shape
carat
color
clarity

Fat Tire Thread so we Stop Threadjacking Smurfyimproved!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t want to post pics on poor smurfyimproved''s thread. She is going through some rough stuff right now. Glad your fiance'' is ok. Things will get better promise...

Ok so Charbie you can get Fat Tire in Indiana now, not sure if that''s closer then Chicago for you, it is for us. That''s so funny. I thought my fiance'' and I were the only ones who drove to Chicago for beer. LOL Anyway here are some pics. We have Fat Tire on draft right now and also Oberon but we really don''t touch the Oberon. Not sure why we got it. If we have Fat Tire, that''s all we drink. We are trying to figure out a way to bring it with us to Jamaica for when we get married. Doubt we''ll be able to, but it''d be cool to have a case or something there.

GetAttachment.aspx_2.jpeg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i bet if i had one of those babies on my fridge id be feelin pretty good right about now lol

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Girlie if you lived by me, you could come on over!!!! LOL

I should probably add this isn''t our only fridge. LOL it was the old one that came with our house. This baby is in our computer room...

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I love that you have the Fat Tire tap. WONDERFUL!

I wasn't going to register but maybe I could get one of these as a wedding present. This is better than the ring-**** on here. Beer ****, yeah!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
hahaha nkarma... you said it!!!! LOL that''s hilarious. I love beer way more then jewelry.

We have the Fat Tire glasses too.

My all time favorite glasses are the ones from Sam Adams though.

Wow, I just realized this is soooo not wedding related. I wonder if I''m going to get booted!!! LOL

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I''ll take the Oberon!
2.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
am I considered a perv if I think your tap kind of sort of looks like a male appendage that starts with pe and ends with nis?
27.gif
12.gif

I am in MN and we have fat tire. mmmm
18.gif

Now, does anyone like Leinies? Summer Shandy???

And who is deeply offended when they get offered CR
20.gif
P BEER? Ugggh. I mean, why waste your money on that stuff!!

I once tried a water/P
14.gif
SS/nasty beer for st patties day that was tinted green. OH. NASTY.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i sense a BWW/PS GTG at dani''s house in michigan coming up for all of the fat tire lovers (or just me...or the ohio/michigan girlies on here!!! new thread coming on....)! haha!

that tap is beautiful! i used to work in idaho, and we had fat tire in bottles and tap all summer long. i was a fat tire feen that summer. i''ll dig around for the pic of me drinking from the tap if i won''t get me kicked off....oh...how i miss thee fat tire....

dani, no, you aren''t the only one driving everywhere for it. my mom''s bf owned a beverage distributer...for miller/coors/irish imports. unfortunately, couldn''t get me a deal on the fat tire. we might have to trade info on where to get the fat tire- especially now that my husband may have us moving to indiana for a job!!

i love this thread :)

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Anyone is welcome in our house!!! No crazy, psycho biatches though please!!! :0) hahaha beer lovers join forces!!! lol ok that was lame and soooo not funny. join forces??? lol wow.

Charbie they have Fat Tire all throughout Indiana. My fiance'' and I drive like 5 miles into the state from Michigan to get it. It''s the closest place we could find it to us. The place we get it is actually a party store/gas station. I can''t remember the name of the city. I''ll have to ask my fiance'' later. Here is a link to what states carry Fat Tire now.

http://www.newbelgium.com/faq

Finace'' says he heard through the grapvine (one of his distributors) is picking up Fat Tire and Michigan should get it sometime next year.... oh please, please, please!!! Have you ever had 2 below? I like that beer of theirs too!!!

Oh another really good beer for you beer lovers is this.... try mixing Sam Adams Cherry Wheat with Oberon. Holy crap. Delicious!!!!!!!!!
35.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 10:12:12 PM
Author: charbie
i sense a BWW/PS GTG at dani''s house in michigan coming up for all of the fat tire lovers (or just me...or the ohio/michigan girlies on here!!! new thread coming on....)! haha!

that tap is beautiful! i used to work in idaho, and we had fat tire in bottles and tap all summer long. i was a fat tire feen that summer. i''ll dig around for the pic of me drinking from the tap if i won''t get me kicked off....oh...how i miss thee fat tire....

dani, no, you aren''t the only one driving everywhere for it. my mom''s bf owned a beverage distributer...for miller/coors/irish imports. unfortunately, couldn''t get me a deal on the fat tire. we might have to trade info on where to get the fat tire- especially now that my husband may have us moving to indiana for a job!!

i love this thread :)
Oooh!!!! Invite me! Invite me! A local GTG!!
1.gif

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I''m in!

