shape
carat
color
clarity

February 2019 Colored Stone Purchases

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness @lilmosun they are so lovely!!!! Are they new?? The ring is like a dream come true. Congrats!

voce

Ideal_Rock
IMG_20190216_140249.jpg
2.77 CT (8mm) unheated purple sapphire (AGL) from Vance Gems set by David Klass.
DSC_0136.JPG
Mint garnet cab with pink Vietnamese spinels and green tsav melee pendant from Yvonne on it's way.
Gorgeous! How exciting these are on the way! These are such luscious springtime fruity colors, utterly unique and beautiful. I love how the green peeks out from between the petals of your flower ring most especially--they look like new shoots or little sprigs of tea leaves or something. :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190216_140249.jpg
2.77 CT (8mm) unheated purple sapphire (AGL) from Vance Gems set by David Klass.
DSC_0136.JPG
Mint garnet cab with pink Vietnamese spinels and green tsav melee pendant from Yvonne on it's way.

Ugh, your new pendant is perfection! That pink and green combo always gets me. :kiss2:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Neon pink spinel halo! DOOO IT! :D
I just love pink and peach together.

Voce has the right idea! <3

It sounds like such an odd pairing at first but upon imagining it, it'd look like heaven! Such a bright and "girly" pinky-peach heaven!
& oooh the names you could name her!
Shes such a peach (;

*Bad pun intended*

She may even need her own thread when it comes time to set!!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190216_140249.jpg
DSC_0136.JPG
@lilmosun The designs of your new pieces are amazing! They are very special and so beautiful :love:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I've been bad this past week. I saw desertrose list this paraiba pear, and I just went for it without regard to cost. Will probably have to ask DF for help in paying it off.
IMG_0374.JPG
Other acquisitions, because I've seen beautiful red garnets recently on PS @Deathspi @2Neezers I bought a red Umbalite, and because I saw a beautiful blue zircon @Hivona I bought a smaller one of my own. Not quite as beautiful as the gems that spurred me to make these purchases, but they were more budget friendly gemstones from Litnon. Please excuse my chapped hands.
IMG_0363.JPG IMG_0366.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 29

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been bad this past week. I saw desertrose list this paraiba pear, and I just went for it without regard to cost. Will probably have to ask DF for help in paying it off.
IMG_0374.JPG
Other acquisitions, because I've seen beautiful red garnets recently on PS @Deathspi @2Neezers I bought a red Umbalite, and because I saw a beautiful blue zircon @Hivona I bought a smaller one of my own. Not quite as beautiful as the gems that spurred me to make these purchases, but they were more budget friendly gemstones from Litnon. Please excuse my chapped hands.

That paraiba is gorgeous!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0374.JPG
I love your new Paraiba :love: and your garnet and zircon are beautiful too!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0374.JPG

What a nice haul, voce! That is a very pretty pear-shaped paraiba, I only passed on it because I don't wear that shape in rings :) It will be fun to see how you set it!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0374.JPG

Great choices! That paraiba especially!! Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

voce

Ideal_Rock
What a nice haul, voce! That is a very pretty pear-shaped paraiba, I only passed on it because I don't wear that shape in rings :) It will be fun to see how you set it!

This is my third paraiba (haha I told myself last year I only needed one), and my second in a pear shape. #1 was an oval just the right size for an oval camellia ring. #2 is a carat-plus neon green (told myself it was ok because it's a different color) pear that I would like to set in a double halo, the first of which is graduated. This one, I think, would be a nice fit for the Elizabeth pendant, but I'd have to find a local jeweler I trust enough with setting this, as well as decide on the perfect sidestones (who knows, maybe another crazy CS halo around) before I move forward with setting my third.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's awesome that you have three paraibas, rock on! I have a couple of little cabs in some dangle earrings and a marquis in a kite setting that I wear as a station bracelet, but the cab from @Desertrose is the biggest and nicest one.
I look forward to seeing the settings of #2 and #3, I love CS melee and you use it very effectively in your pieces.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have one last February gem purchase :) I bought 11 2 mm purple sapphires for an eternity band and 2 slightly larger ones (2.2 mm) to recreate that 3 stone stacker ring with the remaining emerald cab. A very sweet PSer had fallen in love with my emerald-hauynite stacker and asked to buy it, so I sold it to her :)

