Feedback before I buy please

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has a larger table than what is recommended but it’s still a lovely stone
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4059365.htm

If you didn’t mind going down in a little in size this is another great one
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4065506.htm
On an ACA, you don't need to worry about table size, etc. It's a super ideal and all the vetting is done for you.

Edit. We recommend 54-57 table, so it's not accurate that the stone has a larger table than recommended.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Has a larger table than what is recommended but it’s still a lovely stone
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4059365.htm

If you didn’t mind going down in a little in size this is another great one
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4065506.htm
Table larger than recommended???... at at 56.7%? I have read over and over again here that preferred table is 54-57 (some have said up to 58). I'm confused!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Table larger than recommended???... at at 56.7%? I have read over and over again here that preferred table is 54-57 (some have said up to 58). I'm confused!
Nope you're right!! 54-57, up to 58

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I thought it was up to 56, excuse me

vnwind

Rough_Rock

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you but going below 1.8 is not an option. The other one is little bit more than my budget :(

Ah, thought you might be wiring the funds. The wire price is under 24k, unless you also live in TX then you pay tax ?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also I wanted to ask why 1.8 is the magic number? Dimensions of the stones are what are really important not the carat weight.

vnwind

Rough_Rock
my wife just like the number 8 for some reason. it is Asian thing. lol

vnwind

Rough_Rock
Saw this one, is the table and depth out of range for ideal cut? If it is why AGS rate it ideal 0? upload_2019-6-7_18-13-27.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it true that only color D-F is best for platinum ? I read some where G is best for gold and not platinum. We plan to have a platinum ring. Thank y
IMO, just matter of taste. My H color is mounted on white metal. G VS2 is an ex combo and would look nice on any colored metal.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Even I color is mountable in platinum. J is where it becomes a consideration of going yellow as it will give the illusion the diamond is more colorless than it is. However, if you like a white metal than you should have a white metal, irregardless of the color of the stone. Some people just look better in yellow gold vs platinum, and go with that over what may or may not be the best pairing for their diamond (as per ???!!!). It has often been said not to put colorless in yellow gold, yet there were decades when all anyone was doing was yellow gold, and a lot of colorless diamonds were mounted in yellow gold!!!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Saw this one, is the table and depth out of range for ideal cut? If it is why AGS rate it ideal 0? upload_2019-6-7_18-13-27.png
Great question... would like to get feedback on this one.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because the ranges we recommend are for non-branded super ideal stones that are GIA. Not ones that are AGS certified and who have the scans like the one attached (which looks outstanding). The ranges are more of a way to screen out crappy stones that pass through the GIA XXX category.

Dammit. Spoke too soon bc I didn't look at depth. I still stand by the idea that the ranges aren't a hard and fast rule, but the scan looks amazing given that the depth is below 60.

TUTU

Rough_Rock
VNwind,

It is interesting to follow your diamond shopping for your wife. I could briefly guess you would go through a very tough search based on your ID:lol:

As an Asian lady group (which I belong) is talking about a new diamond, they will immediately go in very detail about its spec like, what is your diamond color, clarity and carat and is it GIA cert. They ask neither about cut nor AGS. Even many American diamond wearers don't know about AGS, not mentioned many B&M diamond shop owners.

You might have to "well educate" your wife if you want to buy her a diamond that PSers recommend. The number 8 is not carat weight, Asians want it as the diameter sum which I can't even imagine any more unreasonable background for. As the result of this number 8 which they think it is a lucky number, they end up buying very deep cut 1 carat above diamonds.

I bought an ACA diamond with WF and highly recommend them (hopefully my ring will arrive on time in a few days). I will ignore all comments or questions in my lady group as in fact, they know very little about diamond's beauty. There is no fundamental for those criteria.

Pricescope and some other diamond education websites are really helpful sources to start with. Many professional here with give you best advice on which diamonds you should buy.

Good luck with your shopping

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm Chinese. My wife's stone is a 3.34ct which is not a good #. maybe I should trash it?. :whistle:. I'm looking for a 2.88ct for myself...:lol:

vnwind

Rough_Rock
I'm Chinese. My wife's stone is a 3.34ct which is not a good #. maybe I should trash it?. :whistle:. I'm looking for a 2.88ct for myself...:lol:
no need to trash it, just send it my way ;-)
Because the ranges we recommend are for non-branded super ideal stones that are GIA. Not ones that are AGS certified and who have the scans like the one attached (which looks outstanding). The ranges are more of a way to screen out crappy stones that pass through the GIA XXX category.

Dammit. Spoke too soon bc I didn't look at depth. I still stand by the idea that the ranges aren't a hard and fast rule, but the scan looks amazing given that the depth is below 60.

What do you guys think between these two then?
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-vs1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-6649200
vs
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4059365.htm?source=pricescope

WF ACA still a better cut?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA lost my confidence when they started hiding certs from customers. So I can't say how well cut the true hearts stone is. But I would choose WF over JA every time for customer service , upgrade policies, and the quality of their settings.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vnwind

Rough_Rock
buying lottery tonight and wish me luck lol

EncikG

Shiny_Rock
DAA2CDF8-C7AB-4075-93B5-6ADAD8BEF15D.jpeg
my wife just like the number 8 for some reason. it is Asian thing. lol

You got some good choices and I’m sure u are in good hands/company for advice

Can’t help but notice the Asian thing. Wonder if that’s why the Octagon is selling well with JannPaul. For the superstitious, it’s also symbolic of the ‘ba gua’:lol:

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
I cant give you too many opinions on which diamond to choose, but if its one of the magnificent looking ones you are looking at but a G vs. an F, seriously her friends will not know unless she tells them. I guess that is my point, that it will look amazing and there's no need for her to disclose her diamond stats to be judged. she can always say, I don't know my husband bought it for me and just sit and look pretty with it.

vnwind

Rough_Rock
Thank you for everyone replies. Love it. So today, I walked into a local jewelry store to check out their diamond selection. Got to say they are all sparkle like crazy under those spotlights. Anyway, I let them educate me about 4C and then I ask them H&A cut, the sale person told me H&A is a cut to make the diamond has 8 arrows when you looking from above the diamond and 8 hearts when you look from the bottom. However, these diamonds are more expensive because of marketing, and it does not mean a beautiful cut.

What do you think? I guess she was right somewhat the H&A has to go along with an ideal cut to make it beautiful. However, I kind of disagree with her that is is because of marketing. I would agree if she said it is more expensive because it took greater time to produce them.

Anyway, I just smiled, say thank you for helping and walked out. Got to say their price was very competitive with the size I am looking for but mostly GIA certificates and she also told me GIA is more recognized in the world that AGS.

This just left me wondering I don't know how these stores can survive for long because more people use the internet these days to educate about the diamond and it does not take long to understand diamond 4C's from a forum like pricescope

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyway, I just smiled, say thank you for helping and walked out. Got to say their price was very competitive with the size I am looking for but mostly GIA certificates and she also told me GIA is more recognized in the world that AGS.
That part is true. Everything else she said is BS!..:bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results