Michigan/Ohio girls GTG! Mmmmm, beer....
18.gif

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
I''m in Southeastern Michgan. Where is everyone else located? Good to know there are people around me that have good taste in beer! It''s so funny because back in the day I would only drink Bud Light. Then fiance'' and I started trying new stuff. I think we started with Magic Hat #9 and kept on going from there :)

Beer!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 11:07:56 AM
Author: dani2142
I''m in Southeastern Michgan. Where is everyone else located? Good to know there are people around me that have good taste in beer! It''s so funny because back in the day I would only drink Bud Light. Then fiance'' and I started trying new stuff. I think we started with Magic Hat #9 and kept on going from there :)

Beer!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Ann Arbor here!
35.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LOL this thread is funny! We''re serving Fat Tire at our wedding. That was FI''s only request.
9.gif

Dani, is the tap drilled into the fridge?! I don''t get it.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
sunnyd- yepper. it''s drilled into the fridge and the tubing and kegs are inside the fridge. here is a pic. oh and your fiance'' has great taste!!! :) lol

insidefridge.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!! Dude I better not show this to him...he''ll want this set up immediately.
32.gif

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
LOL Christmas gift idea? Anniversary... etc.???

If you drink Fat Tire too it''s a win/win situation!!! Heh heh heh

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 11:28:50 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 10/29/2009 11:07:56 AM

Beer!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ann Arbor here!
35.gif

Detroit! Yay, we are all close!!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
And I suppose I could contribute to the beer discussion! Here in Detroit, we have Motor City Brewing Company, and I
30.gif
their beer.

My favorite is the Motor City Ghettoblaster (ok, I''ll admit I first chose it for the name, and kept choosing it for the taste! Yummy!)

Of course, I love Oberon as well (nothing says summer like beer served with an orange!! mmmmmm....)

I used to live in Holland, MI and New Holland Brewing Co. has a bunch of good ones. The Poet is a favorite.

My favorite non-local brewery beer that I can get anywhere and hits the spot every time is regular Sam Adams light. Love it! Also enjoy Cherry Wheat.

And to think of all the Natty''s ice I drank in college....blech!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Detroiters!!! You should help me plan my bachelorette party!!! :) I wanna go to a brewery and then go out afterwards. I''ve been leaning towards Atwater Brewery in the D... anyone been there????

And I know I shouldn''t be planning my own party but I want to pick out the brewery at least!!! LOL :) Thanks for the input!!!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
P.S. I love this thread!!!! :)

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
Love seeing all the beer fans here!!!!
9.gif

I live in Indianapolis, and when we FINALLY got Fat Tire here I saw it for the first time at a bar and about peed myself! My friends all just kind of looked at me funny :) Everyone''s welcome to come party with me!
I tried it when I was in Texas for a wedding several years ago and couldn''t get it here until hmm earlier this year I believe! Of course EVERY bar has it now, and for the true beer lovers we have Chumly''s which has 50 on tap and 99 different bottles!
I''m thinking when we eventually get a new refrigerator, I''m going to have to convince FI to turn the old one into a kegerator after seeing that beauty!
31.gif

Unfortunately my family is almost all German so my dad''s ordering Warsteiner kegs for the wedding, which I can''t complain about though, it''s damn good!
1.gif

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 1:47:16 PM
Detroiters!!! You should help me plan my bachelorette party!!! :) I wanna go to a brewery and then go out afterwards. I've been leaning towards Atwater Brewery in the D... anyone been there????

And I know I shouldn't be planning my own party but I want to pick out the brewery at least!!! LOL :) Thanks for the input!!!

Yay!! I have definitely been to every brewery in Detroit, and ALMOST moved into a loft that was in a rehabbed brewery, but the neighborhood was a little too sketchy and far from work.

Anyway...I have to say Atwater is not my fave. They only have like three beers on draft, don't serve liquor, and the very few types of wine they do have are crappy. We hang there sometimes but only when we are going to take a shuttle to a Wings game or something. We far prefer Andrew's next door. Total hole-in-the-wall, will serve you after hours, and the bartender makes a shot called "Gypsy Tears" but he won't tell us what's in it. It's bright blue, and one ingredient comes out of this unlabeled bottle. I know how sketchy that sounds, but it's good. I would do Detroit Beer Co. (casual, yummy food, and in the middle of downtown so close to stuff) or Motor City Brewing Company (VERY cool vibe, lots of regulars, and you can taste, taste, taste with their SIX-beer flights! Yummy!)

Ok, that was a ton of info, but I'm a little obsessed with Detroit. Do you live in the city? the suburbs? You could take a bus from the burbs to the city, around town, and then back home! That would be fun. Use www.nightmoves.com Ah, I love Detroit! Ok, back to work, but I'll totally help you plan later.

Also, love how this thread was about beer, and now is about bachelorette parties. Definitely made it relevant to BWW somehow!

