shape
carat
color
clarity

Favor help...Opinions needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
This is a "vintage" runner I bought on ebay. I''m not sure how it will be used, but I love the white on blue!

11_1.jpeg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to use these clasps to make either necklaces or bracelets my BMs. The coolest part about them is that they are made by a studio in Asheville! How perfect!

sc-7xbird.jpeg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Of course, if I get lazy, I may just go with these I found on etsy:

etsy bird pendant.jpeg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
another super-cute etsy find for a possible BM gift:

etsy bird wallet.jpeg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve also been on the lookout for vinage blue enamel bird brooches similar to this one. I was thinking I would use them on the bouquets, then the girls could keep them... Can you tell I have been overly focused on jewelry lately?!
2.gif

enamel bluebird.jpeg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow. i love all of your finds! i so want to go to your wedding!!!!! it''s going to be so amazing and memorable!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure what the cake is going to look like yet, but here are some bird-related cakes for you, in case you have not already seen them:

nest cake.jpeg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Awww...Thanks, Jcrow!
emembarrassed.gif

I consider that high praise indeed, coming from you! Your wedding was so beautiful!

Here''s another cake:

bid cake.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Last cake...I am so glad that one of the bloggers on Weddingbee is less lazy than me and scanned this in!

w731094.jpeg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well, thank you!! what a compliment!

hey, how are your invites coming along? i''m guessing you''re way past it but i don''t remember seeing the outcome.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hehe. i was wondering if you saw that red/white bird cake posted. i''m sure it''d be lovely in your colors!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 8:13:49 PM
Author: fatafelice
Last cake...I am so glad that one of the bloggers on Weddingbee is less lazy than me and scanned this in!
Wow, this cake is absolutely amazing and would look awesome in robbins egg blue as well!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I *just* got an email from the stationer telling me that she expects to receive the invites from the printer this week!!!!!! I am so incredibly excited!

And I love that cake, but I don''t want fondant, so I am not sure it would work as well. I am actually hoping to have a chocolate-iced cake, but I don''t know yet whether or not Deerapark will do it. We shall see...

E B

Ideal_Rock
I JUST now saw this post again and am drooling over those cakes! So, so gorgeous (especially that last one!). I also love the table runner, and the pottery, and stamped bird necklace from etsy, and those clasps you have for your BMs! Basically everything. You have fabulous taste.

No worries about the bird nests! Just let me know when they're safe and sound at your house.
2.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Ebree! You should post some of your stuff, too!

I heard back from the caterer today, and they can do a chocolate buttercream, so I am definitely going with that! Yum! I think it will have branches/leaves up the sides and a nest on top.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I don't have much in the way of bird decorations except for the invitations, but the design is in pieces. I've yet to put it all together, but when I do, I'll post it!

Oh, and for our cake, we're going simple. This cake (that I poorly 'painted' cake jewels off of):

ebreecake.jpg

With these 2 little gum paste birds from Wendy Kromer (www.wendykromer.com) as the cake topper.

sugarsongbirds.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m also going to order this little guy for my bouquet (from www.whiteaisle.com):

hummingbird4bouquet.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is what he''ll look like in my bouquet (without all the pink)

hummingbirdbouq.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree: I love those Wendy Kromer birds! So cute! And the little hummingbird is really sweet -- it will look great in your bouquet. What invites did you decide to go with? (forgive me if you have already posted and I forgot/missed it!)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 10:17:52 PM
Author: fatafelice
Ebree: I love those Wendy Kromer birds! So cute! And the little hummingbird is really sweet -- it will look great in your bouquet. What invites did you decide to go with? (forgive me if you have already posted and I forgot/missed it!)

Aren''t they adorable? I found these cute porcelain birds online that I was going to use, but they''re vintage and I have no idea if they have lead in them. I then just decided to go for Wendy''s birds, for safety reasons.

As for the invitations, we''re actually making them ourselves. I found several bird themed invitations I loved, but they were all out of budget.

I''ll see if I can tweak it enough to post an idea of the design soon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results