shape
carat
color
clarity

FCD Ring Project - do this first or the earrings (or both)!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fellow gemlovers ......... I have a confession!

I've had a project "on the go" for about 2-3 years now. For some reason, it keeps slipping back in the queue and while getting my FCDs together for my earrings, I found these diamonds nestled away, looking lonely and begging to be set!

These diamonds are slightly larger but 3 of them are irradiated (the red/brown centre, the big blue and the square green). All the others are natural/untreated. I have a few other yellow/white diamonds that I can throw into this as well. I do wonder if this may date quickly and be a bit too ostentatious? If so, should I consider a similar design to TL's stunning multi diamond ring?

So, my question is, do I do (a) the ring and if so, what design (b) the earrings or (a) and (b)?

To help you decide, I'm attaching the inspiration photo for the ring I want to make and then my diamonds next to it.

The earring diamonds are also next to the inspiration photos (but I've found some small round pinks and square oranges that I will throw into these as well that are not in the photos).

Ring Design.jpg

Earring Design.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Re: FCD Ring Project - do this first or the earrings (or bot

Hrm, there might be a reason you keep putting off the multi diamond cluster ring. I'd do the earrings because you seem pretty excited about them.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

When a project keeps slipping to the back of the project queue, I suspect it's because there's something about that project that hasn't quite gelled for me. I have a couple like that right now!

I think the earrings as you currently have them laid out are going to be beautiful, and will give you a lot of pleasure. Actually, I think they are going to be show stoppers! Since you asked for an opinion on the cluster ring, I hope you won't be offended if I suggest that I don't think that design showcases your beautiful FCD's as well as it could. I love TL's ring because I do think it allows the eye to really focus on and enjoy her FCD's, instead of skittering off in several different directions. It hits a nice balance between being blingy, and being timeless, IMO.

You have such discerning taste, LD. If you keep on hesitating on this project, it may need a bit more tweaking before you commit.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Same as the others--if you keep putting it off, chances are you have may have some sort of reservation.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I also agree. You probably have an epiphany about the ring, and then can proceed without hesitation.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

I vote for the earrings- I just love that color combination!

kt

Shiny_Rock

I'm drooling over the earring idea!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Go ahead with the earrings if your heart is more into it. I can see that also appealing more because the colours seem to go together very well, sort of grouped into the warmish category.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I like both the earring and ring designs you've come up with. I would go for both of them :naughty:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks everybody for your honest comments. I really really appreciate the feedback.

Yes, I do have reservations about the ring - it's more to do with "will I wear such an ostentatious piece?". I think the answer is no, which is probably why I've been hesitating. However, I do love TL's bezel set ring and also (thank you Preg) adore Dee Jay's gorgeous rose cut ring. I recall seeing this ages ago and loving it then! I wonder if it would work? It's certainly a consideration! If anybody is skilled with Photoshop, could they please have a go at putting my diamonds in the photo of Dee Jay's to see how it'd look????? Pretty please?????

I was pondering the earrings and I don't know what else I'd do with the diamonds as they're very small so the earrings I think will be made.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results