shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorable Exchange Rates For Diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kwilliams

Rough_Rock
Hi. I''m hoping someone can help me. I really want to get a diamond engagement ring for my long-time girlfriend. Money is kind of tight and I don''t qualify for financing. So I want what little money I do have to go a long way. I''ve thought of traveling to another country (I have lots of frequent flier miles) to buy an engagement ring if I could find a country that has high quality diamond rings and an awesome exchange rate. Any ideas as to where this would be? Or if such a place exists? - Kevin

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kevin,

I applaud you decision not to go into debt for jewelry, even if it was forced upon you.

The best deals on diamonds seem to be in the United States. If you're American, this makes it easy. If you're from elsewhere it becomes a little more complicated because of tax and import issues. I wouldn't describe our exchange rate as awsome at the moment but this will depend on where you're coming from. Use you miles for the honeymoon.

Check out the vendors on the front page of Pricescope. There are good deals to be had here.

Neil Beaty GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Why not investigate a non-diamond engagement ring? I'm not an expert but have seen a few posts about using a gemstone instead of diamond as the main stone. You can save allot of money and still have a high quality and beautiful piece.

If you want suggestions along this line, I'd start a new posting with something like "Help - ideas for non-diamond e-ring" for the subject.

edited to add: you could also chose a combination of diamond & gemstone.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I definately recommend you buying in the states. You are from Ohio? There are some nice independent jewelers near your area to check out.
Save your miles for your honeymoon
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results