carat
color
clarity

February 2019 Colored Stone Purchases

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And now we know why you sold the Camellia ring ...new project! :dance:
I love, love, love this paraiba. Any idea on how you want to set it?
I know it will be set e-w with a few small side stones. I really like Yvonne's Amelie setting, but we have o see how spendy it would be to CAD it up to fit this 8x5 stone. Rose gold for sure, because I love the richness of the pink gold with that intense blue glow:) Probably demantoid for the melee, but not for sure
I'm excited about starting on this project, too, Elle, thanks for your enthusiasm!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That was you? What a small world! I felt so awful when she had said that someone else had expressed interest. I asked her to double check with the other potential buyer to make sure that they were certain they weren't going to proceed before moving forward. She of course had already done that but I asked her to wait until later the next day just in case. My interactions with her have been great so far and she has been very helpful. I'm so happy that I might be past lurker status =)2 that makes me much less like a creeper.

Rubies are stunning so I'm glad you were able to find one that works. It's great that you can do payments on it. You just made me realize that I have really been spending too long trying to find the perfect sapphire for my engagement ring. :wall: The more I looked at them and researched the more I realized my budget was going to have to be much higher than what was originally planned. I had told my fiancee that we could skip an engagement ring for me to do a basic wedding band. My fiancee had said that we could do something basic now and upgrade to a sapphire later when money isn't so tight. When I saw these sapphires I thought maybe I could find a reasonably priced pre-owned diamond or other center stone and use the sapphires as side-stones. I must be a true CS girl if I consider a diamond as settling. ;)2
Hehe, welcome to the CS club. I never expressed interest to Inken about your sapphires. No need to feel bad! FYI the ruby I'm paying off is this one...
Screenshot_20190123-145945.png
I've seen so many diamonds on other people, I'm just not thrilled by the prospect of having an engagement ring that looks like everybody else's. Thankfully I was able to find a ruby ring I love within my DF's budget. It was that ruby ring that got me interested in gemstones and jewelry in the first place. Here is that one in the center of my mini traveling jewelry box, on an overcast day. IMG_0160.JPG
The ruby I'm slowly paying off will go into my own ring design, and part of the reason I'm dragging paying it off in full is because I have a bunch of projects with Cecile Raley Designs, setting my paraiba and other stones. I expect to make a thread at the end of this month when CRD has some of my custom projects finished.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I know it will be set e-w with a few small side stones. I really like Yvonne's Amelie setting, but we have o see how spendy it would be to CAD it up to fit this 8x5 stone. Rose gold for sure, because I love the richness of the pink gold with that intense blue glow:) Probably demantoid for the melee, but not for sure
I'm excited about starting on this project, too, Elle, thanks for your enthusiasm!
I saw that some of Yvonne's 1.7mm demantoids had sold, so I panicked and made a grab for the remaining 7. Let me know if you need some in that size, and I'll pass it on to you at cost. Last I saw she still had 2.5mm unheated ones? Those are larger, but are also much more expensive. I think an E-W ring will be gorgeous for that paraiba!

I really like Yvonne's marquis with petals ring design. An E-W oval would look pretty similar, I think. Sounds like you're going to not delay and set it right away? Since you've got the funds from selling off your camellia ring, hopefully. :D

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw that some of Yvonne's 1.7mm demantoids had sold, so I panicked and made a grab for the remaining 7. Let me know if you need some in that size, and I'll pass it on to you at cost. Last I saw she still had 2.5mm unheated ones? Those are larger, but are also much more expensive. I think an E-W ring will be gorgeous for that paraiba!

I really like Yvonne's marquis with petals ring design. An E-W oval would look pretty similar, I think. Sounds like you're going to not delay and set it right away? Since you've got the funds from selling off your camellia ring, hopefully. :D

She has some lovely designs for marquis, I agree. Thanks for the offer on the 1.7 demantoids, I’ll email you if I need them. I like Yvonne’s new 2.5 mm purple sapphires, too, wish also had some in smaller sizes, as it would be pretty with Paraiba cab.

