shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on stone for newbie into the Emerald Cut world, please

shellyisa

Rough_Rock
This is my first experience shopping for an emerald cut diamond. It will be set as a three stone style with trapezoids on either side. Looking for thoughts on visual performance?

Stone is 4.19ct, HI color VS clarity. Dimensions are 10.75mm x 7.56mm. Stone does not have cert, but I am ok with that due to price.

4.19ct Emerald Cut Videos

Attachments

• 34B252CD-1B42-4139-BAB5-480CD9C5D751.jpeg
    34B252CD-1B42-4139-BAB5-480CD9C5D751.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 23

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks pretty and lively - but how does it perform IRL to you? Does it sparkle and flash as you move it, or is it kinda meh?

This video from @Rhino (now at Distinctive Gems) shows the visual difference between meh to good to great diamonds.

shellyisa

Rough_Rock
It looks pretty and lively - but how does it perform IRL to you? Does it sparkle and flash as you move it, or is it kinda meh?

This video from @Rhino (now at Distinctive Gems) shows the visual difference between meh to good to great diamonds.

Thank you so much for this video! It does perform pretty well. But I think that video showed me that I’m not sure that I’ve ever seen an emerald cut IRL that’s cut as nicely as the one shown in the video. I’m going to play with this in different lighting today before deciding.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for this video! It does perform pretty well. But I think that video showed me that I’m not sure that I’ve ever seen an emerald cut IRL that’s cut as nicely as the one shown in the video. I’m going to play with this in different lighting today before deciding.

Yes, some of the ones in the video are exceptional. To be fair, it comes at a premium since it relies on vendors with a great eye (and Jon is a cut nut) spending time and their expertise to find such ECs.

Good luck with your stone!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had this same debate about an EC. They are tricky little buggers. I came to the conclusion that there would always be a better one out there, and that if it looked good to my eyes I was going to run with it, LOL.

SAME! :lol-2::P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results