. I have really enjoyed those that I have been able to catch, though! I am getting hooked on colored stones now!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly don''t care, it''s all so new and cool, I haven''t had time to start actually wanting something in particular. However, I''ll put my thinking cap on.

And cehra, Gary may be a little less jokesy, but that accent makes up for it.
3.gif
9.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I just love and appreciate that you guys are kind enough to give of your time to everyone here - I know it is very time consuming and takes planning on each of your part (John even came in on the weekend!!!). Unfortunately I am on the West Coast and cannot download the necessary programs to listen to the webinars during the day (firewall blocks downloads!!). I wish I lived on the East coast so I would have a chance to listen to more of them (for now weekend and evening Pacific time are the only ones I can catch). I hope that maybe one day the webinars can be recorded so that we can listen to them when we get home!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember you asked!! :}

like: its fun and a kewl way to spend an hour, winkTV is the best show on tv with Qtv and the rest close behind.

Don't like: dead air, presenter taking off to answer phones, search for stuff and what not.
While yea a person has to run a business but if its done too much it shows
disrespect for my time.
Short notice: gives us 24 hours notice min! 48 is better.
Not recorded :{

more of: need more of the vendors on there! Jim from JA and Jon and Tim from GOG
and Mark from ERD and Richard Sherwood.
more tech
Guest speakers
Longer sessions 1 hour is about right, 20min sometimes feels like why did I block
out an hour for that. If its going to be short if at all possible tell us ahead of time or
just say its a 30 min session in the listing so I can plan around it.

What do you want less of? Other than dead air and short sessions and no notice
cant think of anything.

One more comment: if there is more than one side to an issue explain both sides.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Where is the schedule posted? Is it just in the Presentations This Week topic? If so, I keep missing the presentations, because I''m not hanging out here alllll the time.

All I''ve seen are the last few minutes of a couple that happen to be running when I log on. I''d plan on making one if I could plan ahead. Evenings work best for me.

Thanks. I think these are a great idea. I''d love to come.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I caught the second half of John''s presentation once and I loved it! He was so much fun and kept things light but informative!

I sat and listened to one other (I don''t want to say whom) but it was very dry.

Wink, i''ve attempted to go to one of yours, but couldn''t hear....hopefully soon!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really enjoying seeing all the pretty stones! Also I feel its a great opportunity to interact with other PS members in real time.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like all the information, education, visual look at the diamonds and other stones, seeing the presenters, seeing the other posters write in, the discussion taking place, the fact we are able to have this on the board, the humour, I like it being dry when it is educational as too much humour would mean concentration would go. I like the fact we are getting more speakers, Jim Caudill from AGS on Wink's show, also seeing Paul Slegers from Belgium.

I don't like the chit chat going on when there is a 'dry' presentation and people are concentrating on what is being said, although I know everyone has a right to type what they want. I know humour is important but I feel it has a place, a lecturer in college will put some humour into a topic but most of the time it is educational facts and using our brains. I personally don't like that some of the schedules are at 2am but I know I am the minority being in the UK so have to live with that, so the recording would help here. That is not really a don't like just a comment as I realise it cannot be another way.

I would like more presenters, ie. goodoldgold etc. I would like to see a schedule on design work, ie. irina's designs or whomever else draws rings etc.

I don't want less of anything, apart from when the sound goes down, but that is not a Pricescope problem.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 6:00:03 AM
Author: Pyramid
I like all the information, education, visual look at the diamonds and other stones, seeing the presenters, seeing the other posters write in, the discussion taking place, the fact we are able to have this on the board, the humour, I like it being dry when it is educational as too much humour would mean concentration would go. I like the fact we are getting more speakers, Jim Caudill from AGS on Wink''s show, also seeing Paul Slegers from Belgium.

