shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on Lab Oval

Robinbby

Rough_Rock
Hello Folks .. I'm looking for a lab oval.. She wants size I want sparkle clarity and brilliance. She wins. We've been almost a year on our journey. It started way back with 1.5 ct earth rounds and I started my aggressive diamond education caring about crown and pavilion angles, HCA scores, ASET images, bought an idealscope and on and on and on....Now we're at ovals. We were here before but now we're at lab created ovals, because we can get more bang for our buck. .

Can someone take a look at this 3.5 ct oval diamond and give me some impressions? I tell her its not an A and she says A- is good enough. I found one I prefer. Its the second link. If you want to compare them you may, but I think my choice is the far better diamond, just smaller. I'm really looking to find out if her choice is 'good enough', meaning does it have enough sparkle and some amount of brilliance to keep me quietly satisfied while filling her little finger up .. ;-)

Thank you in advance.. Rbby

3.5 F VS2 GCAL certified. Roughly $18,500
https://v360.in/DiamondView.aspx?d=DS28-116A&cid=diamond360

2.41 D VVS2 IGI certified Roughly $15, 600

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
It‘s very hard to tell because the videos are filmed differently. I agree that the video of the second diamond is better looking. I’m unsure about the stones IRL. But given the relatively small price difference for a whole carat size difference I’d want to see the 1st one as well. It does look pretty lively to me. Who is the seller? Do they have a good return policy?

Robinbby

Rough_Rock
It‘s very hard to tell because the videos are filmed differently. I agree that the video of the second diamond is better looking. I’m unsure about the stones IRL. But given the relatively small price difference for a whole carat size difference I’d want to see the 1st one as well. It does look pretty lively to me. Who is the seller? Do they have a good return policy?

Thank you for responding. The seller is D.Nea and I found them here. I can’t locate the return policy on their site, however I will confirm that with my contact. Here is the certification if that helps. I just don’t have enough familiarity with GCAL, and I understand that ultimately I have to see the diamond. Rbby

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Video 2 is nicer, but I think D and VVS2 is overkill. You could go down in stats. Is there a reason why you prefer those stats v hers?

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for responding. The seller is D.Nea and I found them here. I can’t locate the return policy on their site, however I will confirm that with my contact. Here is the certification if that helps. I just don’t have enough familiarity with GCAL, and I understand that ultimately I have to see the diamond. Rbby

I was just on their website and could not find anything about their return or upgrade policy but I did find a conversation comparing the two vendors on another jewelry site. You might be interested to read some of it. The D. Nea upgrade policy is discussed. https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/brilliant-earth-lab-diamond-opinions/

Robinbby

Rough_Rock
Video 2 is nicer, but I think D and VVS2 is overkill. You could go down in stats. Is there a reason why you prefer those stats v hers?

I more liked the cut quality. The color and clarity just happened to be there. Our setting has GIA G in it, so as long as I’m close to that I’m good.

Robinbby

Rough_Rock
I was just on their website and could not find anything about their return or upgrade policy but I did find a conversation comparing the two vendors on another jewelry site. You might be interested to read some of it. The D. Nea upgrade policy is discussed. https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/brilliant-earth-lab-diamond-opinions/

Thank you, That’s good info. So far so good with D.Nea. I sent the gentleman I’m speaking with a very detailed email last night about the 3.5. He responded earlier today with some very specific detailed answers. I’ve been online many times with most of the better known online earth diamond retailers and have gotten a good amount of so so responses. That’s not the case with D.Nea to this point. I’m my own experience, WF is a cut above the others. So far he’s given me detail and honesty that parallels my experiences with WF, and I can appreciate that. As I get more info on their return policy, I will post here for others.

Robinbby

Rough_Rock
I more liked the cut quality. The color and clarity just happened to be there. Our setting has GIA G in it, so as long as I’m close to that I’m good. Thank you for your input !!!

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, That’s good info. So far so good with D.Nea. I sent the gentleman I’m speaking with a very detailed email last night about the 3.5. He responded earlier today with some very specific detailed answers. I’ve been online many times with most of the better known online earth diamond retailers and have gotten a good amount of so so responses. That’s not the case with D.Nea to this point. I’m my own experience, WF is a cut above the others. So far he’s given me detail and honesty that parallels my experiences with WF, and I can appreciate that. As I get more info on their return policy, I will post here for others.
I have a small diamond from D.nea and they used to have a good upgrade policy posted and maybe also a lowest price guarantee. I think they have taken that off the website. Definitely interested in what you learn.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might take a look at my post on this thread. Shows you some well-cut ovals.

