shape
carat
color
clarity

Father Gift - Stumped- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Help! I am completely at a loss here!

I can''t find an appropriate gift for my father. I want a keepsake, something he will like and use. He''s a hard rock guy - not mushy or really sentimental, but is an exec is a bio-tech engineering company by. I still want it to be something special.

My father really didn''t raise me, our relationship has only recently been renewed. He lives cross-country, so that makes it difficult. However he is travelling in for the wedding and IS walking me down the aisle. So this was important to get something that he would use and remember the day by..............

Any ideas anyone? I''ve looked at all the personalized stuff and it didn''t seem to fit. I don''t want cheesy or too mushy........ hmmm.....

Everyone else is done. He does like art and nature. So I have looked at one of a kind sculptures and stuff like that, but its hard!!!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
how about cufflinks? You can have something engraved on it or a cigar cutter if he smokes....

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I looked at cufflinks.... he likes gold, not silver......... couldn''t really find anything w/o going really expensive. I dont believe he does the cigar thing.

See what I mean hard! But thanks so much!

What did everyone else do?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A framed photo of the just the two of you at the wedding? You can give the frame with a "picture to come" note.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could you get him a watch or something like that?

ETA-or seeing as he likes art, could you get him a nice painting or something similar?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of a framed photo. Or maybe a small album? Something so that he can feel connected to you even though he lives far away - photos are fairly universal, and if its a tasteful photo and frame, he could display it in his office to remind him of you and of your wedding
1.gif

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whenever I''m in doubt about a gift for dad, which is always because he is the man who has everything...I hit the local antique shops or the antique mall. I''m always sure to find something there. The gift is always eclectic, yet has meaning, and it always has history behind it. The perk is that the shopping experience is so completely dreamy.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I got my Daddy gold Father of the Bride cufflinks to wear for our wedding day. They were relatively cheap (I think they are actually chrome) but I figure he''s only going to wear them once and he will really get a kick out of them.

I got them from Absolute cufflinks in Australia.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I had no idea we''re supposed to get our parents presents.
33.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
framed photo (:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results