I don''t like the chit chat going on when there is a ''dry'' presentation and people are concentrating on what is being said, although I know everyone has a right to type what they want. I know humour is important but I feel it has a place, a lecturer in college will put some humour into a topic but most of the time it is educational facts and using our brains. I personally don''t like that some of the schedules are at 2am but I know I am the minority being in the UK so have to live with that, so the recording would help here. That is not really a don''t like just a comment as I realise it cannot be another way.

I would like more presenters, ie. goodoldgold etc. I would like to seeing a schedule on design work, ie. irina''s designs or whomever else draws rings etc.

I don''t want less of anything, apart from when the sound goes down, but that is not a Pricescope problem.
I''m in the UK too and I don''t stay up for the late ones! Would be great to be able to watch a recording.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It would be wonderful to include a weekly presentation from an Estate dealer--someone who could present "eras" in one segment; corresponding history, bench application and eye candy. Loose stones and made pieces would be "ideal". One of these segments could be geared toward "resale" vs. (pure appreciation) art history, & skill. Maybe someone from Christies or H. Winston/Cartier,
1.gif
would be interested!

Altho this might be a challenge, it might be really cool to have a segment or three on shadowing a benchman--the goings on in a jewellers life. Many people here are interested in construction, but very few actually get to see how the soldering, polishing, setting, etc is done.

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you do them in bathing suits?
6.gif

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to co-sign with the poster who requested later times for the east coast folks.
2.gif

lopazopy

Rough_Rock
I''d have to agree with the recording idea. It would be nice to have a video library. Kinda like on GOG. I haven''t been able to catch a webinar yet.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 12:02:11 PM
Author: lopazopy
I''d have to agree with the recording idea. It would be nice to have a video library. Kinda like on GOG. I haven''t been able to catch a webinar yet.
They''re working on this.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/1/2007 10:17:06 AM
Author: kenny
6.gif
How about us taking off a piece of clothing for every stone bought during a session?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
6.gif
Right. A 60 year old heavyset weight lifting kayaker in a bathing suit on Wink TV.

Hmmm, the zero ratings would hurt my feelings... Plus Leonid would surely pull my plug to put you out of my misery.

LOL! I think I will stick to my turtle neck and pendant. In the summer I wear silk shirts with lots of color. Maybe one day I will wear a t-shirt if I am off to the river right after the presentation...

NAH!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/31/2007 8:29:30 PM
Author: strmrdr
Remember you asked!! :}

like: its fun and a kewl way to spend an hour, winkTV is the best show on tv with Qtv and the rest close behind.

Thank you, I appreciate the comment, although I think John and Gary are both better at solid informational delivery than I am. Paul is brilliant, and if we all spoke Flemish or French, he would be the clear KING of CONTENT. Malorismal, we do not, so I get to wear the crown with John and Gary until a few more people come in to give us all a run for our money. (Malorismal is French for unfortunately or as used perhaps better translated as sadly.)

Don''t like: dead air, presenter taking off to answer phones, search for stuff and what not.
While yea a person has to run a business but if its done too much it shows
disrespect for my time.

Sorry about that, but that short minute of blank time set up an appointment for this morning that helped to pay the rent. While it would be nice to have the time to have everything prepared in advance, the truth is I am a very busy man, and sometimes it just does not happen.

Still, I understand and would not like it from your end either, and I do and will try to keep such things at a minimum. Your time is as valuable as mine, and I am honored that so many come to my "chats".

Short notice: gives us 24 hours notice min! 48 is better.
Not recorded :{

My monday talks are scheduled and prepared for much more than my "fireside chats". As such I often do not know myself what I will talk about until within an hour or two of the chat. For the Monday presentations I often spend two to five hours in preparation, usually on a Sat or Sunday. I do not have the time to do that for the chats, so they will be scheduled to happen, but I usually never know what the topic will be for sure, unless something jumps up and bites me like the comparrison of great stones with some beauties of lesser cutting and the occassional UGLY to show you that cutting really DOES matter, but sometimes not as much as we would like ito think it does.

more of: need more of the vendors on there! Jim from JA and Jon and Tim from GOG
and Mark from ERD and Richard Sherwood.