Robinbby

Rough_Rock
You might take a look at my post on this thread. Shows you some well-cut ovals.

Thank you.. You helped me a few months back when I was searching for and earth oval.

Robinbby

Rough_Rock
I wanted to close out this post, but I can’t yet.. I had gone back n forth a number of times oval/round. We had two settings picked out. We found out the oval setting would’ve taken a custom wedding band that took it way out of our budget. So, at the last minute we went back to rounds. I had a round MMD selected already, and I ended up buying it from YADAV. Regarding D.Nea, the person there ( Jeff ) that I was dealing with was nothing short of awesome. He told me their returns are were dependent on their suppliers which ended up to be around 14 days mol. That’s not as liberal as some others, but his level of service and knowledge was top notch and I would recommend him to anyone. In the end, I had to go with the round I had chosen. Interestingly enough my round was quoted to me by another seller for substantially more than YADAV had it. Almost 30% more. I won’t say who that seller is because I prefer not to say anything negative here. Dealers have different costs etc, just make sure you do your research.. I will say it was NOT D.Nea. The prices Jeff gave me on ovals were very good.
Props to Sheila from YADAV. She’s an extremely knowledgeable GIA graduate, who assisted me top to bottom. She’s been in the business for almost 30 years, knows her stones, and on top of that, she loves what she does. I let out a sigh of relief when I finally closed out my purchase. It’s been almost a year since I told my fiancé to be to pick out a setting and I would do the research and find the diamond. At this point I’m very interested in a career in gemology. I’m not joking. I’m a little long in the tooth for a new career though. I bought a 2.68ct F VVS2 round. I’m a numbers guy and the numbers are there; angles, depth, table etc. HCA score is 1.1, but of course, I know I have to see it. Once I have it in my hands this week. I’ll put up some pics in order to offically close this thread, but I want to give a shout out to both retailers and let folks on this forum know a couple of the good guys/girls.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
What a journey you two have been on! Please come back and post the finished ring when the time comes!

xoxominks

Rough_Rock
I wanted to close out this post, but I can’t yet.. I had gone back n forth a number of times oval/round. We had two settings picked out. We found out the oval setting would’ve taken a custom wedding band that took it way out of our budget. So, at the last minute we went back to rounds. I had a round MMD selected already, and I ended up buying it from YADAV. Regarding D.Nea, the person there ( Jeff ) that I was dealing with was nothing short of awesome. He told me their returns are were dependent on their suppliers which ended up to be around 14 days mol. That’s not as liberal as some others, but his level of service and knowledge was top notch and I would recommend him to anyone. In the end, I had to go with the round I had chosen. Interestingly enough my round was quoted to me by another seller for substantially more than YADAV had it. Almost 30% more. I won’t say who that seller is because I prefer not to say anything negative here. Dealers have different costs etc, just make sure you do your research.. I will say it was NOT D.Nea. The prices Jeff gave me on ovals were very good.
Props to Sheila from YADAV. She’s an extremely knowledgeable GIA graduate, who assisted me top to bottom. She’s been in the business for almost 30 years, knows her stones, and on top of that, she loves what she does. I let out a sigh of relief when I finally closed out my purchase. It’s been almost a year since I told my fiancé to be to pick out a setting and I would do the research and find the diamond. At this point I’m very interested in a career in gemology. I’m not joking. I’m a little long in the tooth for a new career though. I bought a 2.68ct F VVS2 round. I’m a numbers guy and the numbers are there; angles, depth, table etc. HCA score is 1.1, but of course, I know I have to see it. Once I have it in my hands this week. I’ll put up some pics in order to offically close this thread, but I want to give a shout out to both retailers and let folks on this forum know a couple of the good guys/girls.

How did the ring end up looking?? :)

Robinbby

Rough_Rock
[/QUOTE

I just ‘literally‘ got the ring last night. First the diamond is gorgeous. It looks very good through the idealscope. No white areas at all and arrows are clearly defined. I’m not sure if I mentioned it is a hearts and arrows diamond as well. Because IGI doesn’t always stack up against GIA in some areas I took the diamond to match color up against the setting before we had it set. The diamond is F setting diamonds are G. I compared the color in several different light settings. Simply said it’s a match. She loved this Tacori setting. I have to say when we saw the finished ring it literally blew us away. Pictures don’t do it

3C1D2884-1876-4F19-9717-43728335713C.jpeg
776F4C27-2525-4274-8F05-8434F1F51242.jpeg

Robinbby

Rough_Rock

Pictures don’t do it ‘justice’

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results