shape
carat
color
clarity

Fav PS ring that IS your style, Fav PS rings that aren''t.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought about putting this on SMTR, but since it's more a "game", I thought I'd post it here.

Anyone up for this? Post a pic of your e-ring, then post a pic of your favorite rings that ARE you style and your fav rings that normally aren't your style.

To find out how to do multiple posts in a thread (easy to drag and drop existing PS pics), click here

OK, I'll start...

I'm a modern kinda girl. Simple solitaire, straight sleek lines and no frills. My e-ring - a 1.03 cushion in a Jeff Cooper setting

IMG_0138a.jpg
IMG_0139a.jpg

My fav ring right now that IS my style (I know there are more, but this is the one I just puffy heart right now) is Ellen's new Leon Aqua..

Aqua7233.JPG

Two of my fav rings that are not my style is:

The LOVEY. I'm not an asscher or a halo or a pave girl, but I have loved this ring for a long time and it ALMOST convinced me to get a halo...

lovey4a.jpg

And Surfgirl's ring. Romantic, Classic, Timeless.

[ image removed by request from original owner - Admin]

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'll play...

My e-ring:

pandora%20049.jpg

My Favourite Rings - that I would happily wear! There are loads of beautiful ones, but these are two that will forever be in my memory!

First, the 'Pokey Special' where I first realised the beauty of tsavorites...

2111-A.JPG

Secondly, the ring I covet more than any other on this forum...

Surfgirl's AMAZING Transitional:

My Favourite Ring that isn't my taste, but I think it's FABULOUS:

Movie Zombie's Spess:

AMM%20Photos%201718.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, Movie Zombie''s was next on my list too...I couldn''t figure out if it was my style or not though...all I know is I love it and would definitely wear that ring!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, this is fun, but I gotta think about it a bit! And thank you Tgal, my ring thanks you also.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring, totally me. Simple, modest solitaire. Vatche X-Prong with a 1.40.

NWR4871.JPG

NWR4981.JPG

Gosh, there are so many beautiful, simple solitaires, it''s hard to pin one down. But Alleyoop''s 2ct. in the WF Legato does make me swoon. Love that band with it too.
30.gif

watersset4_s.jpg

Rings I covet, but aren''t my style. Tgal, I''m with you on Lovey''s ring, and that pic says it all, not gonna pull another one. Lord that''s stunning. If I ever win the lottery....

lovey4a.jpg

And the other goes to the ring I constantly gush about, Eva''s Radiant.
30.gif

radiant22.jpg

roseshot.jpg

Last one, too pretty not to post.

whiteflower.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow... this is tough. There are so many unbelievably beautiful rings on PS. I'm sure I'll be replying a few times (I have 114 more pages of eye candy to peruse), but for starters....

This ring is definitely up my alley:

kellyfish's Asscher cut 2ct K VS1 in Singlestone setting

kellyfishreset1.jpg

kellyfish%20reset%205.jpg

Not what I think of as my style, but what a gorgeous ring!

Giselle's Pink Champagne radiant from 23rd Street Jewelers

gisellepink12345.jpg

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a digital camera but wanted to say, Ellen, your aqua ring is head and shoulders above - the best ring on this site by far IMO. The way the stone is cut and the setting you have it in is utter perfection.

And Surfgirl''s is my favorite diamond one as well. I just got a very similar ring (with a diamond much like hers).

as for ones of a style I don''t personally go for but really admired, that 7 ct. eternity ring up thread. Normazlly I don''t like big bling like that but that one is quite tasteful looking.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
trader, oh my gosh, what a compliment!! Wow, I don''t know what to say, except thank you!!
5.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fran Fine''s AMAZING emerald in a Leon Mege setting... absolutely my style.

darkshadow.jpg

sidetable.jpg

I''m not generally into ovals, but Kaleigh''s with half-moons is to-die-for!

kov11.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Oh, this is fun! It''s going to be really hard to choose, though!

Here is mine:
nkering1.JPG

I LOOOVE Neatfreak''s E/W bezeled cushion:
3869473.jpg

And Scarlet16''s beautiful E/W cushion on single-cut pave band (can you tell cushions are my second favorite shape? :)
PurpleSparkleonhandny.JPG

And while I''m usually not a halo kind of girl, I love Gypsy''s single cut halo
Gypsy%20New%20Halo%20Orchid.jpg

I would definitely put Surfgirl''s ring in here as well, but it''s been posted. And Ellen''s recut aqua is So, SO stunning!! It''s a favorite of mine as well!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
NEL, thank you! And that shot of Gypsy''s ring, yummm! There really are so many stunning rings on here, I too could probably fill pages.
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Musey, I wasn''t a fan of ovals until recently. I adore your ring. I also love Reena''s ring, haven''t seen that in ages

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
Musey's ring. Seriously--absolutely stunning and made me really appreciate asschers. Other favorites that are my style are JadeLeaves' gorgeous MWM set and Surfgirl's gorgeous ring. (Yes, my style has many facets...I just like sparklies!)