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
She has some lovely designs for marquis, I agree. Thanks for the offer on the 1.7 demantoids, I’ll email you if I need them. I like Yvonne’s new 2.5 mm purple sapphires, too, wish also had some in smaller sizes, as it would be pretty with Paraiba cab.
I would LOVE to see the paraiba turquoise wreathed by those lovely purples! :kiss2:

Going by what I know you own, I think you'll be inclined to grab demantoid for a third color, but might I persuade you to get the Burmese ruby melee, or a mix of both ruby and demantoid? Neon red would really pop against neon turquoise and neon purple. :twisted2:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock

You can always ask her to source some in the right size, too.

voce

Ideal_Rock
You can always ask her to source some in the right size, too.
Didn't she say she sourced them from a Thai vendor whom she sees at Tucson once a year? If you're going to ask Yvonne to source smaller sized purple sapphires, now's the time to act, before Tucson is over!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @voce and @strawrose :) It's not a huge issue for me to have all of the stones be purple, in fact, I don't even know if the 2.5mm size will even work with that design. Amelie is a rather small ring. The time I used it with my opal, the largest spinel used in the melee was only 2.2mm. I could also go with pink spinel or Paraiba melee, heck a combo of those two would be pretty, too!

I sure hope we can make this setting work because it's nigh well perfect for me, a simple design with details that add some panache :) I also love Yvonne's fancier designs too, don't get me wrong I adore that purple sunflower ring, for example, but a large part of me loves understated elegance, too.

Hope that made sense, guys ;-)

il_fullxfull.1203954598_37hq.jpg

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B150F918-110C-46CA-BB4E-24FF42A28A3C.jpeg

Oh my gosh guys!!! I’m so excited! I just purchased this commissioned garnet from Jeff White. I’ve been waiting since December! This is the only picture I have for now & its Jeff’s image. Literally just paid the invoice an hour ago! 4.14 ct, 8.36mm.

Should be my last February purchase.....:roll2::lol-2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh guys!!! I’m so excited! I just purchased this commissioned garnet from Jeff White. I’ve been waiting since December! This is the only picture I have for now & its Jeff’s image. Literally just paid the invoice an hour ago! 4.14 ct, 8.36mm.

That's stunning, Hivona, I love the cut and the color:dance:

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Living coral colour of the year.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my goodness...this is gorgeous! I love both the color and the cut? What kind of cut is that? It’s stunning! :love::love::love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Hivona that cut is awesome! It begs to be set in something Art Deco! :love:

Had an old stone set this month. A 4.4ct Malaia garnet from Multicolour. First pic under halogen lights, second in the shade on a sunny day.

DA94E22C-8571-4B17-A306-1CE9FC74B8BF.jpeg 4FAF2165-E532-4D84-A1AC-D93E664DCD2F.jpeg

Gorgeous!!! It looks awesome. I really love the double halo.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness...this is gorgeous! I love both the color and the cut? What kind of cut is that? It’s stunning! :love::love::love:

I’m not sure what he calls it. Initially I asked about a step cut & Jeff felt a brilliant cut would be best. So I asked for something not round & he suggested a hexagon!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure what he calls it. Initially I asked about a step cut & Jeff felt a brilliant cut would be best. So I asked for something not round & he suggested a hexagon!

Well it’s really lovely. I can’t wait to see your in hand photos. :kiss2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous stones everyone. I picked up an emerald and diamond band this month. I’m loving it.

411AF5EF-398F-4257-9946-EB8B5690AD3C.jpeg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

@Hivona the cut and color of your new garnet is amazing! It’s so beautiful! :love:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I received the red spinels from @Desertrose. They are very nice and sparkly. I think I’ll put the reddest one in a ring missing a diamond.

And omg... melees and multi-colored carpets are the worst. Good thing I have a lot of experience with Finding Waldo and Eye Spy. :knockout:

CFCDF76B-F1F2-4CC2-8C03-623057FE5913.jpeg

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I picked up this 1.67ct pink Mahenge spinel from GranGem on Etsy.
I have a couple pinkish red or reddish pink Mahenges but this one is straight up pink. :kiss2:
6A39A748-E401-4350-8B50-680AE29CF4CD.jpeg

So pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results