shape
carat
color
clarity

feather vs. cavity vs. pinpoint vs. cloud vs. needle, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snowgie17

Rough_Rock
I''m assuming not all inclusions are created equal....
Can anybody lend advice as to which markings on the GIA report are red flags right away (which would suggest the stone is not eye clean)? Or are there any which are so minor I shouldn''t bother worrying about them?

thanks!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
would need to ask someone to look at the stone to tell if an inclusion is eyeclean or not. even if a plot looks like it might be clean, it could still not be, and vice versa.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
The opposite to the above can also be true...a plot can sometimes look very messy (More for SI''s on down, but not so much for VS1/2''s), but the stone may be absolutely eye clean...this can be true for SI1/2 and sometimes even I1''s...it''s all in the nature, position and number of the beast(s)!
emdgust.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For pics and further knowledge, try this rather nice page from Good Old Gold,

Gallery of Inclusions

Feathers are the only inclusion I know of which can be a potential durability issue, but it depends greatly on the size and location of them and whether they break the surface of the diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results