shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback before I buy please

vnwind

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I am new here and I want to buy this https://www.b2cjewels.com/dd/123366...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com for my wife for 10 year anniversary:boohoo:. Do you think it is a decent diamond in this price range?

For asian ppl, it seems like we only care about size and clarity but I know the cut is the most important for it to bling. I am trying the go with the bigger size that can afford and still want it to sparkle. What do you think?

Thank you for your inputs and help!:love::love::love::love::love:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully, someone else will weigh in on the details of the cut because while I agree it's most important, I don't know that much about sorting it out. Otherwise, it looks very nice to me. But personally, I would go for a little lower on the color and clarity in exchange for a larger stone because I think the size would be much more noticeable than small differences in color and clarity. Purely personal preference there, though. :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The specs are pretty good, though 59 table is a little big. Do you have any images of the stone itself?
I wouldn't want to buy blind, especially without advanced images. I think going down to G color will help as well.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I comment about the stones I think it's important to understand you and your wife's viewpoint and tolerance for color and clarity.

You mentioned you were Asian. I've helped several buyers and Asian culture tends to push very hard on high color and high clarity. Obviously not every person fits a generic mold but you started at F VS2 and some of the stones now are H SI1.

Have both of you seen a well cut H in person? Is it white enough? On clarity, finding an eye clean SI1 is possible but if you have mind clean issues then a higher clarity may be needed.

I am a big proponent that cut is THE most important C. However, I also want to make sure we meet all your color, clarity, size and budget needs.

WF is an awesome vendor with gorgeous stones. And a very large selection, so if we need to adjust let us know.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vnwind

Rough_Rock
:wall::wall::wall::wall: sorry for not responding sooner because works got me away from finding the stone. Thank you to tyty333, sledge for your response
To be honest, I really don't care about what color and clarity as long it sparkles. and my wife really does not know much about diamond beside she wants the color F and clarity has to be VS just like most Asian in her group wants, in her mind as long her diamond has those then she knows she has great quality Diamond and something to talk to her friends what size/color/clarity it is in their conversation. Yes, that is how Asian woman in my circle does, even my mother does that. It has to be GIA for sure, no need to be AGS.

I am learning from several threads that look for super ideal cut something like "
Total Depth between 59 – 61.8% (only effects the diameter of the stone)
Table Diameter between 53 – 57% (least critical factor)
Crown Angle between 34.3 – 34.8 degrees
Pavilion Angle between 40.6 – 40.9 degrees
Girdle: prefer 0.7% thin up to 1.8% medium, faceted
Culet: GIA none
Polish: GIA Excellent
Symmetry: GIA Excellent "

So if I can find a diamond like this and not ACA, does this mean I got a good diamond? I would love to buy from WF but they are out of my budget because it cost at least 23K, I was hoping to find something around 20K for 1.8 to 2.0 carat.

Thank you for all the help :love::love:

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
You should contact ID Jewelry and ask for a “PS quality” diamond. My experience with them was great and they are known to find great diamonds on a tight budget.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom is now partying it up all over Asia in her late 60s. She rocks her super ideals. One is an H vs2 with medium fluor. Another is an I SI-1. The cuts are premium so no one notices anything but blinding bling. She just doesnt say anything about the color and just smiles and says, my daughter helped me.

Her stones are from BGD. WF will have the same kind of wow factor. (The BG of BGD was once a part of WF before spinning off independently).

vnwind

Rough_Rock
You should contact ID Jewelry and ask for a “PS quality” diamond. My experience with them was great and they are known to find great diamonds on a tight budget.

What is ID Jewelry?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am considering this one
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4109159.htm
vs
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD11733816

which one would give more bling? I know the white flash are not in color and clarity i am looking for but maybe I can convince my wife to ingore it and not to tell her friends what color and clarity is if it looks much better
Whiteflash ACA will be better cut than 99% of GIA XXX stones. Plus, you have a guaranteed outstanding cut (and can see it on the advanced images), whereas with the blue nile you don't have a guarantee that the stone will perform as well.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Very nice stone!. G VS2 is an Ex combo ..:clap:
This IS a very beautiful diamond... but I’m wondering based on the description of the social circle if he really needs to keep it in colorless. He said she specifically requested F color and if her friends sit around taking about their diamonds and if theirs are all in the colorless range and hers is not??? Also, he said AGS is not necessary, and I interpreted it to be to the point that they only know GIA and it has to be that because that’s what all the ladies have (and want).

