shape
carat
color
clarity

Favor: Searching for eternity band for Mom

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey PS pals!

I have a (hopefully) brief break from freelance gigs & a bit more time to post. While I was away my mom & I came upon an unbelievably gorgeous lacy micropave cigar band/eternity band with a unique scalloped edge. We would have walked out of the store with it in an instant except that it was several sizes too small. Here's the catch -- the Hong Kong designer won't make the ring in larger than a size eight. My mom needs 9 1/2. SOOOOOOOOOOOO .... we're looking for something JUST like it! I don't have any photos right now & am not sure the store would even let me take some. It was kind of Beverly K meets Cathy Waterman meets Beaudry. SERIOUSLY. I can't find anything even CLOSE to it. Also, the store won't tell me the designer's name. Gahsville. She doesn't even like diamonds so much but this blew us both away. Has anyone seen anything like that description? (Price range 2.5-3K ... maybe more if fab).

I love it so much I almost wanna go back and buy it as a pinkie ring! However, I am not a pinkie ring gal. And I don't think my mom is either or she probably would have already bought it.

Idears? TIps? Beefy finger sympathy? :tongue:

:wavey:
:love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Was it filigree? Can you give us an idea of the width of the band? Was it platinum, rose gold, etc.? Was the band pave? Micropave? Were the diamonds all the way around, halfway around, etc.?

I'm happy to hunt (and DH LOVES for me to spend someone else's money!), but a few more details would help. Off to poke around.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1311720154|2977416 said:
Was it filigree? Can you give us an idea of the width of the band? Was it platinum, rose gold, etc.? Was the band pave? Micropave? Were the diamonds all the way around, halfway around, etc.?

I'm happy to hunt (and DH LOVES for me to spend someone else's money!), but a few more details would help. Off to poke around.

It was white gold ... I think 18K .... eternity ... cigar band style so wide ... almost to the first knuckle. Maybe 3/4 of an inch? I'd guess there were some filigree elements to it -- def lots of tiny tiny stones. But the pattern was semi-floral sort of lacy looking -- but not off centered with leaves and things that look so traditional. This was a very unusual piece in that it was Symmetrical -- like deco things ... but organic and lacy looking like Edwardian or Art Nouveau or something. You couldn't see much skin beneath it - yet it felt airy and delicate. Packed a HUGE punch for the $. We were gobsmacked so it'll be a lot to live up to. (Maybe, like my dear, much longed for Cartier Inde Mysterieuse small motif studs - nothing else will do?).

Thanks for playing along!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh drat bigdiamondtinygal...another vendor I love! Wow, Philip Press jewelry is gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results