shape
carat
color
clarity

Fashion jewelry trends

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
I'm wondering what are the biggest trends right now in fashion jewelry? And what do you think are up and coming trends?

By fashion jewelry, I mean jewelry that is more affordable and typically contains simulant gems. I also acknowledge that fashion and fine jewelry can be different things to different people.

I'd also be interested in knowing your opinion on trending fine jewelry as well.

And of course, pictures are welcome!

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
I want what ever is the alternitive to skinny bands to come into fashion

So like thicker bands? 3mm+? I'm with ya! Although I do like skinny bands as well, it's crazy that not many people go for wider bands lately. I still like them!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think fashion jewelry tends to follow fine or artisan jewelry trends...

i see a lot of vintage, rustic/bohemian and geometric stuff lately

i think the jewelers started making skinny bands b/c gold is so expensive! I'm too careless for thin pave bands so waiting to catch the next trend ;-)

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Pantone have just released their colour trends for 2020. Blue and mint green playing a big part and will probably filter into jewellery.
Pearls still seem to be a big thing as well.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Pantone have just released their colour trends for 2020. Blue and mint green playing a big part and will probably filter into jewellery.
Pearls still seem to be a big thing as well.

I love the Pantone blue color! It didn't cross my mind that I'd find that represented in jewelry. :mrgreen2:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Love the blue too! Keep an eye out for these colours appearing on the high street over the next month or two.or
According to industry news mint coloured gemstones are really having their day. Love the colour in jewellery (but not in clothes). Have a few month coloured stones that will be a fresh look for springtime, prasiolite and aquaprase. :mrgreen2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alina_st you seem to be posting 1 website to multiple threads even when it is not relevant. If you are in the trade you must identify as such, and cannot promote here.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I want what ever is the alternitive to skinny bands to come into fashion

This is my dream. I spend all my time helping people with CAD’s while trying to talk them out of skinny bands. If you have owned rings for a long time, you know what a bad choice this is for engagement rings unless you have an extremely well made piece by a reputable jeweler.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I liked mixed stack bands. I wish I had the fingers for it but I love them on other people. Especially mixing modern and vintage together with mixed metals too. I see a lot more new vintage inspired bands lately with all kinds of engraving. I love that colored gems are being used a lot more.

I have seen some amazing examples of 3D printing or laser cutting. This allows for metal manipulation in ways in which people haven’t been able to do before for fine and fashion jewelry.

I saw this one today on Tianyu’s IG feed and I find it so cool!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really follow trends as I know what I like and suit me.

Would love to see the back of those pearl earrings with sizable pearls as push backs as they look daft to me.

DK :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked mixed stack bands. I wish I had the fingers for it but I love them on other people. Especially mixing modern and vintage together with mixed metals too. I see a lot more new vintage inspired bands lately with all kinds of engraving. I love that colored gems are being used a lot more.

I have seen some amazing examples of 3D printing or laser cutting. This allows for metal manipulation in ways in which people haven’t been able to do before for fine and fashion jewelry.

I saw this one today on Tianyu’s IG feed and I find it so cool!

This is so cool!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results