vnwind

Rough_Rock
This IS a very beautiful diamond... but I’m wondering based on the description of the social circle if he really needs to keep it in colorless. He said she specifically requested F color and if her friends sit around taking about their diamonds and if theirs are all in the colorless range and hers is not??? Also, he said AGS is not necessary, and I interpreted it to be to the point that they only know GIA and it has to be that because that’s what all the ladies have (and want).

Yes that was where i started but after reading and reading, it convinces me to go with ACA, so my job is to educate my wife or just not to tell my wife what it is. If the diamond really shines among other, i think i can get away from has to be the color F. Now visually, can you really tell the difference between ACA and excellen cut GIA ? I try to search for video that can show the difference but nothing so far. What do you think ?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
The one at blue Nile has strong blue fluorescence and I would personally just stay away from that with a colorless stone. For that alone I don’t think we need to discuss that stone further.
I think the ACA will be beautiful and she may be so in love with it that she won’t care it’s a G, With that said, I think AGS has been “loose” with their color grading (sentiments shared among others, not just me) and I, myself, had to reject an amazing AGS0 that was graded G but looked like an I. So you may need to speak to WF and discuss it with them and maybe they can send you some side view images. That’s where you would see hint of color, which is something else I was going to mention... are her and her friends going to be passing their rings around?
We don’t know how ideal cut her friends rings are... if they just went on color and clarity with total disregard for the specs and the specs are not favorable, the ACA will be far prettier.
Perhaps you share with your wife about the ACA and let her decide. She may decide that she doesn’t care as much for the color because she will have an extremely precision cut diamond with the strictest of performance-based specs and maximized optical visual.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the ACA. The stone will be so well cut and sparkly, and there is almost no way that anyone is going to think a G is "tinted". Unless someone looks at a G versus D-F upside-down on white paper they won't be able to tell , especially once set.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this one with GIA XXX and it has all the ideal cut parameters https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-de...ickid=wB1yAyUBWxyJR8n0RHQK3XRkUklyctxu8wxdyg0

Would it perform ok comparing to
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4109159.htm ?

It has bigger ct, higher color and clarity VS ACA
Thank you

If you are looking for the best sparkle/brilliance you should stick with a Super Ideal. They are H&A (hearts and arrows) stones which shows the
precision of the cut. There is lots of good educational info on the WF site if you have time to read/learn.
https://www.whiteflash.com/a-cut-above-diamonds/

The other nice (ok, great) thing about WF is that if your wife ever decides she wants to go bigger or whiter (or whatever), you get 100% value of
the stone you bought to apply towards another stone that only has to cost $1 more. So its sort of an insurance policy for the future. Lots of PSers
have upgarded through WF. May not ever need it but its fantastic if you ever decide you want to upgrade.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would actually pick the 1.81, the table is small and I like the inclusion plot better on it. Also you will not see the size difference so you are paying for the color upgrade on the F vs the G.

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
Definitely agree, the 1.81.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vnwind

Rough_Rock
so the clarity is more important than the color?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: AV_

vnwind

Rough_Rock
:wall::wall::wall: I hate buying diamonds when you are on a tight budget

I guess my hunt will continue. Because of the budget 24K I will wait maybe i got lucky with a 1.8 ACA, F, VS1 some how. I realize there is a big chunk of inclusions on the VS2 together, maybe hope for VS2 that inclusions spread around a little bit. If anyone see anything close to this please help me. Thank you

Last edited:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wall::wall::wall: I hate buying diamonds when you are on a tight budget

I guess my hunt will continue. Because of the budget 24K I will wait maybe i got lucky with a 1.8 ACA, F, VS1 some how. I realize there is a big chunk of inclusions on the VS2 together, maybe hope for VS2 that inclusions spread around a little bit. If anyone see anything close to this please help me. Thank you
I would ask WF to send you pics of the VS2 stone. VS2 will be eye clean in almost all cases, and I personally wouldn't go with VS1 bc to me the dctra cost isn't worth it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results