shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite decisions while planning your wedding!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I'm "interviewing" Calligraphers, and I LOVE it!!!
In all honesty, everytime I make a new decision I find myself loving it... but this one really kind of made me say, "Hmm, M, you're weird."

What has been yours?!?

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Well besides looking for dresses, which I thought was absolutely amazingly fun, I would have to say finding my florist. I had put off meeting with florists for way too long because I knew nothing about flowers and didn''t know where to begin, but once I met my florist I had such a blast listening to her ideas!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. Picking a hotel? I think I''m enjoying picking out the reception dinner restaurant...

I don''t know. I don''t get as many decisions as a regular traditional bride.

Although I have greatly enjoyed buying shoes....but there is nothing new there...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Picking out things to make! Having a wedding has been a GREAT excuse to buy craft supplies.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
The dress without a doubt. It didn''t feel real and I didn''t start to get really excited until I had put the deposit down on my dress. Now I can imagine the wedding in my mind more, and with my dress done, all the other little details are coming together in my mind now.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I can honestly say, choosing a wedding planner. But only because that''s the only decision that i''ve gotten to make so far. lol But it''s still very exciting because it''s all so REAL now.
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me it was picking my florist. After much searching and many many massive quotes, I decided to go with someone in my hometown. She and I grew up in the same neighborhood, went to the same summer camp, elementary school, high school, etc. We weren''t friends in HS, I was too preppy and she was too alterna-cool. I would even say we didn''t like each other in HS. Anyway, she went to art school for college and opened up a floral design studio/shop after college. Her stuff is amazing! Very big city for such a small town. Anyway, she''s 3 hours from where we''re getting married, but I love her work so much I decided to go with her. She and I have also mended fences a bit. She''s mellowed and I''ve broken out of my shell-so we get along better now. Her prices are okay, less than the quotes I got in RI, but more than I wanted to spend to have to drive the flowers 3 hours, but I like knowing I''m helping a small hometown business and the quality is way better than I could afford in RI. Her blog is at http://valleyflowercompany.blogspot.com/

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Trying the food at my venue and picking out our menu! I
30.gif
food.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Off the top of my head- making my wedding smaller and much sooner (10 months before we had planned). I just can''t wait to get married.

Other than that I really enjoyed finding my gown. I went everywhere from Kleinfeld to a consignment shop and loved every chance I got to try them on! At my first fitting on Saturday I reaffirmed my choice in a dress and I cannot wait until it fits me properly!

I am also looking forward to putting together my invitations that my graphic designer friend is doing for me.

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Picking out my invitations and save-the-dates. I am obsessed by paper and paper products, and I have always loved looking at wedding invitations (even before we were engaged.) So for me, picking out my invitations was a dream. I absolutely loved the process.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a great time designing my dress, and it was an unreal feeling to see it made and wear it!

I also had a lot of fun cake-tasting, picking out centerpieces, designing the girls'' favors, and making the invitation inserts. Fun stuff. I''m also DIYing the cake toppers which I''m really excited about :)

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
the music!!! :)

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh! Great topic, Meresal!

So far, my favorite was picking a destination for our wedding. We looked at so many different beaches and considered so many possibilities, but settling on the DR and our resort was by far one of my favorite choices.

My other favorite was picking and asking our bridal party to be our attendants! That was so fun! FI''s niece was so excited she started screaming!

We haven''t picked our wedding bands yet, but I have a feeling that will rank pretty high to if nothing else for the symbolism.
30.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably not a decision per se, but my favourite part so far has been arranging and sending out the invitations! And ofcourse, recieving the response cards in the mail!
9.gif
9.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I would say trying on wedding bands. that was fun!. Then getting mine - that was the best! I want to try it on everyday!
AND picking out the cake, not the flavors themselves but the design on how it would look.
I searched tons of cake designs before i found the perfect one. I enjoyed that!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:06:06 AM
Author: DMBFiredancer
the music!!! :)
Have you been testing out songs that you want to use??? LOL.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Receiving the response cards is GREAT!! So far everyone we''ve expected to say no has said no, so our numbers look fantastic.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:45:24 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Receiving the response cards is GREAT!! So far everyone we've expected to say no has said no, so our numbers look fantastic.
HH and kama, I'm so jealous. My response cards are going to be sent to my parents home and I don't live in their city anymore
39.gif
Maybe I can convince them to put them in a pile until I visit once a month!! :)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cakes - cake tasting was fun!
Reception sites - there were two that were really fun to tour. We realised that we couldn''t afford either, but going around them an experience.
Paper - for our invitations that we made ourselves. We ended up spending around $50 on about 100 invitations. The hunt was fun!

