shape
carat
color
clarity

FCD ring project, ideas needed

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I've been collecting little FCDs on and off for a few years now and am finally ready to make something with them. I have about 18-20 (not sure if this is the most up to date pic of the collection), about 3cttw. They're around 10 points up to 1/3ct. I think I want some sort of eternity, but am completely open to suggestions. Help me get these little guys set so I can enjoy them.

_35223.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want to make a suite of three or combine them all in one? I like what TL did with hers. She made a wider eternity style band consisting of mixed shaped and bezeled FCDs.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Combined in one band I think. I did have TL's ring in mind when I started the collection, but was curious if there's other ideas out there as well.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet! :love:

I'm visualizing a pair of dangly sparkly earrings.

A set of perfectly matched FCDs is not necessary but I would find a match for that yellow pear since that hue is so distinctive in this collection.

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono said:
Do you want to make a suite of three or combine them all in one? I like what TL did with hers. She made a wider eternity style band consisting of mixed shaped and bezeled FCDs.

Ditto this times 10! I think that'd be awesome. :love: I'd love to do the same someday.

Also...

kenny said:
A set of perfectly matched FCDs is not necessary but I would find a match for that yellow pear since that hue is so distinctive in this collection.

I'd either take that one out (of the ring) and find it a mate, or make it front and center in the ring.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
The yellow pear and the pink pear are my favorites of the collection. The yellow can look quite different at times, most of the color comes from strong yellow fluorescence. The pic above was taken in sunlight so it looks very bright, but in normal indoor light it's not as in your face yellow. It's small at 11 points, but really packs a punch. Can't believe I snagged it on ebay a few years ago for less than $20!

What jeweler would be good for small bezels like this project will require?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a different perspective and inspiration. I personally find this design by Alistair Kelsey very attractive:

_739.jpeg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since they took a while to collect what about a line pendant set in the order you purchased them.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I actually have no idea what order they came in! The pink pear was first, and the baguettes I believe were last.

Should I bother with getting the pink or yellow sent off the GIA for reports before setting? This would be my only chance if I'm bezeling them, but not sure it's worth the cost. The pink pear is an interesting shade of pink/purple/champagne and weighs .23ct, the yellow is fairly strong and weighs .11ct.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results