shape
carat
color
clarity

fashion experts: tights or leggings with this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone,

i''m thinking about ordering this dress for an occasion next month. i''ll probably need to wear tights or leggings with it. it doesn''t get too cold where i live so there''s a small chance i may need neither. but if i do, which would look better?? or would neither look good with this dress? i think i know whether or not something is cute if i have a chance to see it, but i don''t have a great imagination when it comes to fashion, so i need help with this one.

it''s hard to see in the picture, but this dress is black and soft pink, and the fabric is silk.

please indicate how confident you are about your opinion when responding.

thanks!
1.gif

grad dress.jpg

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
better pic

g dress 2.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I love that dress! It is really pretty. I would say tights/hose. I would probably wear black but you could get away with a skintone too on that one. What shoes will you be wearing or do you know yet? Where are you ordering the dress from?

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking that if I wore tights I would wear these, either in pewter or black.

but if I wore leggings or had bare legs, I''d wear the shoes that Nordie''s suggests with the dress--they''re similar, also via spigas, but they''re sort of patent leather and have a little peep on the toe. i''ll post those in a second

via spiga pewter.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the fabric of the dress? both leggings and tights might be too "heavy" a look. What about just nylons if you need to cover you legs?

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
these are the other shoes.

the dress is silk. I was worried that leggings or thick tights would look too heavy also. if I wore them, it would be for warmth. nylons are pretty much out of the question for me. if it was warm enough to not need tights or leggings then i''d just forgo anything on my legs. maybe this is more of a spring dress or a resort dress, and not really for winter? i''m just not sure.
40.gif

via drama.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Opaque or sheer tights? Matte or irridescent finish? Since the dress is silk, unless the dress is lined you might need a slip since silk might "cling" to tights. I like the idea of a peep toed pump myself.

cheers--Sharon

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
i say tights or pantyhose. i would only wear leggings with a dress that looks more like a shirt/top (i.e. looks less like a stand alone dress). also, leggings look better with dresses that are shorter.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
It does seem like more of a warm weather dress to me. What is the weather like where you will be wearing it?

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
I''m in the south, so it''s hit or miss. it may be 40 degrees, but more likely about 50-60. but it could be as high as 70.

maybe if it is cold I''ll wear a sweater dress.

I love this dress and I think I''ll buy it even if I can''t wear it in the winter. But if it turns out that I can wear it, I want to wear the right shoes and tights and everything. I think I''m crazy b/c I just ordered both of the shoes pictured above, except the peep-toe ones I ordered in black satin. but I think the patent ones are really cute too so I might order those too? (zappo''s has free shipping both ways; i would not, of course, keep all 3 pairs...maybe 2 :)

would slightly sheer black tights that are cut off at the ankle and a little bit shiney look okay with this dress and the patent leather peep-toes? or no b/c the dress isn''t short enough? or it''s too 80''s?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Cute dress, but if it wasn''t warm enough to wear it with hose or bare legs I personally wouldn''t wear it. In my humble opinion tights or leggings will look too heavy with it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sheer hose would look best if it''s a tad chilly. Leggings and tights would be too heavy of a look for this dress. A fashion DONT, hehe.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:58:21 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Sheer hose would look best if it''s a tad chilly. Leggings and tights would be too heavy of a look for this dress. A fashion DONT, hehe.

would black sheer hose or nude sheer hose look better?

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely nude -it''s too delicate a dress for black in my humble opinion.
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
What a great dress! That is not a legging dress...Black opaques and chunky patent leather heels would look mod and fab! Edited- those you posted above are great...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
If you are going to do either I would add a layer underneath, a black long sleeved tee (perhaps with a bit of shimmer to dress it up). I am not a fan of leggings, so I''d wear tights.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:44:07 PM
Author: Sundial
Cute dress, but if it wasn''t warm enough to wear it with hose or bare legs I personally wouldn''t wear it. In my humble opinion tights or leggings will look too heavy with it.
my thoughts exactly.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results