shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on session please :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those of you who caught the session I did with wink and ocean - I''m wondering if you can give me some feedback on how it went. It was too difificult to read the responses and have a conversation at the same time so I missed a lot of what you guys said.

I''m wondering if there are any details that I''ve forgoten or things I should mention or ideas/concerns etc. that you''d like to share?

That was fun - I hope it wasn''t too unorganized or boring LOL I''d like feedback on that as well - what could make these public sessions like this move more smoothly.... I''m sure I''m not the only person who will do this.

One piece of feedback to wink that I think would have benefitted would be to talk before hand and knida have a gameplan Maybe number the pictures so that (since I can''t pull them up) all of the participants can say "let''s look at pic #5" etc. and have that part go easier. Anything else?

How was the sound? I had my husband set up the mic but it didn''t work in the end (ugh) so how did it go by phone?

I know there was some concern that milgrain and other detailing wouldn''t "go" with the head - maybe those of you who felt that way could explain further... ?

Thanks you guys :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi cehra,

I was able to catch the last half. it was very, very interesting to me and it was cool having both wink and ocean interacting and conversing with you. I''m defintinely excited to see your project in the works and obviously the completed ring..

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 10:34:24 PM
Author: mrssalvo
hi cehra,

I was able to catch the last half. it was very, very interesting to me and it was cool having both wink and ocean interacting and conversing with you. I''m defintinely excited to see your project in the works and obviously the completed ring..
did it make sense this time? I think you were one of the people who expressed confusion over the posts I made in that nervous thread?

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
I thoroughly enjoyed your session, Cera.

At first it seemed that Ocean was a bit concerned you were trying to push together elements that would not flow. But as it progressed, I could see Ocean''s face light up. She saw where you were headed and felt the flow would work.

The milgrain work they were talking about had to do with metals. I had to run and rotate laundry so I missed a part in there. Evidently you''re going with yellow gold??!! And the comments had to with milgrain really being more suitable in plat. More consistent with the period effect of the ring.

I''m not a spacial concept person. I kinda followed your architectural drawings and tried to fit the descriptions to what you were saying you wanted here and there in the ring. But honestly, after the session with Wink and Ocean, I can really see the concept for your ring in my mind.

Over all, I thought it went GREAT. I think you made tremendous headway. And now, comes Ocean''s part. Where she takes your ideas and puts them into motion. Or should I say, on paper. I''m excited to see the concept Ocean comes up with from the discussion today.

I think your idea to have pics laid out in advance to go back and forth between is a good idea.

I am just so thrilled you shared this portion of your ring design process with all of us. It was a real treat!! And you are a very special person!!
1.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Cehra, I missed it. I will try to make it today. I would be very interested in seeing how your design process goes and how you and the designer work together.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
West Coast now... so I missed it too. REALLY wanted to see it too.
7.gif

Sounds like it went pretty well though! Will you please post the drawing when she''s go them? Thanks, Layla

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the show went well too. You were very clear on the phone, no different than a microphone. I am looking forward to see what Ocean brings back to you. I thought it was good that you stood up and said that you wanted to keep the cup under the stone, it is after all your ring, so you have the final say. We made comments about the satin effect and the milgrain, I myself always thought satin was a modern effect and milgrain an antique look so they seemed at opposite ends, you did say though that you were bringing in the gothic part so that sort of makes it a more varied look anyway. I hope you get what YOU want and you will by tweaking the design until it is what you are visualizing. My view was that the shoulder of the ring is going to look higher now than the wax you have does, but I could not really visualize what Ocean meant exactly. Is the shoulder going to jut out a bit rather than run down the shank of the ring, I am not sure?

Looking forward to the next instalments.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I found this and thought of your ring. It is at judithconway.com link to cera ring I know it isn''t exactly, but thought it might give some more inspiration.

25a judith conway.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Cehra, darn it I missed it!

I''m swamped at work and only just stopped by for a quick minute to check out PS and darn it if I didn''t miss all the fun!!!

So Ocean is going to draw something up for you?
Wowie, can''t wait to see that!

I''m getting all excited again! Keep me posted!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 6:50:52 PM
Author: Mokey
I found this and thought of your ring. It is at judithconway.com link to cera ring I know it isn''t exactly, but thought it might give some more inspiration.

you know, funny that you post that! Because someone recently had a link to that site and there were actually about 5 rings I saw that I thougth yanno.... that could be helpful LOL I did choose one of them and added it to the presentation.... this one:
for those who weren''t there it might seem really out of context and not make sense...
22a.jpg

but these also attracted me:

24a.jpg

I like the square rings :) I don''t ness want it sqaure on top, but square undrneath - yaaaaah

30a.jpg

and I reall liked this pendant too :)
40a.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 1:02:02 AM
Author: Finding_Neverland
I thoroughly enjoyed your session, Cera.