I also have to second NewEnglandLady on Gypsy's ring...I'm not a big halo fan usually, but that is beautiful.

Really, it's so hard to choose. I'm an equal opportunity sparkly enthusiast--I love everyone's bling!

ETA: Pun totally not intended with the facets comment--I just reread my post and groaned myself!
20.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how amazing to see my ring posted on here, and I'm blushing from the compliments. THANK YOU SO MUCH NEL and LadyP and Ellen!!

Okay, well, mine is posted so I'm not gonna repost it. But I want to play too!

My style is all over the place (which explains the 4 year setting hunt). And I'm going to limit myself to rings that I consider engagement ring types (although some of them aren't the owner's engagement ring). Because if went into RHR that are my style I'd be posting pics for days.

I've discovered that simple fancy cuts or older cut rounds with sidestones or if they are huge like Boston Jeff's solitares are my "real" taste. Which is why my setting is trying to imitate a large solitare look with the halo and stone as the 'solitare" trying to mimic a larger stone. Oddly enough, while I love many of the three stone asschers, and asschers with sidestones on here (MANY OF THEM-- including NEL's and LadyA's) They aren't my style, because they don't look right on my hand.

I LOVE Kaliegh's 3 stone oval. It would be my top contender for an alternate ring.

kov11.JPG

And Surfgirl's amazing one of a kind is also right at the top of my list. That one is already posted as well but I wanted to add my favorite photo of it to the thread.

And Boston Jeff's Cushion Solitare

IMG_080.jpg

Rings that I LOVE, but aren't my style are:

Lovey's already posted three sided Leon Pave.

And MrsSalvo's Daniel K ... I ADORE this ring. ADORE IT.

mrssdk1.jpg

Reena's Leon (already posted) with the bubbles on the side is another all time favorite that is, unfortunately, not my style. I generally can't pull off three sided pave. I'd LOVE TO be able too, but with the way I wear my rings, I'd have stones busted up left and right. Even as a RHR I don't think I can pull it off.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL SDL, you are so enthusiastic, as always. But tell us, which is your style and which not?
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 11:07:07 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 6/11/2008 10:59:51 PM
Author: TravelingGal
LOL SDL, you are so enthusiastic, as always. But tell us, which is your style and which not?
2.gif
I uh.. love them all. I dont have one I dislike wholeheartedly.. and.. even if I did, I wouldn''t say cause, well.. I don''t like to hurt anyone''s feelings and I might if I said I dont care for blankity-blank.. yanno?

Soooo.. yeah.
2.gif

I have to admit though.. after my time here, my favorite to date is a fat ol'' round (or oec) in a solitaire setting.. (preferably MM or Leon I think!)
Hehe, sweet as always.

I''m asking about style though...not what you don''t like (goodness, I''d never ask that on PS!). I think all of us have our own style, but can totally appreciate and think rings are beautiful which aren''t our style. I am hoping that doesn''t offend anyone! And when I say, I love them even though they aren''t my style...I don''t mean "that''s not my style, I''d never wear it." I mean, "WOW! I never would have shopped for something like that, but now that I''ve seen it, I would TOTALLY wear that if I could pull it off!"

Hope that makes sense!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll have to think about the first category, but Tacori's "Tessa" ring is hands down my favourite ring that isn't my usualy style.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I'm boring.

My style:
ForteKitty's Oval
outside%20oval%202.jpg

And jesiccam's sapphire oval 3 stone. (I'm so not a 3 stone kind of girl, but I LOVE this ring! Mostly because of the color of the sapphire...)
My%20Collection%20Jess%202007%20009.jpg

And neli's Oval solitaire
IMG_13722.jpg

And surprisingly JCJD's pear
JCJDpear4.jpg

My dream ring is Divergent Reality's fiance's (or soon to be fiance!)
ringindirtsmall_.jpg

They are totally not my style but I also love musey's and surfgirl's. And I am so not a pave girl, but I also love gisellem's bandaid colored radiant in rose gold. Wowza. Gosh there are a lot that I love the look of, but they just aren't me and I don't think I could get away with wearing them...

reader

Brilliant_Rock
This is mine, and the ring that is ''more my style'' is Crookedrock''s one. The ring that I don''t associate with my style but dearly love is Laurenthepartier''s

f1e885e4 (2).jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
SDL, here''s a pic of Researchers with her spacer and w/b

