shape
carat
color
clarity

Feather inclusion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlcdasha

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I recently purchased this diamond from an on-line vendor:

GIA certified

Square-emerald

6.49x6.24x4.11

G-VS2, 1.42carats

65.9%depth

66% table

NO culet/fluor.

Polish/Symm Good

I had a preliminary appraisal done today to see if the stone/certificate matched up and everything did. My problem is that there is a feather inclusion embedded in the pavillion portion of the stone (near the edge) that the appraiser said I should (1)let the jeweler who is mounting place an eight instead of a four-prong setting on it (2)there is no gurantee that the crack will not spread, but given the location of the feather, it is not cause enough for me to loose sleep over.

What are the chances that this feather will spread even after it is mounting( i.e. pressure exerted from prongs)?
Is this something to be concerned about even 5-10yrs down the line??

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There are millions of diamonds out on the hands of millions of people and millions of them have feathers in them. Your fracture is not likely to spread. If your lady is hard on her jewelry and is the hand waving type, she might chip her diamond by hitting it on something very hard but she could also chip a flawless diamond. A feather in a VS2 is nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results