shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Nail Polishes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 coats of OPI It''s My Prague-ative

IMG_4092 (Small).JPG

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve had this one for a while, but never used it much until all the talk about dark polishes came up. I tried it again and I LOVE it!

2 coats of Cover Girl Nailslicks Cherry Brandy

IMG_4126 (Small).JPG

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I was at the store looking at colors (planning my online purchases...
3.gif
) the sales gal let me try some colors on a piece of tape, so I kept the tape! Left to Right (2 coats of each): Essie Clutch Me If You Can, Essie Wicked, Essie Sassy Satchel, OPI That''s an "El" of a Color, OPI Smokin'' in Havana, OPI All Laquered Up, OPI Oh to Be 25 Again, OPI It''s a Doozi, Says Suzi

OPI''s Doozi and Essie Clutch look very similar actually. And Essie Clutch, Wicked, and Sassy all look the same in the bottle but are VERY different on the tape. I really like Sassy Satchel, so that''ll definitely be on my next purchase. I really like OPI "El" as well - a beautiful shimmering brick red, but not at all bright - just gorgeous! I like Havana, but it doesn''t like me - doesn''t look so good on my skin tone. And OPI Laquered looks like a slightly lighter version of 25 Again. I put Wicked on my hands last night (still getting used to it!) so I''ll let you know later what I think of it.

IMG_4341 (Medium).JPG

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I really like 25 again!! I friend of mine had that on her nails when she got a mani and it looked awesome. I think I might make a note to add that in my next nail polish purchase. I keep putting on my Mrs. O''leary''s BBQ from OPI. I just love it. I did do a french last week and used Mademoiselle and that turned out great as well.

What other sheer colors are good for a french? Can you use Pink Glove Service?

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Update on Espresso Your Style...

I''ve been a devotee of Essie Wicked for over a year now. I tried Espresso Your Style for the first time and I really love it! I think it is lasting longer than Wicked, too!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to add that I''ve found a great polish remover that will take away the Wicked and the Espresso without leaving those bothersome, streaky stains. It''s called Adios by Gena and I believe it''s available at most large beauty supply stores. (I purchased the pink one with acetone)

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
quick question for those who have ordered from 8ty8beauty, when do you find out how much shipping is? It says they dont'' calculate it when you order. Do you get an e-mail later letting you know what your total is?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 5:57:28 PM
Author: diamondsrock
quick question for those who have ordered from 8ty8beauty, when do you find out how much shipping is? It says they dont'' calculate it when you order. Do you get an e-mail later letting you know what your total is?
I panicked when I realized that shipping charges weren''t included and called them right away. It was $7 to ship to SO CA. I ordered 5 polishes and quite a few other things. Shipping charges depend on the size of the box.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 5:57:28 PM
You can also email with what you''re buying and ask for a shipping quote before you place your order. They seem to be pretty good about answering. The other advantage is that you can find out it anything is out of stock and substitute something else if you want (I just had that happen). Last time I ordered from them I was told that shipping up to 2 lbs (that''s a lot of nail polish!) would still be $7. Hope that helps!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Last night hubby and I went to the auto show, and while I did like checking out the cars (Jaguar XK? Audi Q7? YES PLEASE!!), I was more into the colors, looking at the metallic deep wines and browns, thinking, "This would be a great nail polish color" and "That sort of looks like what's on my toes now ... "

I'm such a chick
9.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lordy, now I am in for it! As a nail polish junkie, how did I not see this thread?

I have too many nail polish bottles, because I used to be a nail biter as a teen. My mother bought me tons and tons of nail polish to help me stop and now I''m hooked!

I am definitely going to have to try Essie''s Wicked.

As an olive toned female, my top favorites are:

Essie Mademoiselle, Nude Beach (pink shimmer with a hint of green, if you can believe it), Marshmallow
OPI Malaysian Mist (So beautiful! It''s like a slightly opaque lilac-y pink.)

Chanel nailpolishes in my opinion are the best -- they have the consistency of Essie, but stay on FOREVER. The quality is dynamite. The polishes glimmer because everything is so finely processed.

Chanel colors: Shanghai Red, Natural Pink (more beige, IMO), Lilac Sky (sheer shimmer!)

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 9:09:40 AM
Author: ellaila
Last night hubby and I went to the auto show, and while I did like checking out the cars (Jaguar XK? Audi Q7? YES PLEASE!!), I was more into the colors, looking at the metallic deep wines and browns, thinking, ''This would be a great nail polish color'' and ''That sort of looks like what''s on my toes now ... ''

I''m such a chick
9.gif
I do that with cars all the time! Too funny.
9.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
christa, did you receive the bogota blackberry and did you like it? I remember earlier you said you were getting it.

Thank you for the info. on shipping with 8ty8beauty. I placed an order yesterday and asked that they e-mail me with the shipping amount. They do have a great selection.

