shape
carat
color
clarity

Favourite Comfort Food when Sick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:43:57 PM
Author: HollyS
Date: 3/24/2009 6:41:25 AM

Author: bee*

Hungover sick - full Irish fry

Sick tummy - crisps and cheese or toasted cheese sambo with mayonaisse

Cold/flu- soup.

I''m surprised at the posters who want cheese when they''re sick. Is this a U.K. thing? Kind of ''how you were raised''? I avoid milk products with a sick tummy. Shoot, I avoid food!

Not sure about the UK but in Ireland a lot of people seem to have cheese when they''re not feeling great-at least a lot of my friends do. There''s nothing cheese can''t cure
3.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 7:05:57 AM
Date: 3/24/2009 12:43:57 PM

Author: HollyS

Date: 3/24/2009 6:41:25 AM

Hungover sick - full Irish fry

Sick tummy - crisps and cheese or toasted cheese sambo with mayonaisse

Cold/flu- soup.

I''m surprised at the posters who want cheese when they''re sick. Is this a U.K. thing? Kind of ''how you were raised''? I avoid milk products with a sick tummy. Shoot, I avoid food!

Not sure about the UK but in Ireland a lot of people seem to have cheese when they''re not feeling great-at least a lot of my friends do. There''s nothing cheese can''t cure
3.gif

I second this but only for illnesses that do not involve vomiting. Dairy is just about the WORST thing to throw up (it''s very acidic).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People magazine!

Not to eat, of course...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hangover - greasy cheeseburger with fries
flu - jello
cold - chicken noodle with a grilled cheese
headache - tea
strep throat - popsicle (Spelling sorry no idea how to spell that)
depressed - ice cream

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 11:49:05 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Mmmm Welsh Rarebit is like cheddar cheese fondue over toast. It''s got cheese and beer in it. It''s so yummy!

Cold-Campbell''s chicken noodle soup, Premium brand saltines, and Canada Dry ginger ale

Flu-Maybe tea and toast if I can stomach it (usually not though)

Hangover-Mama''s pancake breakfast from Cracker Barrel

Stomach bug-toast/crackers and ginger ale
THAT''s what it is? I never knew that. It does sound good. Whenever I see it written, I always read it as "Welsh Rabbit," and well, that doesn''t sound quite as appealing.
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to answer the question. If I''m sick, I stick to soup, although I haven''t found a canned soup that I really like. Chicken broth helps too. I also like hot tea and frozen yogurt if my throat hurts. If it''s a stomach issue, bland food like white rice helps a lot.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I''m in Canada.
For colds: piping hot chicken broth, saltines, gingerale, lemon juice in hot water with honey, hot tea, and jello.
For flu: I usually just starve myself for a few days because nothing appeals to me then. I will drink lots of tea and powerade.
For hangovers : grilled cheese and a nice salad or eggs, bacon and sausage! The grease soaks up the alcohol like nothing else.
Depressed: nothing usually. I can''t eat when I am upset.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well if I am just bleh, then I like mac n cheese (homemade) or grilled cheese with soup. If I am really sick it is something from the brat diet, bananas, toast or crackers or apple sauce and hot tea. Hope you feel better soon.
12.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
MEXICAN chicken and rice soup. I know most people don't think of Mexican food and being sick, but I do!

I order it as take-out when I'm feeling a little under the weather, and my local place gives you a HUGE container, so it can last through a couple of meals. The pulled chicken and rice is a little more filling than normal sick food, broth is comforting, and the citrus/cilantro/heat feels good on the throat. It also usually comes with a couple of tortillas so I can just roll up some of the chicken and rice in that and have something that "sticks to the ribs" a little bit for energy, and when I'm feeling better, I have chips and salsa (yay salsa for clearing out sinuses!) to look forward to.

Also pairs really well with Sprite. And a banana or rootbeer popsicle for dessert.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
If I have a bad cold then I love chicken noodle soup with lots of hot broth - it can be homemade or Campbells.

If I have the stomach flu then water only because I hate throwing up sooo much. If my stomach is just a bit upset then I''m a big advocate of the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. Seems to work for me.

Stress = CARBS! I love me some pasta, warm bread, cookies, donuts, etc. It''s so bad but it''s the truth
3.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
i usually crave pasta with creamy cheesy some such on top. Carbs and Dairy
21.gif
my nemesis''
40.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 6:42:15 PM
Author: Elmorton
MEXICAN chicken and rice soup. I know most people don''t think of Mexican food and being sick, but I do!

I order it as take-out when I''m feeling a little under the weather, and my local place gives you a HUGE container, so it can last through a couple of meals. The pulled chicken and rice is a little more filling than normal sick food, broth is comforting, and the citrus/cilantro/heat feels good on the throat. It also usually comes with a couple of tortillas so I can just roll up some of the chicken and rice in that and have something that ''sticks to the ribs'' a little bit for energy, and when I''m feeling better, I have chips and salsa (yay salsa for clearing out sinuses!) to look forward to.

Also pairs really well with Sprite. And a banana or rootbeer popsicle for dessert.
Yummy! I''m sick (cold) and I want some Mexi chicken soup!!!! Waaaa! Too sick to go out and get it...where''s my BF???? (oh yeah, work)

Had some tomato soup last night and it was good.
18.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 2:50:37 AM
Author: heraanderson
Tom Yum soup

Mmm, that sounds good! Either that, or home-made baked custard / bread and butter pudding!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results