shape
carat
color
clarity

FAO karee888

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

I noticed somewhere that you posted you were getting Kyleannemetals to bezel a tourmaline for you in white gold. Did you ever get round to posting pics? If not get posting!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if this is Karee''s, but Kyleanne sent me pics of this 14k bezel ring she made when I inquired.

kabez1.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, sorry they''re so big!

kabez2.jpg

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! They are some HUGE pictures! Thank you MTG. It looks like the gold has a matte finish, doesn''t it?

I wonder if it is karee888''s ring?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
hey! yeah, that''s mine!!! :) it''s matte finish white gold. i can''t wait to see it, since i am still in europe! from the pics she went, it''s exactly what i wanted. and a great price, too!

i''ll take TONS of pics next week when i get back, i promise!

that''s a blue green tourmaline from barry, btw.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I really like it and I''d like to see how it is from the bottom. Is the bezel open on the bottom?

Hope you wrap up your research and get home soon. Waiting must be hard karee!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 10:11:29 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Well I really like it and I''d like to see how it is from the bottom. Is the bezel open on the bottom?

Hope you wrap up your research and get home soon. Waiting must be hard karee!
yup, completely open.

bezel bottom.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
hmm, sorry that''s so small.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo... it looks awesome. If you don''t mind me asking how big is the centre stone and how much did it cost to have made (you did say it was a great price!)?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 11:05:56 AM
Author: SapphireLover
Oooo... it looks awesome. If you don''t mind me asking how big is the centre stone and how much did it cost to have made (you did say it was a great price!)?
sure! the stone was 6.2mm, and she charged $110 including shipping. i think it''s a great price, especially considering i paid substantially more than that for another bezel setting i have for my mother''s engagement diamond. plus she was awesome to work with. so nice!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is amazingly reasonable. I will keep her in mind for any projects that I have.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I like the matt finish and rounded shank. The pricing is fantastic too. Is there no possibility of adding an airline near the bottom of the bezel? There will be absolutely no light coming into the stone except from the top, which means the stone must be light to begin with.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
i haven''t seen it yet, so i don''t know if it will be too dark for me. she did say that she polished the inside of the bezel like crazy to help the light reflect. does that make sense?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure how much it will help because there is absolutely no light coming in from anywhere but the top. Once worn, the open bottom will be covered by your finger. This is why I am asking if she can add an airline in the bezel. An example would be to cup the entire pavilion of the stone to see how much the stone darkens up, except that a bezel will also cover the entire girdle and a very small portion of the crown. In her picture, the light is shining though the stone brightening it because the back isn’t blocked by a finger.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
i guess i''ll just have to see when i get home!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karee,
I’m sorry if I caused unnecessary worry. It isn’t my intention.
39.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve just found this picture on Kyleannemetals flickr site. It shows how your ring looks on the finger. It does darken it a little, bit it still sparkles.Go have a look on flickr (there is a link on her etsy page). There''s quite a few pics up.

Karis ring on the finger.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 12:35:12 PM
Author: SapphireLover
I''ve just found this picture on Kyleannemetals flickr site. It shows how your ring looks on the finger. It does darken it a little, bit it still sparkles.Go have a look on flickr (there is a link on her etsy page). There''s quite a few pics up.
cool! i didn''t know she had those posted. i think the finger pic is before she cleaned the polishing compound from behind the bezel -- she sent tat one to me previously [she had to use her friend''s US].

no worries, chrono. since it''s a barry stone, i am sure it will still sparkle :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love the bezel ring :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results