I was doing a search for that company and came across an Australian Vogue forum on nail polish - 130 pages long!!!
emdgust.gif
I thought this thread was long!!!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 3:18:04 PM
christa, did you receive the bogota blackberry and did you like it? I remember earlier you said you were getting it.

Thank you for the info. on shipping with 8ty8beauty. I placed an order yesterday and asked that they e-mail me with the shipping amount. They do have a great selection.

I was doing a search for that company and came across an Australian Vogue forum on nail polish - 130 pages long!!!
emdgust.gif
I thought this thread was long!!!
Yes, I got it--it''s brighter than I expected, but it''s a beautiful color if you like that kind of thing. The best way I can describe the color is that it''s like when there''s a thin layer of blackberry jam on the side of the jar so that the light comes through it--more pink than purple, but not a garish pink at all, and with a noticeable shimmer to it.

One of my favorite looks recently was one coat of Bogota layered over Orly Perfectly Plum (a dark purple-y creme). Super yummy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bogota Blackberry is actually one of my faves. Gorge!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 4:25:09 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Bogota Blackberry is actually one of my faves. Gorge!
I agree, though it may not be everyone''s favorite. It''s a great pedi color.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also just got OPI''s Marquise D''Mauve, though the name doesn''t seem to fit the color. It''s more of a pearly orange pink brown. Very pretty nail color for fall.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bobbi Brown has a STUNNING dark color called Velvet, in a small bottle, which is nice because mostly my polishes go gunky before I use them and thinner tends to change the color a bit...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2006 5:34:39 PM
Author: diamondfan
Bobbi Brown has a STUNNING dark color called Velvet, in a small bottle, which is nice because mostly my polishes go gunky before I use them and thinner tends to change the color a bit...
LOL, I was thinking about how mine do the same thing when I was buying all my Essie polishes online! "Gee, wonder if I will even get through 1/4 of a bottle out of these 7 colors before they turn into goo?"
9.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Just to be more of an enabler....

I was at the Bobbi Brown counter on Saturday morning and noticed a very nice pale pink color on the make-up artist. It was Bobbi Brown's "Tutu". So pretty! Unfortunately, they were sold out so I was not able to pick up a bottle, but I did order one on-line.

I doubt if I'll wear it too soon, though, because I'm in a serious Wicked/Espresso-wearing phase.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Giada, I know me too. Dark polishes are soooo my thing this fall and winter. I love seeing other girls with them on too. hehee.

Oh and funny, I don''t know if I posted this before, but does anyone get a total shock when you go get a mani pedi and they clean off your nails and suddenly they are so white looking and bland and NATURAL?!?!!?! It''s like someone else''s foot or hand! I had this experience last week when I got a mani pedi. Then when they repainted my nails the dark color it was like a shock all over again. Kinda fun. I never knew what I was missing with the pale pinks!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Totally, Mara! I''m starting to worry that I''ll have a hard time going back to pastels in the spring--every time I try to do a lighter color it just bores me to death and I end up taking it off within a day or two and going back to a nice dark brown/red/plum shade.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giada, look at Velvet by Bobbi, it is really pretty and has that dark quality to it...

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I wore Wicked and Vamp a lot last Fall/Winter (those Uma Thurman Louis Vuitton ads inspired me) and it was very hard to go back to the pale pinks, especially on the toes in the Spring. But after a couple weeks, you get used to it again.

DF, I''ll have to look for the Velvet NP the next time I''m at the Bobbi Brown counter. I just checked on-line and it looks like the Velvet is sold out there. Bummer...

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Here''s Wicked with the flash...it looks almost deep, blood red. My ring is terribly blurry in this pic, but you can see the polish clearly!

(I was uploading pics from the weekend and couldn''t resist)

Giada Wicked.JPG

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I love OPI Malaga Wine. I carry my own bottle with me to the salon (to make sure that they have it, and it is good to have for little touch ups between pedicures!) - often people will stop and ask what color is being placed on my feet. It is a nice deep red, a nice fall color (although I wear it all other seasons too!!)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giada, I love it on you but it looked blacker on me. Velvet by Bobbi Brown is pretty and I hope will not have the black tinge to it, but boy I love it on you in the picture!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oh Giada, wicked looks fab in that pic! When it is next to the black like that you can really see it is a red....a very deep dark red, but red nonetheless.
30.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

Wicked can look a little blackish if you apply two thick coats. I use a pretty thin base coat, then apply two thin coats of Wicked to get a more "red" look. Sometimes I actually like the "almost black" look, though. (a la Nicole Richie)

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...so I finally went to buy nail polishes today (damn all you enablers)...and Wicked is out of stock!!!! Can someone recommend another Essie color that''s similar? Is Hot Commodity similar? I''m buying Swing Velvet but that''s got some shimmer and I''m looking for something matte. Thanks!!

Oh I''m also buying
6.gif
6.gif

Mademoiselle
Room with a view
Plumberry (great summer toes color)
I''m not really a waitress
Creative Stickey base coat
Seche Vite fast dry top coat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results