shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite types of workouts

soocool

Ideal_Rock
At age 55 I walk on the treadmill at a 2% incline for 1 hour 3 times a week and then ride the recumbent bike another 3 days a week for 30 minutes. The days I ride the bike I do Pilates and lift weights. In between I walk and run around with the dog - that in itself is great exercise. I had been working out with a friend and she has gone off on her own to do Zumba now.

Just walking at a fast pace (about 4 miles per hour at a 2% incline) my legs and butt have become extremely toned, not to mention that I have lost 10 pounds without even dieting. Pilates has really toned my midsection and the muffin top has mostly disappeared.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I run 3x a week, anywhere from 3-10 miles each time. I try to take one hot yoga class a week. Weeks when my work schedule permits (twice a month, usually) I try to make the Thursday evening Zumba class at the gym. My arms need some toning, though.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't know why, but I love the elliptical. I usually do that for about 40 minutes, the treadmill at a fairly high incline, and then lift weights.

Zumba is really fun, but wasn't challenging enough after a few months of it.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I tried cardio barre last week and it was so hard!!! In a good way though--my thighs and booty were sore for several days after!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
shanhoops|1327899300|3114666 said:
Same a Mayk above, I also love the Les Mills classes. Body Combat (mix of boxing, kickboxing, a many different martial arts) is probably my favourite, but I also like Body Attack (really high cardio class), Body Pump (which is weights based) and RPM (like Spin).

Me too. I also love Yoga and Body Flow (another Les Mills class)

I don't really do anything but group fitness classes. Doing a mixture of them is great for your body. Toning up with Body Pump and Body Combat, burning loads of calories with Combat, Attack and RPM, getting a good stretch and lengthening the muscles while working the core with Body Flow, etc. I also love that they're varied and you're not just listening to your iPod on a treadmill for an hour going nowhere, or using a weight machine. It definitely keeps my interest and gets me a good workout in the process.

I also do personal training sessions and boxing classes a few times a year, but I can't justify paying for them year round when I'm in decent shape and the group fitness classes are free.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Billy Blanks PT 24/7- Tae Bo with resistance bands. Only been doing it for a week or so, but it feels really good, and I've started losing inches. There are 7 (I think) 30 min. workouts that you mix up, 3 days on, one day rest.

I've tried many other but always go back to the tae bo- it's just a style that really works for me.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Zumba a lot, although the time they offer it at my gym doesn't work for me, so I stopped going. I also love Yoga flow because it gets your heartrate up and you work all your muscles big time.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I've been doing bodyrock.tv workouts at home, and love it. I work out at home, so I do DVDs. Before bodyrock, I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, no more trouble zones, and banish fat boost metabolism. I have some kettlebells, but haven't really gotten into a routine with them yet.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I go to a great dance class a few days a week. The instructor is Cuban so it's a mix of salsa and modern dance and it's great fun. I also do rebounding which is also a lot of fun and so tiring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results