shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Sunblocks--

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also wanted to add that UV blocking clothing works very well too. I wear sunblock clothing when cycling and it really works without having to apply sunscreen. And I try wearing a hat when possible and using a parasol when possible too. All of it helps. Sorry about your melanoma surgery @ame. My dh had melanoma surgery a few years ago (on his thigh) and he gets checked every 3 months or so because he has so many suspicious moles all over his body. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

I don't take anything that site posts with even a grain of salt. Both that org and "Skin Deep" are non-profit organizations with questionable backgrounds and their agenda is not our safety - it's just money. They are fear mongers who sensationalize subjective information and promote hearsay as fact.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also use SuperGoop—I’ve liked several of their products and they WORK for my skin, which is gold. I can even sweat through the CC cream (spf 30?).

I haven't tried any of the others products. What do you think of the CC cream or other "body" sunscreens??

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Neutrogena 100 SPF or Anthelios by La Roche Posay. I think it's a 60 SPF.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't take anything that site posts with even a grain of salt. Both that org and "Skin Deep" are non-profit organizations with questionable backgrounds and their agenda is not our safety - it's just money. They are fear mongers who sensationalize subjective information and promote hearsay as fact.

Thanks @ame, I had no clue. Good to know. It seems everything is about money and there are few we can trust. Especially in the health fields. I am so disillusioned about almost everything and everyone lately. :(

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for Anthelios by La Roche Posay. I also like Bare Republic face lotion sunscreen. If I’m too lazy to put a sunscreen on I use IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder Illumination with SPF 50+ (Talc free physical sunscreen). I also like Wallaroo SPF hats.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20190709-213906_Ebates.jpg

I'm going to try this one ..I figer at least for face it could be ok. Its a physical sunscreen from what I've read.

And yes I use ebates...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
This is my current fave, LRP Shaka Fluid. It's lightweight, non-drying, fragrance-free, reef safe, no white cast. It also has one of the highest UVA protection, PPD 46.

I can't see or feel it on my skin at all, once I pat it in.

I'm not a fan of physical sunscreens though, so YMMV.

La_Roche_Posay_Anthelios_Shaka_Fluid_F50_50ml_700x@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results