shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on this colored stone (to the best of your ability)

nehap1986

Rough_Rock
To all of the experts,

Can you please give me feedback on what you think of this stone? If you notice any windowing, color zoning, etc. issues? I know it's hard to tell with the pictures, but want to see if this stone is worth my time if any of you feel like you have knowledge.

Thank you!!

GJ2.jpg

GJ1.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Feedback on this colored stone (to the best of your abil

Not an expert but my thoughts are that it's really difficult to tell because the top photo is taken at an angle and the bottom photo appears to have a strong light shining on it. Sorry!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

Just based on the photo, I like the color. It seems to be a medium/medium-dark blue. Not too dark. It also seems to have good luster. Is it me or is the middle of the stone lighter than the outer edges (2nd pic)? It really depends on how much they're asking, and if the price is reasonable.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

The bottom picture has the light reflecting off the table so it's hard to guage certain things about it from that picture. I agree the color looks very good

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The color here looks pretty good, but the photos are not the best type to answer your questions. Can you ask the vendor for additional photos?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nehap1986|1311109830|2972487 said:
To all of the experts,

Can you please give me feedback on what you think of this stone? If you notice any windowing, color zoning, etc. issues? I know it's hard to tell with the pictures, but want to see if this stone is worth my time if any of you feel like you have knowledge.

Thank you!!

GJ2.jpg

GJ1.jpg

Zoning cannot always be seen from face up, although zoning is best when not seen face up. You would need a pavillion view (with the table face down) from both sides to see the zoning, and the photos are just not in focus enough to see any zoning, inclusions, etc. . .

What light is used to take that photo? Sapphires can shift in color, or lose saturation in some lighting, so it's important to know.

The color is a pleasant moderately strong color, and medium to medium dark in tone, from what I can see.

Is it heated? Does it come with a reputable lab report that states the full extent of treatment?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Based only on the top picture, the stone looks to be decently well saturated (quite pretty, actually) and of a medium to medium dark tone. However, the picture quality and stone angle tells me nothing about the cut (if it windows, how bad is the window tilt, symmetry, faceting) and colour zoning. Secondly, sapphires in general, will colour shift a little from indoors to outdoors, so I cannot tell how much it will darken up or how gray it might be under different lighting.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

It looks like a pretty sapphire cushion from the pics, but I agree with the other posters that the pictures are not very good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results