At first it seemed that Ocean was a bit concerned you were trying to push together elements that would not flow. But as it progressed, I could see Ocean''s face light up. She saw where you were headed and felt the flow would work.
I have two thoughts on this... one is that even if the rings seems incongruent to others, as long as to me everything is meaningful that''s all that matters.... but in addition to that I have faith that the right designer will understand what you are going for and tweak things in just the right ways so that they DO all flow together. that doesn''t mean giving up milgrain or satin finish or a bowl under the stone or a bevel that meets at a point... it just means HOW these things are done, one or two rows of milgrain, what sort of satin finish - true matte or etch or... ? how all of these things work together can be held together.... does that make sense?

The milgrain work they were talking about had to do with metals. I had to run and rotate laundry so I missed a part in there. Evidently you''re going with yellow gold??!! And the comments had to with milgrain really being more suitable in plat. More consistent with the period effect of the ring.
No yellow gold - I want white gold! Not rhodium plated though... I want that creamy color :)

I''m not a spacial concept person. I kinda followed your architectural drawings and tried to fit the descriptions to what you were saying you wanted here and there in the ring. But honestly, after the session with Wink and Ocean, I can really see the concept for your ring in my mind.
I''m so relieved LOL I had everything so clear in my head but so jumbled in presentation and it was very helpful to purge it all out in that nervous thread but I admit I was concerned by the confusion I was met with.... but decided to just run with it and compile it the best I could and it seemed to work pretty well!

Over all, I thought it went GREAT. I think you made tremendous headway. And now, comes Ocean''s part. Where she takes your ideas and puts them into motion. Or should I say, on paper. I''m excited to see the concept Ocean comes up with from the discussion today.

I think your idea to have pics laid out in advance to go back and forth between is a good idea.

I am just so thrilled you shared this portion of your ring design process with all of us. It was a real treat!! And you are a very special person!!
1.gif
Thank you :) that''s very sweet - I wasn''t too obnoxious? LOL I''m excited too - I really hope she has fun with this :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 5:30:38 PM
Author: Gypsy
West Coast now... so I missed it too. REALLY wanted to see it too.
7.gif

Sounds like it went pretty well though! Will you please post the drawing when she''s go them? Thanks, Layla
I have a feeling wink wants to do the whole process as an educational experience for whatever its worth - since I''m a total newb idiot who has no idea how to handle the custom process and yet have all of these crazy ideas.... I''m sure it will get posted somewhere. There goes my element of surprise! hahaha I really was gonna hold back the ruby part until the ring was done lol But hey I''d never thought of cabs and I think that''s an excellent suggestion.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra:
Stop it! stop it! You''re making me crazy.....
26.gif

Those rings are drop dead GOREGOUS!!! I just can''t take it!!!

The square bottom (euroshank) ring is such a cool feature! I have it on my ring and I love it.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I enjoyed doing it, and purposely did not have a conference with you ahead of time because I wanted it to have the feel of an actual design conference, not a rehearshed recap of the work we already did. I liked doing it that way, and I think watching Ocean get what you wanted was one of the better parts of the presentation and totally not doable a second time.

I am glad you had a good time, and I am looking forward to contact from Ocean about what she has come up with.

Wink

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 5:54:01 PM
Author: Pyramid
I thought the show went well too. You were very clear on the phone, no different than a microphone. I am looking forward to see what Ocean brings back to you. I thought it was good that you stood up and said that you wanted to keep the cup under the stone, it is after all your ring, so you have the final say. We made comments about the satin effect and the milgrain, I myself always thought satin was a modern effect and milgrain an antique look so they seemed at opposite ends, you did say though that you were bringing in the gothic part so that sort of makes it a more varied look anyway. I hope you get what YOU want and you will by tweaking the design until it is what you are visualizing. My view was that the shoulder of the ring is going to look higher now than the wax you have does, but I could not really visualize what Ocean meant exactly. Is the shoulder going to jut out a bit rather than run down the shank of the ring, I am not sure?