ETA: Motor City Brewing WORKS, not Company

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 1:57:53 PM
Author: leeNY

Date: 10/29/2009 1:47:16 PM
Detroiters!!! You should help me plan my bachelorette party!!! :) I wanna go to a brewery and then go out afterwards. I''ve been leaning towards Atwater Brewery in the D... anyone been there????

And I know I shouldn''t be planning my own party but I want to pick out the brewery at least!!! LOL :) Thanks for the input!!!

Yay!! I have definitely been to every brewery in Detroit, and ALMOST moved into a loft that was in a rehabbed brewery, but the neighborhood was a little too sketchy and far from work.

Anyway...I have to say Atwater is not my fave. They only have like three beers on draft, don''t serve liquor, and the very few types of wine they do have are crappy. We hang there sometimes but only when we are going to take a shuttle to a Wings game or something. We far prefer Andrew''s next door. Total hole-in-the-wall, will serve you after hours, and the bartender makes a shot called ''Gypsy Tears'' but he won''t tell us what''s in it. It''s bright blue, and one ingredient comes out of this unlabeled bottle. I know how sketchy that sounds, but it''s good. I would do Detroit Beer Co. (casual, yummy food, and in the middle of downtown so close to stuff) or Motor City Brewing Company (VERY cool vibe, lots of regulars, and you can taste, taste, taste with their SIX-beer flights! Yummy!)

Ok, that was a ton of info, but I''m a little obsessed with Detroit. Do you live in the city? the suburbs? You could take a bus from the burbs to the city, around town, and then back home! That would be fun. Use www.nightmoves.com Ah, I love Detroit! Ok, back to work, but I''ll totally help you plan later.

Also, love how this thread was about beer, and now is about bachelorette parties. Definitely made it relevant to BWW somehow!

ETA: Motor City Brewing WORKS, not Company
I''ve never been to any of them so no hard feelings at all. I''m live in Troy. So wow thanks for all your tips. Which do you think would be the best for a bachelorette party?? It''s not until January LOL but I''m excited so I''m already thinking about it!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
So... umm... I'm an Ohio native but currently live in CO... but I'll be 'home' twice over the holiday season (Turkey Day & before Christmas for the weddin')...

If someone wants to arrange this Fat Tire GTG during the late fall/early winter, I'd loooove to bring a whole bunch of New Belgium brews
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
It'd be my pleasure! I'm sure we can fit a keg or two, or a number of cases into our hatchback!
9.gif
I love their winter seasonal brew!
18.gif
18.gif

ETA: I'm being serious, too!
2.gif
I'd love to haul my booty to MI after Thanksgiving to indulge in some beers and general fun with area LIW/BIW/Newlyweds!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 8:15:19 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
So... umm... I''m an Ohio native but currently live in CO... but I''ll be ''home'' twice over the holiday season (Turkey Day & before Christmas for the weddin'')...

If someone wants to arrange this Fat Tire GTG during the late fall/early winter, I''d loooove to bring a whole bunch of New Belgium brews

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
It''d be my pleasure! I''m sure we can fit a keg or two, or a number of cases into our hatchback!
9.gif
I love their winter seasonal brew!
18.gif
18.gif

ETA: I''m being serious, too!
2.gif
I''d love to haul my booty to MI after Thanksgiving to indulge in some beers and general fun with area LIW/BIW/Newlyweds!

We need to start a thread. I haven''t seen an MI or OH GTG since I joined PS.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i''m all for a GTG! i''m in Columbus, OH- but it would be worth the drive! And maybe it would be motivation for me to get these wedding photos together in an album to show off
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

i don''t know how to do a poll...can someone start it? and should it go in here or in the hangout?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 7:49:42 PM
Author:dani2142
I didn''t want to post pics on poor smurfyimproved''s thread. She is going through some rough stuff right now. Glad your fiance'' is ok. Things will get better promise...

Ok so Charbie you can get Fat Tire in Indiana now, not sure if that''s closer then Chicago for you, it is for us. That''s so funny. I thought my fiance'' and I were the only ones who drove to Chicago for beer. LOL Anyway here are some pics. We have Fat Tire on draft right now and also Oberon but we really don''t touch the Oberon. Not sure why we got it. If we have Fat Tire, that''s all we drink. We are trying to figure out a way to bring it with us to Jamaica for when we get married. Doubt we''ll be able to, but it''d be cool to have a case or something there.
Much closer...actually, i''m curious if we are down in the cinci area visiting my husbands family if they have it down in the southern parts of the state- that would be awesome! otherwise, looks like DH has to pick some up on his next work trip over there- he goes just about once a week anyways! thanks!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 10:28:59 AM
Author: charbie
i''m all for a GTG! i''m in Columbus, OH- but it would be worth the drive! And maybe it would be motivation for me to get these wedding photos together in an album to show off
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

i don''t know how to do a poll...can someone start it? and should it go in here or in the hangout?
Probably hangout! More traffic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results