shape
carat
color
clarity

favorite colored stone

Wfpajfad

Rough_Rock
Alexandrite is my favorite stone, but not affordable. So, Chrome (Russian) Diopside is my current favorite.
So what's your favorite stone ?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Ha! I have a new favorite every time I look at a good example of any number of stones. Want a sea-foam tourm badly. Love other colors of tourmaline too. Blue spinels, Montana sapphires, Merelani Mint & tsavorite garnets, yellow sapphires & heliodores, imperial topaz. On & on.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Favorites....

all of them... :shock: Its hard for me to just pick one.

-A

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
favorite? not sure if I have a large enough selection to choose a favorite yet. I love all my gemstones for different reasons, at the moment though I am soooo in love with my zircon- the sparkle and fire of that guy is crazy! :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to love tourmaline, but I can't get into it as much because the RI isn't very high, treatment is not detectable, and it's not a very durable stone. I do love some colors, but I am finding that I'm more and more drawn to spinels as of late since they are always untreated (as far as I know), it's very durable, and very affordable next to it's close counterparts of sapphire and ruby (which are almost always treated). There are also a wide varieties of color to choose from. The only problem with spinels is that they often lack saturation, but a nice one is very very beautiful, and the high RI, great luster and brillance often make up for some of the lower saturations on these gems.

I also love minty garnets, fine Muzo emeralds, neon yellow chrysoberyls, and some fine untreated corundum.

I also love colored diamonds, but who doesn't?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire. Royal blue sapphire. I'm currently debating whether to save up for a sapphire pendant.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Spinel

FCD's!!!

Emeralds

Yummy.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize this may come as a shock, but my favorite colored stone is Fancy Colored Diamond. :lol:
With diamond you not only get mouth-watering body color you get all the colors of the rainbow via the dispersion show exclusive to diamonds.

This Coke-bottle Green and traffic-light-Red freak me out!!! :sun:

Screen shot 2011-06-14 at 9.09.36 AM.png

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Like many of you, I don't have a favorite... all things being equal (which they never are) if I had to choose a gemstone "family" it would probably be sapphires, however recently spinels are a close second... but then I think of some of the other gorgeous stones out there and I can't just pick one.

Turquoise is my favorite "color" if you aren't talking gemstones and there are some incredible "aqua/seafoam/turquoise" stones, but they aren't that easy to come by either.... on the other hand, I'd never say red was one of my favorite colors, but OMG, a beautiful ruby is a sight to behold (even though I don't own one) and I'm told a red spinel is TDF, but I've never seen one in person without a bit of pink or orange.

It would be very tough for me to pick just one.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love tourmaline especially the ones that are mixed blue/green or pink/orange. Wish they were more suitable for rings. ;(

I also like any kind of pink/purple stone.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colored diamonds :love: :love: !

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything bright, neon or colour changes fascinate me.

Alexandrite is, and always has been, my number one love. Their colour is not as spectacular as some other stones but seeing them change and hold colour is like watching a wonder of nature.

Neon Paraiba Tourmalines take my breath away.

Emeralds are gorgeous (but only good ones)!

Purple sapphires - but a specific shade of purple - rock my world!

It's too difficult to pick because as I'm a colour junkie I don't limit myself to just one favourite colour! :lol:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a garnet lover myself!

I think I have over a dozen of them easily...

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1308067002|2945595 said:
I realize this may come as a shock, but my favorite colored stone is Fancy Colored Diamond. :lol:
With diamond you not only get mouth-watering body color you get all the colors of the rainbow via the dispersion show exclusive to diamonds.

This Coke-bottle Green and traffic-light-Red freak me out!!! :sun:

Kenny!!!!

That green is my most favorite!!!!!

All of your colors are amazing, but that green.....

Lori

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Garnets...

I do like a nice Mahenge spinel though...

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
I'm seriously obsessed with Spinels right now and don't see that ending anytime soon. BUT... I do plan on playing with morganite and I bought a really inexpensive 22 carat green amethyst because.... ummm, I don't know why. I just did. 8)

My issue is much like TL's in that I like many stones, but if I can't set it and wear it because it's too delicate (or I'm too rough) then I don't want to get excited about them as I don't wear pendents and hardly ever wear bracelets.

Now I'm wondering if there is already a thread started for great everyday wear colored stones. If not, I might have to make one. :naughty:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexandrites
Demantoids
Sapphires (yes!)
Spinels
I love rubies but from afar...
Garnets with potential...

I am not sure if emeralds are my lucky stones. So I have been avoiding them and do not have a single one that would be really pretty. Maybe one day...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spinels.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Sapphires/Spinels....then Tourmalines

Lori

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Aside from Peridot (which I truly love) I'm currently into and eyeing a blue chalcedony and a sunset/brownish-orangish tourmaline ;))

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
paraiba tourmaline and real imperial topaz..not that yellow/gold/orange crap and luc yen hauyne blue spinel

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Like many others I don't have a 'favorite', though I am currently obsessing over blue-green tourmalines and fine colored tanzanite. One of my favorites in my collection though is my sphalerite. It's big, firey, and I always find myself going back to it on a sunny day! (too bad the nice stones are often too soft for everyday wear!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results