shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback/advice for 6-prong setting

IsabellaB

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I'm having a 6-prong setting custom made. My goal is to have it look just like the 6-prong, knife edge, Tiffany solitaire. I received this CAD drawing from the jeweler. Is there anything you would change? (It will be all white gold not two tone) Thank you in advance for any help/feedback. setting.png

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great to me, but I’m not an expert by far. I pulled images off the Tiffany website, but your stone is a lot bigger than the one in the photos. So the angles of the prongs are different.

IMG_5760.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5759.jpeg
    IMG_5759.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 7

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tagging Rfisher for help evaluating the CAD

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank you for thinking of me, @Kim N

I’m no good with spotting possible differences on CAD unless I have OP’s specific inspo pictures to compare to.

I think(?) Tiffany changes their designs over the years, and the difference between center stone size design nuance is real.

OP if I were you
I’d search up known Tiffany inspired whether it be from this same vendor, Vatche’s version or elsewhere, and compare those nuances to what you envision in your mind for your own ring. Real pictures - not computer renderings.
And that in itself might really help you.
If you search throughout PS - you’ll possibly even find threads with CADs along with the finished product.

Last edited:

IsabellaB

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you for thinking of me, @Kim N

I’m no good with spotting possible differences on CAD unless I have OP’s specific inspo pictures to compare to.

I think(?) Tiffany changes their designs over the years, and the difference between center stone size design nuance is real.

OP if I were you
I’d search up known Tiffany inspired whether it be from this same vendor, Vatche’s version or elsewhere, and compare those nuances to what you envision in your mind for your own ring. Real pictures - not computer renderings.
And that in itself might really help you.
If you search throughout PS - you’ll possibly even find threads with CADs along with the finished product.

Thank you! Appreciate your advice.

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@
Thank you! Appreciate your advice.

how is the setting coming along? I’m also interested in similar. What size is your stone? Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results