shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback request on 1ct asscher

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I've been lurking and drooling for a few days now (mainly on the bling thread). I would like to ask for thoughts on a GIA report for a diamond. I haven't seen the ring/diamond in person yet (it's being sent to me and I can return it without issue). From reading, I understand asschers have to really be seen to be evaluated, but I'm more concerned if the feather inclusion should be cause for concern (or anything else, really, I guess). I don't think so, but I'm not an expert by any stretch. GIA report attached. I also know the table is larger than usually recommended. I guess that part I will just need to wait and see how it plays out?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• GIAreportforweddingring.pdf
    338.2 KB · Views: 67

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't be concerned with VS1 inclusions.

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
slg47|1314847005|3007058 said:
I wouldn't be concerned with VS1 inclusions.
Thanks so much. I guess I'll stop worrying and just wait til it gets here to decide if it's a keeper. I can wait. I can. Ok, I can't. The hours are going too slow.

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I have it in hand. It has lots of sparkle and it's really pretty. I'm just not expert enough to know if it's a great example of an asscher. I'm hoping to get some feedback from those who are more experienced in this area... :)

Photos aren't the best (sorry). I can take more and from different angles (or lighting) if needed.

asscher-1.jpg

asscher-2.jpg

asscher-3.jpg

asscher-4.jpg

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Don't be afraid to tell me it's a dog. I'm kind of disappointed that I can't really see steps. Not sure if that's due to its smaller size or cut (table too large?). There isn't a lot of contrast (and the dark that the camera was able to catch doesn't really show in real life). I don't think I'm going to keep it at this point, but still a little on the fence. Would really appreciate some other opinions. Again, don't be shy about being negative.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
umm.... I don't care for it. That black ring would eternally bother me. I think you can do much better.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't care for the large dark area. Check Good Old Gold's website for examples of some nicer step patterns in asschers.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
I don't care for it personally, but what matters most is YOU aren't wowed by it and you should be.
I have seen much prettier asschers, you can definitely do better.

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
thbmok|1315352275|3011087 said:
IMO you can do a lot better: http://vimeo.com/20791856
Yeah, I've watched lots of GOG's videos...love them. I think I just find it hard to compare when cameras are involved. I would probably do a lot better to compare multiple stones against each other, so I could understand more of what is ideal vs not. I also wasn't sure if it was due to the smaller size of the diamond and maybe my expectations being too large by comparison. :(

(With regard to the dark, that doesn't really show like that in real life. It's more just all white, without much contrast at all.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah... it's a dog. Woof, woof. You can do much better.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here... this might help, here's my asscher. Ignore the dust... it's a VS1 and the inclusions are ridiculously hard to spot. But this will give you an idea of desirable contrast faceting.

Layla Steven Reset.jpg

Layla Steven Reset close up.jpg

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, Gypsy and everyone. It's going back!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with Gypsy. It's a dog, for sure. You can do better.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
can you get your local vendor to call in several for you to compare? or work with an online vendor that has pictures/videos?

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
I love asschers, but this one seems dead to me, sorry. :(sad

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1315355911|3011135 said:
Yeah... it's a dog. Woof, woof. You can do much better.

agreed... and also agreed that you don't love it and that's the most important thing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results