shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Sunglasses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
So now that I am a California girl....I''ve been here a week. I think I need to invest in some cute sunglasses. Currently I only wear von zippers (I have the glue in 3 colors!). I just dont know how stylish they are....Not that I am getting rid of them! I thnk I need a cute pair of swanky sunglasses. Suggestions???

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.Cal is all about bling (rhinestones on temples, big logos) and oversized. Gucci, Chanel, Dior.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of Marc Jacobs eyeglasses that I love. It''s Lola 2 in coral opaline (an orange color) with brown shaded lens from the spring 2005 collections. I love it.

img_mod_MJ_023.jpg

check out this site for different brands of sunglasses: www.otticanet.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are Von Zippers?

I am in the market for a nice pair of branded glasses too...I really like not too opaque lenses and lightweight frames, not into the big huge bug glasses that like Nicole Richie etc is wearing.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I'm awful with sunglasses. Always leaving them behind on airplanes, hotel rooms, or rental cars (i travel a bit for biz). So, I prefer to get the cheapie kind. I'll either scan the racks at Marshalls/Ross/Nordies Rack, or head down to the Venice boardwalk and stock up there. I usually go for whatever's hip and trendy

I somehow have been able to hold on to my Persols, which I bought back in 1999! They're classic, and not dated-looking. They're my "dress-up" sunglasses.

P.S- Welcome to L.A, msflutter!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swear by Maui Jim''s. The polarized lenses make it possible to look directly into the sun without flinching! They are not cheap - if you are the person that always loses your glasses then I wouldn''t recommend putting out the money. The have a website to look at styles - but sunglasses are like everything else - you need to try them on to see what you think. I''m on my second pair in several years - I really love them!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 1:01:33 AM
Author: Mara
What are Von Zippers?
They are casual, beach type sunglasses. I usually order from this website http://www.bunkeronline.com/vonzilagl.html but you can get them at any surf shop as well.

Those coral ones are super cute! Time to head to bloomies and buy some cute glasses. Let you know if I find anything.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I agree with MGR on the Maui Jims. These sunglasses offer great eye protection and are very well made. They come in a variety of styles and look classy without being too obvious. Of course I also like the less practical rimless kind some of the designers like Gucci and Chanel offer for just running around town.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh MsFlutter, I am soooo jealous!! Here you are worrying about sunglasses for Southern Cal, and here I am worrying about how much stupid snow I have to go shovel later!!!
11.gif
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve managed to hang onto a pair of Gucci sunglasses for 7 years now! I used to lose them like crazy (and umbrellas) but once I spent $$$ I def. treated them differently ... so it''s probably paid off by now! I don''t know the style # or have a pix, but they''re basic black frames, blackish green lenses & kind of a big "cat eye" style. Not a "trendy" kind or they''d look really awful now & years later
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 7:43:07 AM
Author: MissGotRocks
I swear by Maui Jim''s. The polarized lenses make it possible to look directly into the sun without flinching! They are not cheap - if you are the person that always loses your glasses then I wouldn''t recommend putting out the money. The have a website to look at styles - but sunglasses are like everything else - you need to try them on to see what you think. I''m on my second pair in several years - I really love them!
Ditto! I love mine, they are awsome, fit well I can see while flying! Love Maui Jim''s!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
my sunglass goal is to own the perfect pair of chanel sunglasses. love love love them! i was in saks the other day and browsing the chanel rack, window shopping -- and the sales lady kep trying to spy on me inconscously in the most obvious way --> i guess i don''t look likei can afford chanel and look like someone who would shove a pair into her purse or am so irresponsible i''ll break ''em whatever...i was annoyed. used to this type of behaviour from snotty SA''s but annoyed just hte same.
38.gif

ladygodiva

Rough_Rock
Smartbargains.com have nice pairs of designer sunglasses on sale all the time.

http://womens-accessories.smartbargains.com/go.sb?pagename=prod&fcloc=cat&deptid=11&catid=83&prodid=1118296603

http://womens-accessories.smartbargains.com/go.sb?pagename=prod&fcloc=cat&deptid=11&catid=83&prodid=1118286741

http://womens-accessories.smartbargains.com/go.sb?pagename=prod&fcloc=cat&deptid=11&catid=83&prodid=1118295898

If your looking for any ideas!

if you sign up to mrrebates or ebates, they usually have cash back % & coupons too for extra discounts etc
2.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2006 1:06:11 AM
Author: gingerBcookie
my sunglass goal is to own the perfect pair of chanel sunglasses. love love love them! i was in saks the other day and browsing the chanel rack, window shopping -- and the sales lady kep trying to spy on me inconscously in the most obvious way --> i guess i don''t look likei can afford chanel and look like someone who would shove a pair into her purse or am so irresponsible i''ll break ''em whatever...i was annoyed. used to this type of behaviour from snotty SA''s but annoyed just hte same.
38.gif
Oh Ginger, I have the most fabulous pair of Chanel sunglasses. I broke down & bought them last year (I used "graduation present to myself" as an excuse!). They are a grayish black, rimless pair with small double C''s in rhinestones on the sides. They are by far the most comfortable sunglasses I''ve ever owned! However, the case that they came with is soooo big, I had to upgrade my purse just to fit them in!
2.gif

MsFlutter - did you find a pair yet? My dad loves his Maui Jims too, but I''d have to say, in LA, you should def. have a pair of super stylish designer sunglasses
1.gif

