shape
carat
color
clarity

Faux pearls for summer

empliau

Shiny_Rock
So I really should have been more careful about sunblock before. Mea culpa. I have so many sunspots that it's not even funny.

I had a laser treatment to make my neck and chest less spotty and now must be religious about lots of sunblock till the rest of time or death, whichever comes first.

But winter in this hemisphere will end sometime, and turtlenecks will give way to open collars and dresses. Since I love pearls, I'd like a nice faux necklace - I know I wouldn't clean my akoyas properly after taking them off, and I dread the effects of sunblock on them. I want a nice looking strand or even rope that I won't worry about.

There are some nice ones on Etsy that are vintage, but my tastes run more to pinkish or white, and so many vintage pearls are champagne or cream. Also I could get some Swarovski-like beads and have one made.

From other faux fanciers, what sources do you recommend? Vintage or newish?

Many thanks!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also look for Swarovski pearl beads from beading/jewellery suppliers.

They are good quality faux pearls - I would consider getting them instead of spending lots of money on a strand of mirror looking top quality Akoyas! :lol-2:

DK :))

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Also look for Swarovski pearl beads from beading/jewellery suppliers.

They are good quality faux pearls - I would consider getting them instead of spending lots of money on a strand of mirror looking top quality Akoyas! :lol-2:

Thanks - I've never seen the Swarovski in real life but in photos they're pretty!

The advantage is I suppose that I could choose my length, color, style etc.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks - I've never seen the Swarovski in real life but in photos they're pretty!

The advantage is I suppose that I could choose my length, color, style etc.

Where are you based?

Try sourcing them from https://www.bellafindings.com/ - they are based in Los Angeles and ships international.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Where are you based?

Try sourcing them from https://www.bellafindings.com/ - they are based in Los Angeles and ships international.

I'm in the US, but it looks like bellafindings is out of Swarovski pearls. At least the white and cream ones. Various etsy sellers claim to have them.

I found an absolute (it seems) dream of a place in the UK, but they don't ship to the US. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swarovski stopped selling their crystal elements (including their crystal pearls) a few years ago. I believe this was to keep their products more high end rather than crafter-level. Some Etsy sellers are selling old stock. But I have to say I don't find that Swarovski pearls look real. Also as their bead is crystal (which is heavier than regular non-lead glass) they are a heavier pearl to wear.

I have a different suggestion: buy an inexpensive freshwater strand, then go ahead and wear your sunscreen with the pearls. If you string them onto synthetic thread (Power Pro or Serafil / Beader's Secret) you can even wash the pearls. Check out what WenPearls has on Etsy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in the US, but it looks like bellafindings is out of Swarovski pearls. At least the white and cream ones. Various etsy sellers claim to have them.

I found an absolute (it seems) dream of a place in the UK, but they don't ship to the US. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

i thought that Swarovski pearls are now only available from Swarovski or Swarovski offical sellers ?
this happened or this is what i heard about 2 months before i was ready to buy some

i second the Wen pearls route, they are very well priced and the shipping is fast and reliable and free when over US $35
i was just saying on another thread you can have a lot of fun with Wen Pearls
you do get what you pay for but if you are fussy only buy her AAA grade and buy double so you can pick out the best ones

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results