Looking forward to the next instalments.
I knew the bowl/cup would be a dirt collector... my husband and I were talking way long ago before we got a stone about things and he was telling me about parabola shapes and we thought that would be good for under a "leaky" OMC stone and then suzy q and her wonderous mirrored bowls and most recently I realized deco had one as well! And when she said her stone was insane when the bowl/trough was clean I was like okay yes definitely on the right track. last summer I took tinfoil and put the stone in it and the colors/intensity was obviously stronger, so I''ll have to keep it clean, but don''t most of us do that sort of thing anyway? heck, the diamond itself shows dirt as quickly and easily as an emerald cut lol

as for the milgrain and satin - I loved the satin finish on the ''inspiration ring'' but I really didn''t like that the shiny areas for the melee just kinda started without a bonafide transition. can you tell I like transitions? I couldn''t stand how the diamonds just ended even if they were under my finger - bugged me LOL

I think the shoulders might end up the thing that we need to discuss the most, but I''m confident it will work out.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 6:59:57 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
Oh Cehra, darn it I missed it!

I''m swamped at work and only just stopped by for a quick minute to check out PS and darn it if I didn''t miss all the fun!!!

So Ocean is going to draw something up for you?
Wowie, can''t wait to see that!

I''m getting all excited again! Keep me posted!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I was JUST talking about you :) :) :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 7:12:58 PM
Author: Wink
I enjoyed doing it, and purposely did not have a conference with you ahead of time because I wanted it to have the feel of an actual design conference, not a rehearshed recap of the work we already did. I liked doing it that way, and I think watching Ocean get what you wanted was one of the better parts of the presentation and totally not doable a second time.

I am glad you had a good time, and I am looking forward to contact from Ocean about what she has come up with.

Wink
I would have liked to practice getting my mic set up but if everyone thought the phone was okay I kinda preferred that since I have headphones.

I gotta give you guys props though cause it is HARD to talk about a subject AND read the comments and you guys do it so well!! I kept feeling like they couldn''t hear me (you know, if I can''t hear them.... lol) so I felt like I should type responses LOL

I do think that if we do an update presentation, we should have numbered pictures though!! I hope ocean is feeling better soon :) Thanks wink!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Cehra....I enjoyed it so much! I''m just sorry it didn''t go longer.

I must confess that a lot of the stuff you''ve written regarding what you want made no sense to me...but it was crystal clear to me hearing your thoughts "out loud"!

Curious...what about the head/basket/prongs? Have you gone over this yet with Ocean/Wink? Will we be able to listen in again?

I really appreciate your willingness to "go public" with your consultation...I''m not sure I would have had the nerve. Hee hee I''d worry about sounding stupid or dorkish. YOU however sounded great.
1.gif

Since my poor computer can''t accomodate this system, I had to go into town and watch the show in our local internet cafe. It was well worth the trouble!
36.gif

Thanks!
widget

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 8:29:22 PM
Author: widget
Oh, Cehra....I enjoyed it so much! I''m just sorry it didn''t go longer.

I must confess that a lot of the stuff you''ve written regarding what you want made no sense to me...but it was crystal clear to me hearing your thoughts ''out loud''!

Curious...what about the head/basket/prongs? Have you gone over this yet with Ocean/Wink? Will we be able to listen in again?

I really appreciate your willingness to ''go public'' with your consultation...I''m not sure I would have had the nerve. Hee hee I''d worry about sounding stupid or dorkish. YOU however sounded great.
1.gif

Since my poor computer can''t accomodate this system, I had to go into town and watch the show in our local internet cafe. It was well worth the trouble!
36.gif

Thanks!
widget
OMG widget I feel so honored!! I thought only like 5 people were there because it was so quiet but wink said it was his highest turnout and like 50 people were there!!! oh my!!! lol If I''d known I would have been more nervous!!

We went over the head/prongs during the first part of it though not really the shape (like round vs angular) of the prongs nor the shape of the prong tips.... just where I want the prongs to hit and the shape of the V and the U - I think because I had the wax pics it wasn''t the difficult part - I think the shoulder part of the shank is going to be the most discussed - partly because I know mostly what I want but I''m open to how it gets done where as the prongs and head I''ve had very clear in my mind for a long time other than some basic tweaking.

I know I''m a better talker than typer but I''m so relieved it went as well as it did - everyone seems to get it now! yay!!! I''m sure we''ll do it again when she has sketches. And knowing wink he won''t let her show them to me until there''s an audience hahaha

The WORST part is that I hate hate hate to say "no I don''t like that" and to say it without a gentle smile and in front of dozens of people makes me feel worse. But I know I have to be okay with that or I''ll end up with something I don''t love and that isn''t ANYONE''s goal here!! <~reminding myself....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results