shape
carat
color
clarity

Fans of old cuts - 1.54ct OEC at Ouros

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a mistake in the listing, in that it mentioned Old Mine Cut as well as OEC.

I informed Vijay as such, now corrected.

We started chatting about this stone, and I am going down the rabbit hole that may lead to a lab/MMD OEC project with him from May 2021 onwards with a smaller stone!

DK :roll2: :lol-2:

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
To me, the cut appears to be a transitional.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
There was a mistake in the listing, in that it mentioned Old Mine Cut as well as OEC.

I informed Vijay as such, now corrected.

We started chatting about this stone, and I am going down the rabbit hole that may lead to a lab/MMD OEC project with him from May 2021 onwards with a smaller stone!

DK :roll2: :lol-2:

Suuuper curious to see more! Agree with @Polyhex that it does look more transitional to me...but pretty nonetheless!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Very curious as I would def like an OEC over 1.5ct one day. The video isn't showing a lot of the pastel bursts I'd like to see in an OEC and looks a little shallow?

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I thought that. It seems a little bit... flat. I want OECs to have those gorgeous flashes of colour.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest, if I were to get an OEC around 1ct, I may go to Ivy and Rose and get one of their mined stones as the price difference and saving is not that significant.

This is the ring setting I have in mind, saw it listed in Lang's a couple of days ago, the centre stone is 1.06ct:

Capture.JPG

DK :))

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ouros' "OEC" is more transitional....chunkier flashes than a RB, but has a larger table than an OEC.

That said, my "OEC" 5 stone sparkles like crazy... I now really want a chunky uprong eternity with those "OEC"s...but for a solitaire type situation, I don't think Ouros has the true OEC cut down pat....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results