Coming. I know Jon is working on it and should be on eventually. I don''t kow about who is coming, just that my days of being able to hog the airtime is going to be over soon. Sigh, I kind of like being an "only child".

more tech
Guest speakers

Coming

Longer sessions 1 hour is about right, 20min sometimes feels like why did I block
out an hour for that. If its going to be short if at all possible tell us ahead of time or
just say its a 30 min session in the listing so I can plan around it.

My Monday presentation is designed to last from thirty minutes to an hour, my chats are intended to last 15 to 30 minutes but nearly always last longer, one at least has lasted more than an hour, and only one that I am aware of lasted less than 30 minutes, primarily because I had other things happening that had to be taken care of, such as finishing the appraisal on a beautiful and expensive ring prior to delivery. I quit just in time last night, my client walked up the stairs as the appraisal was printing.

What do you want less of? Other than dead air and short sessions and no notice
cant think of anything.

One more comment: if there is more than one side to an issue explain both sides.

If I am aware of it, I will. I was not aware of not presenting any issues fairly, but that is the beauty of having you all able to ask questions during the presentation. I will NOT be offended if you have a differing opinion and we can discuss it, that is a huge part of what the chats are for.
Good comments Storm, I appreciate your input. The dead air last night was embarrassing, but was kept to an absolute minimum, but I do apolgize to you all.

There was a comment made also in this thread that there tends to be too much chit chat.

Perhaps during my more formal presentations I would agree, but my "fireside chats" are intended to be informal and friendly. I do think that a little teasing and humor is good, and early in the presentation saying hello. I think it would be beneficial if you come in late not to say anything unless you have an actual question and when you need to go it would be preferable to me to have you just dissapear than to interupt what ever I am saying at the moment with a good bye and the following chorus of goodbyes.

I am honored that so many of my peers have joined us. It is refreshing to see John Quixote drop by when he can and contribute and others like Jonathon and Gary Holloway have been there too. I welcome their contributions and look forward to more interactions with them.

These informal chats are designed to be fun, and the Monday sessions will be more formal, but knowing me they will be fun for me whether anyone else is having fun or not, as I don''t do the dry serious stuff, even when I am being paid. (People actually pay me to talk, can you believe it?!)

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/1/2007 1:44:44 PM
Author: Paul-Antwerp

6.gif
How about us taking off a piece of clothing for every stone bought during a session?

OUI! DE ACCORD!

No this is something I could get behind, after two or three items, people would start buying if I would agree to put them back on, I could make a fortune, one piece off, two pieces on. Pretty soon I would be so well covered I would be warm in the Artic!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/31/2007 8:17:40 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Wink, I''d love to focus on one gemstone each week.. You could teach us all the important things to know about a particular gemstone and show us as many examples as you can. You can tell us where the good ones come from and all the little things we need to know to be good consumers. And I hate to keep up at the office late, but we need them to be later in the evening...6pm eastern is when most of us are at work, leaving work, stopping at the store or to pick up food, or starting to feed the kids. I''d also suggest having one set time per week...such as...the Wink show is every Tuesday at 9 pm eastern. Then we''d know to plan for it. I have really enjoyed those that I have been able to catch, though! I am getting hooked on colored stones now!!!

This is excellent and has gone on to my list of things to do. It is a much more hurculean task than you might think because of all of the treatments etc that go on in the world. I need to get Josh from Pala to guest present with me, or maybe Richard Hughs, who is a true expert in the colored stone world.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/31/2007 8:24:28 PM
Author: :)
I just love and appreciate that you guys are kind enough to give of your time to everyone here - I know it is very time consuming and takes planning on each of your part (John even came in on the weekend!!!). Unfortunately I am on the West Coast and cannot download the necessary programs to listen to the webinars during the day (firewall blocks downloads!!). I wish I lived on the East coast so I would have a chance to listen to more of them (for now weekend and evening Pacific time are the only ones I can catch). I hope that maybe one day the webinars can be recorded so that we can listen to them when we get home!

