shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on diamond, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ajhun9

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their helpful insight on this board. The information here is extremely helpful to a novice like myself. I''ve been researching a diamond for my girlfriend for a while now and have come across the following stone. I would appreciate any comments regarding the value I''m receiving. One thing of note, my girlfriend''s family is in the jewelry business, so she cares a lot about quality versus size. She can generally grade color/clarity ratings within one tier at retail stores, often to the chagrin of the salespeople. That being said, this diamond quote is from her dad, but I do not feel obligated to buy from him.

Here goes:

GIA
Shape: Brilliant
Measurements: 6.71-6.80x4.07mm
Weight: 1.16 carat
Depth: 60.3%
Table: 60%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity: VVS2
Color: G
Flourescence: None
Price: $7,100

Thanks!

magna2

Shiny_Rock
First, quality does not and should not equate to color and clarity; rather quality should be about the cut. So... what is the cut quality of this diamond other than it not being an ideal cut. What are the crown and pavillion angles??

You are getting a fair price for the diamond but I see that the future in-law is not giving you a break so he must not like you that much.
2.gif
And you must also not like him that much either to feel that you are not obligated to buy from him.
naughty.gif
It definitely makes for an interesting relationship.

Was there a reason that he steered you towards this diamond or was it something that you saw in it to make you consider it??? There really isn't sufficient information to say this is a great one or whether this is dog. Since your girlfriend is such a expert on diamonds, why don't you save yourself the aggravation and angst that goes along with such a purchase and just let her know what your budget limitations are and have her pick out the best diamond that she likes that falls within your stated budget. I betcha she'll buy from good old dad at a substantial discount.

rodent.gif

ajhun9

Rough_Rock
I don't have the angles right now, but have requested them. Her dad gets the diamonds from a wholesale network of which he is a member if he does not have something suitable in stock. He's not making any money off of me, but said prices would be better if we waited until after the holiday season. As to why I don't feel obligated to buy from him, it is at his urging. He is a very low-pressure salesman with all of his customers, including me. But thanks for judging my relationship with him anyway.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
All said in jest.
2.gif
Be sure to post the angles so that we can get a better feel as to the performance of the stone. But I still think having your girlfriend pick out the diamond is a viable alternative to be seriously considered.

rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results