shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Feel-Good Movies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 3:17:58 PM
Author:Haven

I really want to see Friends With Money and Life as a House, anyone seen those? Feedback?

Thanks!
Life as a House is one of my all-time favourite movies! I can watch it again and again and again...and I cry everytime. Some of my other feel-good favourites are:

27 Dresses (just watched it for the 4th time the other day!)
Garden State
Elizabethtown
I Am Sam
Juno
Lars and the Real Girl

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Haven, how was the movie you watched last night? Would you recommend it? Are you feeling better today?

I watched Il Postino last night, and I just adore that movie.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
I also forgot

October Sky....love that movie...I always get choked up at the end

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 3:08:23 PM
Author: kittybean
Haven, how was the movie you watched last night? Would you recommend it? Are you feeling better today?

We watched Friends With Money. I really liked it, and I''d definitely recommend it. It seemed more like a slice-of-life piece than a complete movie; the characters didn''t really arch, it was more like a peek into their worlds. Great cast, too--Catherine Keener is one of my favorite actresses.

I''m feeling a bit better today, kittybean, thanks for asking! I still have serious pain, but I can get up and move around better. I''m going to go to work tomorrow, I think, so I''m hoping something will magically heal up tonight.

I''ve never seen Il Postino, just added it to my list.

We also watched Lions for Lambs, it was pretty awful. I would not recommend it. Hubby picked it, I definitely wasn''t expecting it to be a feel good!

You guys came up with great suggestions! I love The Sweetest Thing, and Elf is one of my top three favorite movies of all time.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey- the movies that I literally watch over and over are the followin:

A Lot Like Love
Grease
Hairspray
In Her Shoes
Bridget Jones'' Diary
Little Women (with Winona Ryder...
1.gif
)
About a Boy

I''m glad you liked Friends with Money because I did!

Hope your back feels better! I have an awful back too so I feel for you!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty Woman is a classic!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 7:45:20 PM
Haven, When Harry Met Sally is at the top of my list, too! I adore that movie. Some others that make me smile (or laugh out loud):

Napoleon Dynamite
Caddyshack
Wedding Crashers
Sleepless in Seattle
Moonstruck (with Cher--a must-see in my book)
Sex & the City (watching a few episodes always cheers me up)
Chocolat
Singing in the Rain
Dirty Dancing
Elf
Moon Struck is my favorite movie...a must see alright...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 7:40:33 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Hey- the movies that I literally watch over and over are the followin:

A Lot Like Love

Grease

Hairspray

In Her Shoes

Bridget Jones'' Diary

Little Women (with Winona Ryder...
1.gif
)

About a Boy

I''m glad you liked Friends with Money because I did!

Hope your back feels better! I have an awful back too so I feel for you!

What a good list. Those are on mine too. I''m also a big fan of the 80''s Molly Ringwald/John Cusack movies!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 11:47:33 PM
Author: jewelerman

Moon Struck is my favorite movie...a must see alright...
Glad someone else loves Moonstruck! It is absolutely one of my all-time favorites.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 7:29:28 PM
Author: Haven
Date: 11/9/2008 3:08:23 PM

We watched Friends With Money. I really liked it, and I''d definitely recommend it. It seemed more like a slice-of-life piece than a complete movie; the characters didn''t really arch, it was more like a peek into their worlds. Great cast, too--Catherine Keener is one of my favorite actresses.

I''m feeling a bit better today, kittybean, thanks for asking! I still have serious pain, but I can get up and move around better. I''m going to go to work tomorrow, I think, so I''m hoping something will magically heal up tonight.

I''ve never seen Il Postino, just added it to my list.

We also watched Lions for Lambs, it was pretty awful. I would not recommend it. Hubby picked it, I definitely wasn''t expecting it to be a feel good!

You guys came up with great suggestions! I love The Sweetest Thing, and Elf is one of my top three favorite movies of all time.
I''m happy you''re feeling better! I''m not sure if this would help you, but both my FI and I found that caffeine helped a lot when we both had some sudden bad back pain/injury in the last few months. I took Excedrin Migraine and felt a lot better, and FI just drank a few espressos. Maybe some extra caffeine would make your day more tolerable tomorrow?

Il Postino is mostly a feel-good movie, but it does have a tragic element to it, just to warn you. It''s a beautiful story, though. The soundtrack is uplifting, and I can''t resist a movie set on a beautiful island in Italy. I''d definitely recommend it. You''ll probably have to look in the foreign films section at Blockbuster ''cause it''s in Italian.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are feeling better. I love a lot of the suggested movies. I just saw the Notebook - it was awesome. Silverado is one of my favorite feel good movies.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister and I rented The Notebook this weekend, it was JUST what I needed! I really loved it. Thanks for the great recommendations!

I''m going to work my way through all these movies.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Just adding the list - here''s basically my DVD collection, "feel good" is kinda the only genre I like :)

13 Going on 30
Along Came Polly
The Breakfast Club
Bridget Jones
Charade (an old Audrey classic)
Charlie''s Angels
Clueless
The Cutting Edge
Finding Nemo
The Graduate
How to Deal
In Her Shoes
Keeping the Faith
King Ralph
Little Miss Sunshine
Love Actually
Mean Girls
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Office Space
The Parent Trap (the original)
Pleasantville
Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth version, of course)
The Princess Bride
A Room With a View
Sweet Home Alabama
The Sweetest Thing
Tin Cup
The Truth About Cats and Dogs
With Honors

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 4:10:31 PM
Author: Tuckins1
The divine secrets of the ya-ya sisterhood
Fried green tomatoes
Love these movies!

I love the scene in Fried Green ''Maters when Bates rams the car in the parking lot!!

Also, I will add Forest Gump as a feel good movie, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results