That is high on Leonid''s list, it will happen and be gratefully appreciated by all of us who watch and all of us who present. I would loved to have been at John''s session last night, but was offered box seats at midcourt at our local Basket Ball NBA farm team game. Never been sitting right behind the announcer and the radio feed guys before. The referee even spoke with us during one of the breaks.

Now I am really sad I missed it, but soon I will be able to catch up on any session I choose.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/31/2007 11:01:17 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Where is the schedule posted? Is it just in the Presentations This Week topic?

At this time, yes.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/1/2007 10:15:21 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

It would be wonderful to include a weekly presentation from an Estate dealer--someone who could present ''eras'' in one segment; corresponding history, bench application and eye candy. Loose stones and made pieces would be ''ideal''. One of these segments could be geared toward ''resale'' vs. (pure appreciation) art history, & skill. Maybe someone from Christies or H. Winston/Cartier,
1.gif
would be interested!

Altho this might be a challenge, it might be really cool to have a segment or three on shadowing a benchman--the goings on in a jewellers life. Many people here are interested in construction, but very few actually get to see how the soldering, polishing, setting, etc is done.

cheers--Sharon

I am actually working on this with one of my benches, will not be live action, but staticx shots, maybe he will come present with me...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2007 4:02:08 PM
Author: Wink

Date: 1/31/2007 8:17:40 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Wink, I''d love to focus on one gemstone each week.. You could teach us all the important things to know about a particular gemstone and show us as many examples as you can. You can tell us where the good ones come from and all the little things we need to know to be good consumers. And I hate to keep up at the office late, but we need them to be later in the evening...6pm eastern is when most of us are at work, leaving work, stopping at the store or to pick up food, or starting to feed the kids. I''d also suggest having one set time per week...such as...the Wink show is every Tuesday at 9 pm eastern. Then we''d know to plan for it. I have really enjoyed those that I have been able to catch, though! I am getting hooked on colored stones now!!!

This is excellent and has gone on to my list of things to do. It is a much more hurculean task than you might think because of all of the treatments etc that go on in the world. I need to get Josh from Pala to guest present with me, or maybe Richard Hughs, who is a true expert in the colored stone world.

Wink
Wow, that would be fabulous, Wink!!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2007 4:08:00 PM
Author: Wink

Date: 2/1/2007 10:15:21 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

It would be wonderful to include a weekly presentation from an Estate dealer--someone who could present ''eras'' in one segment; corresponding history, bench application and eye candy. Loose stones and made pieces would be ''ideal''. One of these segments could be geared toward ''resale'' vs. (pure appreciation) art history, & skill. Maybe someone from Christies or H. Winston/Cartier,
1.gif
would be interested!

cheers--Sharon

I am actually working on this with one of my benches, will not be live action, but staticx shots, maybe he will come present with me...
HI:

Or segments could be video taped and then subsequently aired with your voice over discussiing what is occuring.

cheers--Sharon

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/31/2007 11:01:17 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Where is the schedule posted? Is it just in the Presentations This Week topic? If so, I keep missing the presentations, because I''m not hanging out here alllll the time.

All I''ve seen are the last few minutes of a couple that happen to be running when I log on. I''d plan on making one if I could plan ahead. Evenings work best for me.

Thanks. I think these are a great idea. I''d love to come.
I just realized when I got a message in my in box from a thread I was following, that if you subscribe to the thread about This Weeks Presentations, that you will always receive an email from Pricescope whenever one of us posts about a presentation. Then you will not have to keep coming to look for when we are on.

Perhaps our overworked Sir Leonid can figure out a way to have a toggle to auto email anyone who signs up for the service to receive an email anytime a presentation is scheduled.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results