Qtiekiki - I loves those Marc Jacobs! Did they come in black?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 9:54:53 AM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*

38.gif
Oh Ginger, I have the most fabulous pair of Chanel sunglasses. I broke down & bought them last year (I used ''graduation present to myself'' as an excuse!). They are a grayish black, rimless pair with small double C''s in rhinestones on the sides. They are by far the most comfortable sunglasses I''ve ever owned! However, the case that they came with is soooo big, I had to upgrade my purse just to fit them in!
2.gif

MsFlutter - did you find a pair yet? My dad loves his Maui Jims too, but I''d have to say, in LA, you should def. have a pair of super stylish designer sunglasses
1.gif

oooooh...they sound like exactly what i am looking for. i was halfway going to buy these brownish amber rimless with the small rhinestone double C''s in the front but held back because my fave color sunglasses are the grayish ones. now that i know they exist i''m gonna hunt them down!
3.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 9:54:53 AM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*

38.gif
Oh Ginger, I have the most fabulous pair of Chanel sunglasses. I broke down & bought them last year (I used ''graduation present to myself'' as an excuse!). They are a grayish black, rimless pair with small double C''s in rhinestones on the sides. They are by far the most comfortable sunglasses I''ve ever owned! However, the case that they came with is soooo big, I had to upgrade my purse just to fit them in!
2.gif

1.gif

Yeah, they do come in black, plus brown, pink, white and turquoise. And the case of the Marc Jacobs are big too. My DH says it looks like a mini ice chest.

MsFlutter - I think you need a pair of super stylish designer sunglasses for everyday wear. Then you can get those that work well to wear when you need more protection.

My friend just got a pair of Dior sunglasses. They are super cute.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Still havent found a pair. Planning a shopping excursion this weekend and its on the top of my list!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen the new Marc Jacobs ones that have the gold buckle on the side. Very pretty.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
here is my current pair, black with gray lenses. i really hope i can keep this pair seeing as I have lost every pair of sunglasses I have ever owned. LOL

guccisunz.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love sunglasses, but I seriously lose or break every pair of sunglasses I ever buy. And that''s why I stick with the ones that are $30 or less! My husband is waaayy worse than me. He has had Oakleys (for golf), RayBans (for whatever), Maui Jims, and every time we stop for gas whether we''re on a long or short drive somewhere, he has to buy a pair. He''s completely obsessed. The sad thing is that he has lost or broken every pair he''s purchased since I met him 4.5 years ago! Normally this happens because he wears them in situations where he''s drinking, sad to say. He''s in sales, and does a lot of golf outings, and by mid-afternoon back at the clubhouse after beers all day and cocktails after the round is over, he''s left them on a table somewhere as an unintentional tip for the waiter/busboy/waitress''s boyfriend. If I had all the moolah he''s spent on sunglasses since I met him, I betcha I''d be showing something off in SMTR right now, lol!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
So i bought my sunglasses today. I LOVE them. They are bigger than I had thought i would wear. I was looking at the new Gucci ones with the buckle on the side and the girl at Nordstroms said the one with the horsebit would be less''flashy'' for me. She was right...and I bought them. I had thought i wanted the Dior ones but i really like them. My FI says they are so California.

Heres a few pics. What do you think?

guccishade.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
The side view that I really like.

horsebit.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Finally my greasy hair and no make up face in my fabulous new shades!

greasy face.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Your new sunglasses are awesome. I love it and it looks great on you. Yay now you are a California girl.
10.gif
9.gif
I have kind of been eyeing some Dior ones too since I want a pair in black, but DH is not really going along with the idea. Haha.

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Everyone has such cute glasses! qtie, love that site - thanks for posting it. I love how the Roberto Cavalli ones look but can''t stand the thought of wearing snakes on my face.
14.gif
LOL! And I love those burberry ones too. *sigh* Unfortunately, I wouldn''t be able to wear the burberry ones because my nose is too flat or too narrow - I have to wear glasses that have those nose guard thingamabobs.
41.gif

Anyway, I''m a little late on the scene but here are my fave sunglasses!
10.gif
They make me feel fabulous (gotta love the fakey bling!). They''re $15 cheapies - I can''t buy the name brand ones because I always lose or break my sunglasses.
41.gif
I always buy 2 whenever I find cheapie ones that I like because I''m so picky and because I can have a backup whenever I break or lose the 1st pair.
41.gif

dgglasses.jpg

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Whoa, sorry that came out so big!!!
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
MSflutter, love your new Gucci sunglasses!

DodgerGurl yours are cute too and you can't beat that price!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Diors and Chanels are my favorite, I like Dior styles better, but Chanel is better quality. Chanel is the best quality designer sunglass...Dior, Gucci, YSL, Valentino, Armani, Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney, Kate Spade and many many others are all made by the same manufacturer and the quality just isn''t the great.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love Chanel and Dior, but I have been replacing the lenses with polarized ones (in the pairs without them). What a difference! I also loveeeee Oliver Peoples. A lot of fashion glasses are all about the look and not about the lens. I love the difference polarized lenses make in the glare!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I just got some Versace ones, but the arm was wacked...so I exchanged them for some Fendi ones!

Neiman Marcus Outlet store has a kick*ss selection right now all for $59.99! Gucci, Versace, Oliver Peoples, Yves St Laurent, Fendi....and a lot of others. For that price, you can get a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results