shape
carat
color
clarity

Father-in-law has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Ally, I am so sorry for you and your FI. What an amazing and strong man your FIL was--you and your FI (and family) are all in my thoughts.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally sweetheart,

I am so desperately sorry to hear this very sad news. Please know you, your FIL and the family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
So sorry for your loss, there were tears in my eyes as I read this, DH had similar situation when he lost his father, everyone gathered around to say goodbye. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Awh Ally, I am so sorry.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry to hear your loss, hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh ally, I''m so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies for you and your family.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Ally I am very sorry for you and your FI''s loss. Reading what you wrote brought tears to my eyes. I am happy that you and FI both got to speak to him before he passed. Always remember what he told the 2 of you. You are in my thoughts.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear this, Ally. You have been through a lot these past few months. Sending hugs and prayers for you and your fiance.
emrose.gif

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
oh, i am so sorry. i pray you will be surrounded by lovely memories as you all grieve and heal.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Aw sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally, I''m so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your FI and his family at this difficult time.

It sounds like your FIL had a beautiful spirit, and I think you are right to be comforted by his love of you, as he was surely comforted knowing that his son would have a loving wife and lifetime companion.

((HUGE HUGS))

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ally, Im so very sorry for you loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Ally, thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you and HockeyGuy. I''m so sorry for your loss, but how wonderful that he was able to tell you how much he loved you. Often we are not lucky enough to know without certainty what a departed loved one felt for us, and I hope you are able to hold on to that in the months and years to come.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Dear ally, my condolescences to you, M and the entire family. It really sounds like he was a wonderful man and he loved his family (including you) very much. My prayers are with you in this difficult time.
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry for your loss, ally.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His words will become even more precious to you as time goes by - what a gift that he was able to share that sentiment with you.

Prayers of peace to you and yours at this time - I am very sorry for your loss ~

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I am very sorry for your loss Allycat and Hockey Guy. You both have been through so much lately.
I hope things get better.
Wishing you peace.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/14/2009 1:28:33 PM
Author:allycat0303

I wanted to tell all of you because you have been my virtual support system. Yesterday morning, he had a terrible pain, and we discovered that the spleen had torn (it was very distended from the cancerous cells). At that point, the only option was medical treatment, and keep him comfortable. He passed away this morning at 11:43, with his immediate family all around him, and some of his brothers in the room nearby.

On one hand, it went so fast, and on the other hand, the last few hours were agonizing for my fiance and his family, because every breath, we thought it was the last. But they were all there until the very end.

They talked all night, my fiance and his father. And yesterday, when I saw him (he was still conscious) he told me that he loved me, and that we would have beautiful children together. He told my fiance that he wanted us to get married, and that he would be there to watch over us. This morning, he was starting to lose consciousness, but when I came he opened his eyes briefly and said ''Ma belle Alice'' it was such a horrible effort, and it makes me cry, because he always, always said that to me.

I feel so comforted by the fact that I know he loved me, and that he approved of the choice his son made.

What a sad and beautiful posting, Ally. I lost my mother, whom I adored, within the past year. Watching someone you love slowly suffer and die is terrible. It is wonderful when you can at least remember that you and the person you lost have told each other many, many times that you loved each other. I take comfort from knowing that I told my mother I loved her on every occasion that I could. I hope that your memories of your father-in-law sustain you.

With love,
Deborah
34.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your FIL.
8.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Condolences to you and your family on your loss.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ally, we are deeply saddened for your loss. May you both cherish the times you had with him and I do believe he will be watching over you as you marry.

Sending hugs

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Deares ally, my condolescences to you and your fiance and his family. Your father in law sounds like a special person to have made such a connection with you as you too must be such an amazing and special person to engender such care and thoughts.
Take care

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Ally and HG I am so sad and sorry for both of your loss, sending you my deepest condolences and prayers for you all. *BIG HUGS* to you both.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
So sorry, Ally & HG. My thoughts are with you both and your family.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Ally I am so sorry for your (and your FI''s) loss
7.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your loss! I know that he has been in quite a bit of pain... At least he is not suffering anymore. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
im so sorry allycat, my thoughts are with you and your family, and im so glad you were all there with him when he passed. many *hugs*...

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry, ally. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thoughts and prayers continue Ally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results