il_570xN.1741314952_qx28.jpg

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it, scouty_gems :) That extended asscher cut is very pretty with that dark grey spinel :)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to thread jack, but does anyone have suggestions for a place to get a 8 x 6 oval set? I'd prefer 14K gold but will do silver if the price is too dear. The other idea is to wait until James Allen is having a sale. I don't know if they charge for setting outside stones or not.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I don't want to thread jack, but does anyone have suggestions for a place to get a 8 x 6 oval set? I'd prefer 14K gold but will do silver if the price is too dear. The other idea is to wait until James Allen is having a sale. I don't know if they charge for setting outside stones or not.
Let me know if they will set outside stones or not. My general thought is that they will refuse to, like other big brand online retailers. Your best bet is with a local jeweler, and if you want to keep costs down, have them order a Stuller setting instead of doing custom work.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is a reasonable price to set a stone? I had a local jeweler size down 14K shank from a 7 to a 6, and they charged $150. I'm afraid all of this will cost too much.

voce

Ideal_Rock
$50-$100 for the labor, plus what it costs the jeweler to get the setting itself. You're looking at ~$400-$500 for 14K gold, ~$100-$200 for silver all inclusive as a reasonable price for a basic setting. The fancy custom stuff can get much more expensive :confused2:...

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock

Hello! Shelly here from James Allen. We can set outside stones with many of our rings and we charge a setting fee of $100. Hope that helps!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190216_140249.jpg
DSC_0136.JPG

I just love botanical designs! Well done!

Your color combinations are the tops!

:love:

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190216_140249.jpg
DSC_0136.JPG

@lilmosun, these are both just so beautiful!! Need more pics!!! Dibs on the pendant if you ever decide to sell - so unique and love the colors❤️❤️❤️

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just got this in the mail on the last day of February so it still gets to go in this thread! Beautiful, sweet little ring I bought pre-loved from @leslie1956 and made by Yvonne. Center is a 4mm emerald cab and sides are 2.2 mm hauynite. Set in platinum silver. I just love the color combo and cannot believe how bright those blues are!
045443DE-B71A-42F2-826F-5CD467EC796B.jpeg 13D603B5-5122-4A38-A339-ED8FE00D50CC.jpeg 9C0357E0-7A13-4E6E-9B51-F8BC8CB5DEF8.jpeg 34C86D7C-631B-4B3F-9BB6-4494436F4004.jpeg

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have one last February gem purchase :) I bought 11 2 mm purple sapphires for an eternity band and 2 slightly larger ones (2.2 mm) to recreate that 3 stone stacker ring with the remaining emerald cab. A very sweet PSer had fallen in love with my emerald-hauynite stacker and asked to buy it, so I sold it to her :)

il_570xN.1741314952_qx28.jpg

Thank you so much @leslie1956!! I adore my new little stacker - just posted pics! Cannot wait to see your new one. Those sapphires will look so beautiful with the emerald ❤️❤️❤️

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@scouty_gems I love the extended asscher cut of your grey spinle
@sapphiremomma hauynes are my all time favorite sidestones and they go great with the emerald green

Thank you @2Neezers @MissyBeaucoup and @sapphiremomma ..the pendant arrived today and the sparkle/brilliance of the Vietnamese spinels blew me away. So glad Yvonne recommended them. (I am usually avoid any pinks with even a hint of orange/peach modifiers but these are sooo pretty...hopefully this doesn't put me on the hunt for a pad :shock:).
IMG_20190228_155528.jpg IMG_20190228_155713.jpg IMG_20190228_200337.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190228_200337.jpg
    IMG_20190228_200337.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 42

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How gorgeous! It looks great on you—I know you had to show us your pretty manicure!!
:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results