shape
carat
color
clarity

Fay Cullen Setting - Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allieh

Rough_Rock
First time here and I need some advice.

I absolutely love the setting on this Fay Cullen ring, but upon closer inspection of the images online, the craftsmanship looks a bit shoddy (uneven finish, shows file marks, unsymmetrical). I know that most of FC''s rings are "antique style", which means new. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Is there a better merchant to purchase antique rings like this from?

http://www.faycullen.com/_pics/800/d1028r5d/5.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, the craftsmanship isn''t great AND the return policy is horrid. You need to make ABSOLUTE sure that you want it before you order it or else you lose a lot of $.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
You know, I have heared mixed-reviews. I have seen a piece, and thought it was decent. Not great though. But I am sure others here have some of their pieces.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 9:39:20 PM
Author: neatfreak
Well, the craftsmanship isn''t great AND the return policy is horrid. You need to make ABSOLUTE sure that you want it before you order it or else you lose a lot of $.
Ditto, you can do a search on Fay Cullen, lots of threads to read..

In the rough

Shiny_Rock
Yeah...I am not crazy about it...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Designers of high quality antique style rings: Van Craeynest, Richard Landi, Beaudry, Beverley K, Sheldon Speyer, Tacori, Coast Diamond, etc.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 10:17:42 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Designers of high quality antique style rings: Van Craeynest, Richard Landi, Beaudry, Beverley K, Sheldon Speyer, Tacori, Coast Diamond, etc.
Leon mege would also do an amazing job with a setting like this, but it would be considerably more expensive...but top notch quality!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''ve heard FC is not the most well reputed as far as quality. But if you love a certain style of setting you found on the site maybe you could commission a jeweler who does really outstanding work to replicate said setting.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I''ve found a few FC pieces that I love, but I would NEVER EVER shop from that vendor simply because of the terrible return policy! I think that you''d be asking for hassle with that company.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2007 1:43:08 AM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 7/4/2007 10:17:42 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Leon mege would also do an amazing job with a setting like this, but it would be considerably more expensive...but top notch quality!
Yes, Leon Mege and Maytal Hannah do beautiful custom work! In fact, they are not more expensive than some I listed above.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results