Honestly, we did the entire thing on such a strict budget ($5,000 without rings included) that we cut many things so we didn''t actually have that many decisions to make. When you can only afford $500 for a photographer, there are only two or three people to choose from!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it terrible of me to say i haven''t enjoyed much of it???? I would love it if someoone else would do it for me
emembarrassed.gif
, and i feel badly saying that but a lot of it i don''t have a particular opinion on or know anything about and it stresses me out a little.

I did really like the dress buying early on, but then my mom kind of made me a little crazy....

In all honesty, i haven''t done a whole lot except get the dress and book the venue - i hope i enjoy the rest coming up!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I loved the flowers, of course, because I''m a flower slut and my florist thought it was so wonderful to be working with someone who loved flowers that much that she kept giving us free samples of stuff, so my house looked fabulous, haha! I also surprised myself on the invitations--I didn''t figure I''d care about them at all until I stumbled across momentaldesigns.com and absolutely fell in love with Kristy Rice''s work. Added bonus: she''s one of the sweetest people I''ve ever dealt with in my entire life, and people still talk about how gorgeous our invites were! I stressed a lot about a photographer because I can be a little snooty about pictures, but our photographer was FAAAAAAABULOUS (hamletphotography.com) and my only regret with her at all is that she''s booked for my little sister''s wedding date, so she won''t get to work with her, too! I also figured I would love the dress shopping but it wound up being kind of a PITA because so many places only carry a minimal number of dresses over a size 12, so I had a hard time finding a dress that wasn''t a poufy cupcake number! So, to sum up my answer...I think I loved almost all of the planning part, haha!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Favorite decisions, or favorite decision-making processes?

Of all the decisions we made, I feel the most gladness over the officiant, centerpieces and cake that we chose. I''m also beyond happy with my hairstyle and accessories, as well as the choice to put the men in suits instead of tuxes (SOOOOOOOO GLAD we did this!!).

My favorite decision-making processes were the cake (yum yum tastings) and designing the centerpieces with my mom
1.gif

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
My favorites were:

picking the date. It just made it seem so REAL.

picking my dress. I felt like a princess trying all the dresses. And I immediately knew when I found the one.
1.gif
1.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 10:48:48 AM
Author: meresal
HH and kama, I''m so jealous. My response cards are going to be sent to my parents home and I don''t live in their city anymore
39.gif
Can you ask them to mail it to you? It''s sooo nice getting a surprise mail - and especially since everyone so far has inserted a special message for us. It really truly brightens your day! If it wouldn''t be a trouble to your parents, have them mail your mail!
31.gif

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:14:43 PM
Author: kama_s

Date: 4/15/2009 10:48:48 AM
Author: meresal
HH and kama, I''m so jealous. My response cards are going to be sent to my parents home and I don''t live in their city anymore
39.gif
Can you ask them to mail it to you? It''s sooo nice getting a surprise mail - and especially since everyone so far has inserted a special message for us. It really truly brightens your day! If it wouldn''t be a trouble to your parents, have them mail your mail!
31.gif
I agree! We chose a blank response card (which somewhat forces people to write a little note), but it has been so amazing and special to receive everyone''s cards and thoughts. You should definitely see if they can mail them to you!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My favorite choice we made was the venue. I loved that it was outside, at a yacht club. The backdrop of the water was so beautiful! Besides that, I really loved the band we got. They were a jazz/blues band, and the lead singer played the trumpet and sang JUST LIKE Louis Armstrong! It was perfect!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I loved finding the venue. I looked at so many online, you''d think I was looking to live there!
3.gif
Then we actually went there and it was beautiful and perfect, followed by the open house with food tastings (delicious!!!), followed by my parents and FMIL seeing the place and loving the guy who ran it. Ahhh, l''amour. Hehehe!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results