Po-Researcher.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
My 0.5ct EC ering with 1.75ct wb

Po4Shinee.jpg

Lady Amythysts and Snoopers rings I adore.............this was difficult cos I love so many rings on here

Po-LadyAmythyst69.jpg
Po-Snooper%202.jpg

This makes me weak at the knees Ellen, its just so....sooo........well you guys know

Aqua7831.JPG

I'm a step cut gal, but I just love Harriets Leon, its gorgeous, so classic and simple but wow!!!

hlm7harriet.jpg

And DiDiamonds pear was unbelievable

attachment1.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you po!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is waaaay too hard!

My rings are in my avatar, round in a Leon solitaire with Tiffany Legacy band

These are off the top of my head...mostly either simple and elegant or antique styles...I am sure I am leaving out a LOT, though! Too many to post pictures!

favorite asschers or square cuts: Ellen''s aqua, Gypsy''s, Musey''s

Emerald cuts: Diamondfan''s Tiffany, Fran Fine''s Leon, Tacori''s Tacori

Cushions: Mrs. Salvo''s DK, Boston Jeff''s Leon

Favorite round settings: all Leon solitaire settings, all WF Legato Sleek Line settings, LynnB''s, Lisa''s round with pears from Tiffany and the ones made by Leon, Surfgirl''s and all other antique style stones, all Van Craeynest

Xray Doc and Orange Horse Fiance had some of my favorites, too, and I think one was cushion and one was asscher, maybe. I love Widget and Art Nouveau''s collections, too!

I''ll have to really think about my favorite ring that is not my style.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring and set.

original.aspx

I LOVE Neatfreak''s new E/W bezel, totally my style!

3869473.jpg

Of course, Musey and Gypsy''s gorgeous Asschers - both amazing iterations of gorgeous Asschers!

NEL''s ring, because I love how unique it is, but still looks classic and modern at the same time.

ncwdbands2.jpg

I''m also in love with BECG''s Asscher! Again, my style because of the Asscher.

pearl%209.jpg

Not my style, but the ones I love, are definitely Kaleigh''s Oval - and I love Harriet''s Leon!

Coatimundi''s Oval with kites!

IMG_3840.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ack! I wanna play but I don't have time to find all the pix I'd want to post. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll update this later.

MY STYLE:
Surfgirl's gorge confection (geez -- almost a consensus huh??)
Tacori's Tessa Ring
3+ct L/M color East/West Cushion in a Leon pave setting (owner escapes me -- not a regular)
Lauren's white sapphire asscher eternity band
Iwannaprettyone's engraved deliciousness
Everyone's Cartier Tri-Color rolling rings
3.gif

NOT "MY STYLE" BUT I WANT THEM ANYWAY
KittenKat's Cotton Candy Halo
Pokey Special
Widget's Asscher three-stone

And MY E-RING is ....

5miniredeco51.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
ooohh sooooo fun!

Let me see... Love LynnB''s Fishtail Pave (the stone is fabolous too)
Maras beauty

TheReset15.jpg

Maras beauty...
36.gif

anniversary%20gift%2007%20h.jpg
liljlj

Love in Blooms Van Craeynest
30.gif

VCringsSM02.jpg

Not my style but gorgeous...Mrs. Salvo'' Daniel K *swoon*

mrssdk1.jpg

Addlepated
30.gif

addfaceonbox.jpg

loves vintage.

blue%20oec%20one.JPG

Posh Pepper
30.gif
31.gif

all.together.03.JPG

There are soosoooooo many I love love love. Thanks for letting me play
35.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
My set (whenever BF proposes!) will be a Leon solitaire, modified to be flush-fit, with a plain platinum band. So obviously I love all the Leon solitaires on here, and I also love the MWM solitaires. If I had to pick one above all others it would be Harriet's
30.gif

Rings that are my style that I love - Ellen's Aqua, TravelingGal's Jeff Cooper, but most of all Ellen's X-Prong
30.gif

NWR4981.JPG

Of course, who doesn't love Surfgirl's gorgeous OEC? I drool over every picture
30.gif
Sadly for me, everything but a solitaire looks decidedly odd on my hand (whyyyy???
39.gif
)

The set that is not my style but that I absolutely love is Tacori E-ring's
30.gif

Tacori_set5-2-2.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Wow!Ive looked at all the posts in this thread and ive liked every single ring...either im just easy to please or the forum members have great taste in rings!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Po and Delster,
I''m flattered.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how I could miss neatfreak''s sapphire. I could totally rock it!!!
P10345310400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results